Aortic Valve Stenosis Alternative Treatments

Soren

Forum Supporter
I am putting together a paper that sets out some alternative treatment options for those suffering from Aortic Valve Stenosis. Similar to my paper in Parkinson's but hopefully a little more refined. (here is a link to that paper if anyone is interested Parkinson's Disease)

I will publish the paper on this forum and will update this thread with any progress I make and to ask for feedback on particular treatments, theories, medicines etc. Any and all advice and questions are welcome.

Some background as to why I am doing this;

I have a family member in his late 50s who has been diagnosed with a Aortic Valve Stenosis, he also has a bicuspid valve. He has been told that he has to have surgery to replace the valve. It is quite an intense surgery as it involves sawing open his chest cavity to replace the valve. Obviously I am hoping that it is possible to avoid the surgery if the damage to the valve can be repaired.

The unfortunate thing is he has been healthy his whole life then a few years ago he had an irregular heart beat that was brought on due to an acute very stressful period in his life. He had to have a surgery to correct it and the doctors immediately put him on Statins, blood thinners, blood pressure tablets etc and he has never come off them.

I told him at the time that the tablets he is taking especially the statins and blood thinners are very dangerous and they would make his heart worse not better over the long run. I even told him specifically that they would cause the valves in his heart to degrade due to the depletion of CoQ10 and the interference with Vitamin K2. He agreed with me that I was probably right but he never stopped taking the tablets because he feared that if he did he would have a heart attack. A few years later and his valves have deteriorated exactly as I said they would.

The paper will go as follows.

1. A clear definition of what is Aortic Valve Stenosis is.

2. what is the cause according to mainstream medicine.

3. Analysis of the recommended treatments.

4. An analysis of all the drugs he currently takes, what they claim to do and then present evidence of what they actually do and how they are negatively contributing to his health and have likely helped cause his heart disease.

5. Alternative treatments to hopefully reverse the damage and repair his heart valves.

His current medications are:
Ramipril 10mg
Allopurinol 300mg x2
Bisoprolol 5mg
Apixaban 5mg x2
Artorvastatin 40mg

Some of the Alternative treatments that I will explore:
Aspirin
Serotonin Antagonists
Magnesium
Vitamin K2
CoQ10
Other Quinones
Pregnenalone
DHEA
Progesterone
Red Light Therapy

I'm sure I will discover more as I research, any other recommendations welcome.

The biggest problem I feel i will encounter is that the medical system is so intransigent that getting him to adopt all of these alternatives will be difficult. I will be referencing as many studies as possible throughout the paper and there is some hope with his doctor who basically admitted to him that most people should not be on statins.

Anyway will update soon and if anyone feel like they can contribute in anyway with advice please do so.

Last edited:

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Look for my posts on the Zeta Potential. Thomas M. Riddick’s book on colloidal stability has amazing reports on reversing irregular heart beats and

Application of basic concepts of Zeta Potential to Cardiovascular Disease - Chapter 22

Best if you get your hands on the book, I just finished reading it the second time but more thoroughly. It may be that the company Zeta Meter Inc. can furnish a copy.

By supplementing a special combination of electrolytes and staying on a low salt diet, he was able to control his heart races and those of others. He lived 8 more years after publishing his book but finally died of a heart attack.

Your father may try ‘Zeta Aid’ from Dr. T. C. McDaniel but under supervision of his doctor:

Dr. TC McDaniel Zeta Aid Welcome

With best wishes,

Stephan

I can imagine that vitamin D3, K2 MK4, calcium and magnesium could reverse the stenosis.

I would also imagine that often people have very high PTR levels. Dr. Peat’s work has shown me how important it is to get more calcium than phosphorus in the diet, something most people do not do.

EAGER to see your paper, and glad you are sharing it here, @Soren

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I can imagine that vitamin D3, K2 MK4, calcium and magnesium could reverse the stenosis.

I would also imagine that often people have very high PTR levels. Dr. Peat’s work has shown me how important it is to get more calcium than phosphorus in the diet, something most people do not do.

