Sulphur-reducing Bacteria

Amazoniac

Thank you for that @Amazoniac ! Interesting connection between B2 and vit D. I was not aware of that. It really seems that if you look close enough everything is somehow connected to everything else. Maybe this is true for all things... Anyway, you have inspired me to retry supping some b's beyond the occational yeast (dont like the taste anyway). I just dug out the Premier Max B-ND that I had in the back of the cabinet. Will trial it for a few weeks.
It's probable that you'll abandon it for the same reasons that you did before if nothing has changed.

Not a convenient option but definitely better and cheaper to have the vitamins isolated to know how each affects you and adjust based on individual needs.

Someone sent me the link for that supplement some time ago. I sent the person this message:
The supplement that you shared costs $80.

PureBulk's prices as example
(actually getting paid)

$

06.00 - Niacin
13.00 - Riboflavin
24.00 - Thiamine
08.00 - Pantothenic acid (elsewhere)
08.00 - Pyridoxine
08.00 - Biotin

06.00 - Folate (elsewhere)
08.00 - Cobalamin (elsewhere)
_____

But the amounts that you have with these powders is insane*, they're much more stable, you can use according to needs and there won't be fillers.

[]

It's also going to be way cheaper and you have control over the quality.

*If you take 20 mg of a nutrient a day and a bag has 50 g, it lasts 7 years. :ss
So clearly the concern is how long it's able to remain stable.
The supplement also misses choline and inositol.
Seems like a solid diet. I can add that for me I have to be careful with stuff like brocolli, raw onions and other cruceficerious vegetables. They mess with digestion. But I do think some cooked vegetables are key to providing some safe fiber to avoid protein fermentation down there. Green beans, capsicums, turnips, butternut squash... Oh and shiitake shrooms are really great for gut health too imho. Regular white button shrooms have too much iron and toxins for me. Now that I think of it, it seems mushrooms always take care of excess gas. I just instinctively use them every day.
Mushrooms are fungus and when you provide them with inorganic selenium during growth, a great deal is turned into selenomethionine, similar to what is found in nutritional yeast. Shiitake is a notable source, I think in large amounts it can be troublesome for Chris since he has just mentioned problems with it.

Amazoniac

Antimicrobial effect of acidified nitrite on gut pathogens: importance of dietary nitrate in host defense.

"Nitrogen oxides and nitrous acid are recognized in organic chemistry as noxious compounds and atmospheric pollutants and represent a significant population health risk (21). In humans, ingested nitrate (NO3−) is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract into the bloodstream and concentrated in the salivary glands by an active transport system shared with iodide and thiocyanate, increasing concentrations up to 10 times that in plasma (23, 25). Salivary nitrate is then rapidly reduced to nitrite (NO2−) by nitrate reductase expressed by microorganisms in the mouth (11). N-Nitrosamines are formed from nitrite and secondary amines in the stomach (15, 20), and concerns about the endogenous formation of these potentially carcinogenic compounds has led to calls for restriction of nitrate and nitrite in food products and drinking water (24)."

"We have recently suggested that the production of salivary nitrite serves a useful purpose as a host defense mechanism against swallowed pathogens via the formation of bacteriocidal compounds in the stomach (1). It has been shown that expelled stomach air contains a high concentration of the antimicrobial gas nitric oxide (NO˙) which is enhanced by dietary nitrate intake (16). We proposed that the salivary generation of nitrite is accomplished by a symbiotic relationship involving nitrate-reducing bacteria on the tongue surface, which is designed to provide a host defense against microbial pathogens in the mouth and lower gut via chemical NO˙ production (6)."

"Patients with infective gastroenteritis have increased plasma nitrate levels compared with those in healthy controls (7), septicemic patients (19), and patients with inflammatory bowel disease (7a). During infective gastroenteritis, salivary generation of nitrite might be greatly enhanced, resulting in increased gastric NO˙ production."

"The acidity in the lumen of the human stomach is dependent on physiological variables such as previous food intake, anxiety, age, medication such as antacids, and previous gastric surgery. Under fasting conditions the median of the luminal pH in healthy volunteers is around 2.0, ranging from 1.5 to 5.5 (27). Ingestion of a meal characteristic of the main meal of a Western diet produces an immediate rise in the median gastric pH to about 6.0, which will return over the following 2 to 3 h to premeal values of about 2.0 (14, 22)."

