TyroMax - Liquid Thyroid (NDT), USP

DaveFoster

I think there is no optimal rT3 test as long as it is in range. I would consider heart rate and cholesterol as better gauges as the body regulates rT3 tightly and as long as heart rate is 80 or above after eating, and cholesterol is below 200 then it suggests thyroid is working well so rT3 does not matter much. If the rT3 is above range on 2 consecutive tests at least 4 weeks apart then I think it is time to consider T3 supplement or lower the NDT dose.
So does that apply if someone's particularly stressed? Dr. Peat has said some added T3 can be helpful during times of stress, so wouldn't it be likely that the heart rate would stay elevated during those periods with little change in cholesterol values?

TeaRex14

Hey I only occasionally take thyroid anymore, mostly in the winter months. In the past I've just always used Thai products (Thyroid-S), pretty good stuff but highly expensive. I tried the Nutri-Med product a few times and even though it worked, it seemed to be watered down in comparison to Thai thyroid. But I'm considering giving the Tryomax a try now due to all the good reviews here and the fact it's cheaper then Thai thyroid. Does anyone have any anecdotal experience with comparing the two products?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So does that apply if someone's particularly stressed? Dr. Peat has said some added T3 can be helpful during times of stress, so wouldn't it be likely that the heart rate would stay elevated during those periods with little change in cholesterol values?

Heart rate can go up in stress but core temps usually go down if it is a stress related event. So, if BPM is above 80 and temps are above 98 then it is probably not an adrenaline driven issue. But if BPM is high and core temps are low then it could a stress issue. T3 can help under stress and this is actually the only time when I use it. Cyproheptadine also seems to work really well for me too, so I try to avoid taking thyroid if I have other measures that can work just as well.

DaveFoster

Heart rate can go up in stress but core temps usually go down if it is a stress related event. So, if BPM is above 80 and temps are above 98 then it is probably not an adrenaline driven issue. But if BPM is high and core temps are low then it could a stress issue. T3 can help under stress and this is actually the only time when I use it. Cyproheptadine also seems to work really well for me too, so I try to avoid taking thyroid if I have other measures that can work just as well.
That's interesting that you still use cyproheptadine even when you have exogenous hormones on hand. Thanks for the info!

Owen B

I checked out most of the thread and answered a lot of my questions.

I can see now why there's no mention of T4, T3 and no mcgs comparisons to grains.

I was prepared to wade into the choppy waters of mcgs and dilution, but people over here seem to be getting pretty good results. So I'll spring for some.

My one question is about liver function because that looks that the factor that comes up the most for preventing good results. What are the symptoms of poor liver function and what's the best IdeaLabsDc for that?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I checked out most of the thread and answered a lot of my questions.

I can see now why there's no mention of T4, T3 and no mcgs comparisons to grains.

I was prepared to wade into the choppy waters of mcgs and dilution, but people over here seem to be getting pretty good results. So I'll spring for some.

My one question is about liver function because that looks that the factor that comes up the most for preventing good results. What are the symptoms of poor liver function and what's the best IdeaLabsDc for that?

Poor tolerance to alcohol, insulin resistance, inability to go without food for longer than 2-3 hours without getting a stress response, bloating in the epigastric area, etc. I think pregnenolone, progesterone, emodin, SFA, methylene blue, ATP, etc would all be good things to try given their track record of studied for liver health. So, Pansterone, Progestene, Lapodin, MitoLipin, DeFibron, Oxidal, Cardenosine, etc would be some products to try.

Tbone107

Is there an opinion on taking tyromax away or with food for best results? I know with synthroid they say to take away from food for at least 1 hr both ways and then avoid magnesium and calcium for longer than that. Would that hold true with tyromax or a t3 supp taken orally?

Owen B

Poor tolerance to alcohol, insulin resistance, inability to go without food for longer than 2-3 hours without getting a stress response, bloating in the epigastric area, etc. I think pregnenolone, progesterone, emodin, SFA, methylene blue, ATP, etc would all be good things to try given their track record of studied for liver health. So, Pansterone, Progestene, Lapodin, MitoLipin, DeFibron, Oxidal, Cardenosine, etc would be some products to try.
Thanks for the reply. Duly noted about the symptoms.

But what is it specifically about poor liver function that interferes with thyroid function? I think that was probably the ? I also wanted to ask.

Because I definitely have sugar issues. I crash every day about 5-6 PM. But I don't want to be chasing my own tail with the sugar thing. I thought thyroid had a major role in stabilizing sugar uptake. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in it. But if I have these other symptoms, I'm not sure what end to start on. The liver end or the thyroid.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the reply. Duly noted about the symptoms.

But what is it specifically about poor liver function that interferes with thyroid function? I think that was probably the ? I also wanted to ask.

Because I definitely have sugar issues. I crash every day about 5-6 PM. But I don't want to be chasing my own tail with the sugar thing. I thought thyroid had a major role in stabilizing sugar uptake. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in it. But if I have these other symptoms, I'm not sure what end to start on. The liver end or the thyroid.

Most of the T3 is synthesized in the liver from T4. So, poor liver function = low T3.

Peatogenic

What is the thinking on thyroid supplementation resolving thyroid issues? Does this only offer benefits while taking it?

I'm not sure but I think that this product was causing me some skin allergies so I stopped. I'm taking pure T4 and Tyronene and I think the problem is better. It is very hard to say and I wouldn't say for sure that this product was responsible. But I just decided to not take a chance.

Peatogenic

I'm not sure but I think that this product was causing me some skin allergies so I stopped. I'm taking pure T4 and Tyronene and I think the problem is better. It is very hard to say and I wouldn't say for sure that this product was responsible. But I just decided to not take a chance.

So do you see T4 and Tyronene as something you will have to always take, or do you feel it's healing/retraining the organ?

So do you see T4 and Tyronene as something you will have to always take, or do you feel it's healing/retraining the organ?

Dr. Peat has said that it can often be something taken for a year. That's my plan, to take it as a recovery aid and then not need it.

brocktoon

I would try both and stick with what raises pulse/temps more. It really depend son liver function I guess. I would always take with meals, the calcium is not that big of an issue unless you are taking antibiotics with it.
Hello, @haidut. In your response to the question about oral vs. topical TyroMax, u mention that it may be influenced by liver function. My rat has a fatty inflamed liver and I'm wondering if this would suggest that topical application may end up being more effective in terms of absorption. I will try both. Your thoughts?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello, @haidut. In your response to the question about oral vs. topical TyroMax, u mention that it may be influenced by liver function. My rat has a fatty inflamed liver and I'm wondering if this would suggest that topical application may end up being more effective in terms of absorption. I will try both. Your thoughts?

Tyromax is a mulsion and most people report using it orally. If there is a liver issue then maybe trying to address that issue first would help, as Peat has suggested before. So, sufficient protein (a good portion of it form gelatin), caffeine, aspirin, vitamin K, etc should help restore liver function and thus good reaction to thyroid.

geneu

Tyromax is a mulsion and most people report using it orally. If there is a liver issue then maybe trying to address that issue first would help, as Peat has suggested before. So, sufficient protein (a good portion of it form gelatin), caffeine, aspirin, vitamin K, etc should help restore liver function and thus good reaction to thyroid.
I just want to buy.
But seem disappear on IdeaLabs Online Store - Cosmetic Raw Ingredients

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals