Sons Tumor

haidut

Forum Supporter
If the m understanding you right that almost a standard 325 mg aspirin. Also your thoughts on dhea , pregnenolone, or progesterone or anything else on someone so young.

Yes, a tablet a day should be enough to have a benefit if the doctor agrees with this approach. I would do tests for hormones like cortisol, progesterone and pregnenolone before starting to give him any of these. DHEA is mostly produced after puberty so I don't know what effect it would have on a child.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Has anyone emailed Ray to see if he has anything to add? If not maybe we should pick one person who is willing to copy the OP and send it to him.

Read about mebendozole usage in cancer therapy. Consult your doctor before using it.

Repurposing Drugs in Oncology (ReDO)—mebendazole as an anti-cancer agent

Repurposing Drugs in Oncology (ReDO)—mebendazole as an anti-cancer agent

Mebendazole, a well-known anti-helminthic drug in wide clinical use, has anti-cancer properties that have been elucidated in a broad range of pre-clinical studies across a number of different cancer types. Significantly, there are also two case reports of anti-cancer activity in humans. The data are summarised and discussed in relation to suggested mechanisms of action. Based on the evidence presented, it is proposed that mebendazole would synergise with a range of other drugs, including existing chemotherapeutics, and that further exploration of the potential of mebendazole as an anti-cancer therapeutic is warranted. A number of possible combinations with other drugs are discussed in the Appendix.

More info here: Mebendazole: A Cancer Fighting Drug We Find at the Supermarket – Mihaela Catalina Stanciu Foundation for Life

OP
R

Rah

Yes, a tablet a day should be enough to have a benefit if the doctor agrees with this approach. I would do tests for hormones like cortisol, progesterone and pregnenolone before starting to give him any of these. DHEA is mostly produced after puberty so I don't know what effect it would have on a child.

We have upped the aspirin. Is that enough because I seen here people taking grams for cancer. On another note I've emailed ray about everything and his reply was

The amount of vitamin D absorbed through the skin is very small, compared to oral use. Have his hormones been measured? TSH, prolactin, estrogen, vitamin D?
Internal acidification of cells is necessary for apoptosis, and tumors grow because their apoptosis is prevented by the internal alkalinity caused by glycolysis. Baking soda, some antihistamines, and acetazolamide (Diamox) can restore normal intracellular acidity.

Can you help with that last part. How would one dose those .

Also just to update this post we have another MRI in December. But we may have to make it sooner as his left eye has a slight bounce (nystagmus) returning which was the symptom that led us down the path to finding out.

haidut

Forum Supporter
We have upped the aspirin. Is that enough because I seen here people taking grams for cancer. On another note I've emailed ray about everything and his reply was

The amount of vitamin D absorbed through the skin is very small, compared to oral use. Have his hormones been measured? TSH, prolactin, estrogen, vitamin D?
Internal acidification of cells is necessary for apoptosis, and tumors grow because their apoptosis is prevented by the internal alkalinity caused by glycolysis. Baking soda, some antihistamines, and acetazolamide (Diamox) can restore normal intracellular acidity.

Can you help with that last part. How would one dose those .

Also just to update this post we have another MRI in December. But we may have to make it sooner as his left eye has a slight bounce (nystagmus) returning which was the symptom that led us down the path to finding out.

I don't know about safe dosing but children are commonly given 1tsp baking soda (5g-6g) to help with constipation or muscle cramps. You'd have to Google for the Diamox dose, there are pages describing its use in children. Same for the antihistamine. I don't think he means to take high doses of these so any reference you can find by Google "cyproheptadine dose children" or "Benadryl dose children" should work.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
https://m.pdr.net/Mobile/Pages/drug-summary/Acetazolamide-Tablets-acetazolamide-667
Infants†, Children†, and Adolescents†
10 to 30 mg/kg/day PO (Max: 1,000 mg/day) given in 1 to 4 divided doses has been used in small studies of pediatric patients with glaucoma. Although acetazolamide appears to be a more potent ocular hypotensive agent than topical therapy, the authors of the available studies recommend its use when adequate reductions in IOP are not achieved with topical therapy due to the potential for serious adverse reactions. 13.3 to 30 mg/kg/day PO given once daily (Max: 1,000 mg/day) was added to topical therapy in a retrospective study of pediatric patients with glaucoma of various etiologies (n = 22, age 8 months to 15 years). The duration of acetazolamide therapy ranged from 6 to 31 days and resulted in a mean decrease in intraocular pressure (IOP) of 29.6%. A target dose of approximately 10 mg/kg/day PO given in 2 to 4 divided doses was used in a crossover study of pediatric patients with glaucoma of various etiologies being switched from acetazolamide to topical dorzolamide (n = 11, age 3 to 12 years). The mean IOP in patients receiving acetazolamide was significantly reduced compared to baseline (36%, p less than 0.01); the mean IOP in patients receiving dorzolamide was also significantly reduced compared to baseline (27%, p less than 0.01) but to a lesser degree than in those patients treated with acetazolamide.
http://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Acetazolamide-Tablets-acetazolamide-667
This is related to dosages of Diamox used in children (for glaucoma).