"Human salivary nitrate and nitrite concentrations are greatly influenced by the amount of nitrate in the diet. It is estimated that some 25% of dietary nitrate is secreted into saliva, and most of this nitrate is converted to nitrite by nitrate reductase (25). The reduction of nitrate to nitrite is enhanced by chewing, which increases salivary contact with the tongue (10). After intake of a nitrate-rich meal, up to 1.5 mmol of nitrite could enter the stomach (25). Therefore, it appears that the concentration of nitrite in saliva varies according to dietary nitrate intake, activity of bacterial nitrate reductase, salivary flow rate, and endogenous production of nitrate. Values between 0.05 and 10 mmol/ml have been reported."

"The antibacterial potential of swallowed salivary nitrite at low pH is clearly demonstrated by the data in this study."

"Nitric oxide inhibits respiratory chain enzymes through inactivation of iron-sulfur complexes (9) and disrupts DNA replication by inhibiting ribonucleotide reductase (17). Its toxicity has been demonstrated for a rapidly expanding list of microorganisms (3) as well as for tumor cells (18). However! Experiments with NO˙ donor compounds have shown little antibacterial activity of NO˙ itself (4), and its toxic effects are more likely to be accomplished via the formation of peroxynitrite in the presence of superoxide (29), the oxygen-dependent generation of the nitrogen dioxide radical when nitric oxide concentrations are high (2), and/or the formation of still-uncharacterized nitrogen species (28). It seems most likely that the antibacterial activity of acidified nitrite is due to an additive contribution of reactive intermediates of nitrogen (12)."

"[..]addition of nitrite to acidic solutions achieves killing of gut pathogens where acid alone allows growth to continue. Physiological concentrations of nitrite accomplish killing after exposure times that are comparable with the transfer time of a food bolus through the stomach. Addition of thiocyanate, which is also concentrated in saliva, but not of chloride increased antibacterial activity (Table 2)."

"Generation of salivary nitrite increases greatly after nitrate ingestion, suggesting that ingestion of foods rich in nitrate protects against infective gastroenteritis. The high plasma nitrate levels observed in patients that are suffering from infective gastroenteritis may protect against the fecal-oral route of reinfection via increased generation of salivary nitrite."

"Health-conscious individuals and government authorities have advocated restriction of dietary nitrates for the last 20 years after ingestion of amines and nitrates had been associated with gastric cancer in animal models. Although the harmful and potentially carcinogenic activity of N-nitrosamines cannot be dismissed, epidemiological evidence for this association has been lacking (8, 13). We submit that the mechanism of chemical host defense which seems to take place in symbiosis with nitrate-reducing bacteria on the surface of our tongues may be of fundamental importance. Rather than a potential carcinogen, we postulate that nitrate may be a useful nutrient, particularly when accompanied by ascorbic acid (26), as is the case with vegetables."

Amazoniac

Tell them Wagner begs to differ, loading on nitrates-rich foods over the span of one-two weeks (beet greens and its broth are the worse) led to scary heart/bloodflow problems, bad sleep and as a result anxiety, it was bad enough he had to go to the ER. He hasn't tried extracting the nutrients in a mouthwash broth yet.
Vascular Effects Of Dietary Nitrate Via The Nitrate-nitrite-nitric Oxide Pathway
No need to load on those foods, the thing is these are being put to use once ingested.

- Spotlights on immunological effects of reactive nitrogen species: When inflammation says nitric oxide
- Reactive Nitrogen Species Contribute to Innate Host Defense against Campylobacter jejuni
- Ascorbate attenuates red light mediated vasodilation: Potential role of S-nitrosothiols (out of curiosity)

Have you been consuming enough vitamin C and sun exposing?

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

Triterpenoid herbal saponins enhance beneficial bacteria, decrease sulfate-reducing bacteria, modulate inflammatory intestinal microenvironment and exert cancer preventive effects in ApcMin/+ mice

GpS treatment significantly reduced sulfate-reducing bacteria in ApcMin/+ mice
Deltaproteobacteria is one of the major phylogenetic lineages of SRB [25]. Compared with the controls, GpS-treated ApcMin/+ mice showed a substantial reduction in the relative abundance of Deltaproteobacteria as validated by pyrosequencing analysis (Figure (Figure3F).3F). These findings suggest a suppressing effect of GpS on sulfate-reducing bacteria, for which the polyp formation was reduced.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals