Am I Drinking Too Much?

MeowMeow

Hey Guys, first post, here are my stats along with my question... 38 y/o male, Pulse 70, Temp 96

My diet works out in cronometer but I'm wondering if consuming too many fluids is preventing my temperature from raising any further? It's plateaued and has been for the past two weeks after 4 months of a consistent rise. How do I continue to raise my temp?

Sample:
Breakfast... 2 cups OJ, 2 cups goat milk, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 cup coffee/gelatin
Lunch... Same
Dinner... 2 cups grape juice, grass fed beef, 1 cup coffee/gelatin

Supplements:
A, B, D, E, K2, Aspirin, Pregnenolone, Progesterone, Niacinamide (all oil based applied to the skin)
180 mg Desiccated Thyroid (crushed, ingested)

Any critiques of the diet/supps are appreciated but my main concern is my temp. I feel good at 96 but I also feel like that could be because my health was so terrible 6 months ago (before peating) and it tends to be my point of reference.

p.s. Thanks for all the conversations that happen without me, they've easily been the most important resource in my health recovery.

p.p.s. my apologies for the click-baity subject title.

OP
M

MeowMeow

Thanks, I do drink organic, pulp free and it's not one of the brands listed so hopefully it's free of that stuff.

Cirion

Liquids can be very problematic for people with sluggish metabolisms, especially if they're cold. Even though I can readily get my temps to 99-100+, I still can't tolerate very much cold liquids, even less than what you're having a day generally.

Hot liquids is a different story. They actually can often help bringing temps up, so hot coffee is super effective at bringing waking temperatures up. Teas can be nice if you don't want caffeine but want a hot liquid. I only drink coffee and tea now with a SMALL amount of OJ/milk a day now.

Basically the problem is that it takes energy to heat up the stomach, and if one is already hypothyroid with an energy deficit, then it's like taking a second credit card to pay off your first one. If your temps are 96, I would stay far away from liquids as much as you can, or heat them up at least. Warm milk is another option, if you don't wanna give up milk. I'd limit the cold drinks to like 1-2 glasses a day, my opinion though. At the very least, make sure you pair up something cold with something hot right after. I have my OJ often in the morning, in between my 2 cups of coffee, and the cold from the OJ is immediately negated by my next hot coffee.

Tl;DR - you answered your own question. Probably too many liquids. Also looks pretty low in calories overall, which are going to be needed to drive temps up as well.

Another thought, is that cold liquids are going to be even more problematic in winter time. Cold liquids probably won't have the same negative impact in a hot tropical climate so if you lived in like Hawaii or something then it probably is no big deal.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

:goodpost
Cirion is right! When I tried the milk diet my temp dropped from 98.8 to 97 it was crazy. I thought it was a sign I had been running on adrenaline but looking back it was just tanking my metabolism. I don't drink milk at all anymore. I eat normal meals with some fruit here and there and my temp is a solid 98.6 higher in the summer.

OP
M

MeowMeow

Thanks very much, one reason this diet benefits me, is the bypassing of the fiber/starches I have trouble with... but it looks like I might have to give them another shot if I want to keep raising my metabolism.

InChristAlone

Thanks very much, one reason this diet benefits me, is the bypassing of the fiber/starches I have trouble with... but it looks like I might have to give them another shot if I want to keep raising my metabolism.
I don't eat a lot fiber but I do eat starches and probably will never eliminate them again for very long. How about potatoes do those work for you?

OP
M

MeowMeow

Yeah it's more than likely the reason I've flatlined at 96... I'll start with potato tonight and go from there. I'm concerned because I do tend to get hit pretty hard by endotoxin. Thanks all.

Cirion

Some starches are OK... like some tubers (sweet potatoes are my go-to), squashes, and sprouted grains. Unfortunately, sprouted grains are kinda expensive. I think white rice can be OK too though, if prepared well.

Honestly pretty much nothing beats starches for getting those really high 100+F temps. Last night I had some rice with butter and got the highest temps I've had ever yet: 100.6F pretty much fever level high lol.

Endotoxin is generally a result of poor choice for starch and/or poor preparation. Wheat should be avoided like the plague.

OP
M

MeowMeow

I feel like having "leaky gut" doesn't help with endotoxin at all, as I was getting some pretty bad reactions with a decent selection of starches IMO... potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, white rice, cassava... all organic.

p.s. is it weird to be excited about raising my metabolism?

agnar

bro you're eating 2000 kcal a day.. eat some cheese, wild out on some milk lol