OP
R

Rah

I don't know about safe dosing but children are commonly given 1tsp baking soda (5g-6g) to help with constipation or muscle cramps. You'd have to Google for the Diamox dose, there are pages describing its use in children. Same for the antihistamine. I don't think he means to take high doses of these so any reference you can find by Google "cyproheptadine dose children" or "Benadryl dose children" should work.

Well good news and to update this thread we had another MRI today and the tumor stayed the same Thank God. We have been doing everything the same but have upped aspirin to 2 tablets . This is huge as this has been 7 months without chemo. Like I’ve said before last time they took him off the exact same chemo it grew 30% in 3 months. This time it’s been 7 months and doing good. I will continue this going forward but have a question about a blood test ALT. It was 46 U/L and it says it supposed to be 10 - 25 U/L. Also the Cyproheptadine has caused quite a bit of weight gain and if we could come off that or not thanks.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Well good news and to update this thread we had another MRI today and the tumor stayed the same Thank God. We have been doing everything the same but have upped aspirin to 2 tablets . This is huge as this has been 7 months without chemo. Like I’ve said before last time they took him off the exact same chemo it grew 30% in 3 months. This time it’s been 7 months and doing good. I will continue this going forward but have a question about a blood test ALT. It was 46 U/L and it says it supposed to be 10 - 25 U/L. Also the Cyproheptadine has caused quite a bit of weight gain and if we could come off that or not thanks.

Amazing! Awesome!
The elevated ALT could be due to cypro. I think adding a bit of glycine/gelatin in the diet may help control liver issues while using cypro and it may help control the weight gain too.

OP
R

Rah

Well today we got the news that the tumor grew today by 20% in spite of these supplements and dietary changes . We have to start chemo in a week and I don’t know what else to do .

Peatful

Well today we got the news that the tumor grew today by 20% in spite of these supplements and dietary changes . We have to start chemo in a week and I don’t know what else to do .

Rah, I am so sorry.

Mercy.

Are you sure your son does not eat something harmful like PUFA loaded snacks in his school or somewhere else? Or may be there is a stupid person around feeding him secretly out of pity? I have some real life examples of idiotic grandmothers feeding prohibited food to allergic kids without anyone knowing.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Does he consistently use cypro, aspirin and vitamin K?

OP
R

Rah

2 325 mg tablets of aspirin and 5 drops of kuinone a day we had to cut out the (2mg) Cyproheptadine due to really excessive weight and high alt levels . If you have any feedback though it would be greatly appreciated . It’s a low grade glioma but it keeps coming back. We almost made it 10 months without chemo. I think that the ideas from here played a part in that. Now there saying his tumor has a genetic mutation that they have a pill for that “ MIGHT “ work. I know cancer or life for that matter has no promises but their choice of words as maybe , limit, or might offer little hope. As far as diet we try to be as strict as a picky 6 yr old will allow. I believe truly that this metabolic approach is the right track but that I was missing some crucial piece of the puzzle that could push it over the edge. I’m not looking to hopefully contain the cancer even though I understand that would be great that he’s alive. But I believe that it is possible to reverse this disease. But this quest for knowledge is so vast and sadly I’m learning to slow. Thank you for all the help please continue with it as I’m will stay up with this and am trying to learn all I can.

haidut

Forum Supporter
2 325 mg tablets of aspirin and 5 drops of kuinone a day we had to cut out the (2mg) Cyproheptadine due to really excessive weight and high alt levels . If you have any feedback though it would be greatly appreciated . It’s a low grade glioma but it keeps coming back. We almost made it 10 months without chemo. I think that the ideas from here played a part in that. Now there saying his tumor has a genetic mutation that they have a pill for that “ MIGHT “ work. I know cancer or life for that matter has no promises but their choice of words as maybe , limit, or might offer little hope. As far as diet we try to be as strict as a picky 6 yr old will allow. I believe truly that this metabolic approach is the right track but that I was missing some crucial piece of the puzzle that could push it over the edge. I’m not looking to hopefully contain the cancer even though I understand that would be great that he’s alive. But I believe that it is possible to reverse this disease. But this quest for knowledge is so vast and sadly I’m learning to slow. Thank you for all the help please continue with it as I’m will stay up with this and am trying to learn all I can.

You may want to ask the doctor for ketotifen, which is similar to cypro but does not seem to elevate liver enzymes and is also often prescribed to people with tumors so the doctor should be OK with prescribing it. I think controlling histamine in tumors is key and stopping cypro may have led to the regrowth.

OP
R

Rah

I feel horrible now for stopping. Is it possible to do topical Cyproheptadine to bypass the liver or is the absorption not good or hard to judge.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I feel horrible now for stopping. Is it possible to do topical Cyproheptadine to bypass the liver or is the absorption not good or hard to judge.

The latter. You can estimate but doctors don't like estimates when it comes to tumors.

OP
R

Rah

Do have any estimate what the absorption would be and I know it’s only a estimate.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do have any estimate what the absorption would be and I know it’s only a estimate.

Not for cypro, sorry.