EAGER to see your paper, and glad you are sharing it here, @Soren

Thanks @ecstatichamster. Vitamin D definitely important. Needs to be supplemented carefully though as there is some evidence that too much might actually cause further calcification without sufficient vitamin K. Agree about magnesium that is vitally important. I cannot recall the specifics but i have read in a study that magnesium levels are one of the biggest if not the biggest indicator of survival rate for heart attack victims. Calcium very important too. Although I feel like that one is going to be more difficult from an adherence standpoint. However myprotein.com now make a 100% casein protein powder that has ZERO added ingredients no artificial flavors, no lecithin nothing I think one 30gram scoop has about 600mg of calcium.

Vitamin K going to be tricky as I already know that the doctors are going to protest saying that it will cause clots, so going to have to present good evidence to counter that. The plan is to supplement aspirin and vitamin k2 at low doses 2-5mg per day is hardly mega dosing.

Going to be a while till I get the paper out unfortunately, have a very busy life at the moment. Might release a short version at first and then a more fleshed out one later. Short one with the recommendations for each drug and the long one more fleshed out. Thanks for the support and the advice.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Look for my posts on the Zeta Potential. Thomas M. Riddick’s book on colloidal stability has amazing reports on reversing irregular heart beats and

Application of basic concepts of Zeta Potential to Cardiovascular Disease - Chapter 22

Best if you get your hands on the book, I just finished reading it the second time but more thoroughly. It may be that the company Zeta Meter Inc. can furnish a copy.

By supplementing a special combination of electrolytes and staying on a low salt diet, he was able to control his heart races and those of others. He lived 8 more years after publishing his book but finally died of a heart attack.

Your father may try ‘Zeta Aid’ from Dr. T. C. McDaniel but under supervision of his doctor:

Dr. TC McDaniel Zeta Aid Welcome

With best wishes,

Stephan

Thanks for the advice. I'm not familiar with his work but my first reaction is that a low salt diet is not a good idea when it comes to heart health. See the threads below;

Low Sodium Diet Increases CVD / Death Regardless Of Person's Blood Pressure

When Energy Fails: Edema, Heart Failure, Hypertension, Sarco
"A restriction of salt in the diet causes more aldosterone to be produced, and increased salt in the diet causes aldosterone to decrease. One effect of aldosterone is to increase the production of a substance called vascular endothelial growth factor, VEGF, or vascular permeability factor, which causes capillaries to become leaky, and causes new blood vessels to grow."

A low salt diet also increases aldosterone which has been linked to a whole host of issues including cardiovascular problems. See the thread below:

Cortisol And Aldosterone Cause Vascular Calcification
"Vitamin K is well-known to prevent and reverse vascular calcification but it has no effects on aldosterone and the renin-angiotensin system. A more direct dietary approach would be to simply increase salt intake as sodium lowers aldosterone by a feedback mechanism. Another intervention would be to supplement with pregnenolone, which is a potent aldosterone (MR) antagonist and quite a few people have reported on its rapid effects of reducing water retention in higher doses. Progesterone is also a MR antagonist, and DHEA/emodin are 11b-HSD1 inhibitors and as such both of them should also help with this issue."

Appreciate the advice and I will certainly give it a look but as I said I am very wary of low salt diet as the evidence as I see it is low salt diet is profoundly bad for heart health. Perhaps if you have had an extremely high level of salt in the diet reducing it to a more "normal" level would be ok but I think that is very different to what is considered a "low salt diet" in the mainstream view.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Riddick measured the electrolytes that his kidneys dumped during his heart racing episodes with PVCs (premature ventricular contractions), massive amounts of sodium and lots of calcium but the kidneys retained potassium and magnesium. As long as he stayed away from too much processed food and took his electrolyte formula, he had it under control. He also commented that he had two of these episodes in two years, both times he was out of town and attended meetings before that happened.

I have a feeling that many people who have this problem are taking "blood thinners" which should be called "artery and heart valve hardeners."

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Unfortunately it looks like surgery "cannot" be avoided and he is going to have open heart surgery on January 11th for the bicuspid valve and the bypass. Anyone have any advice to make the surgery less risky and improve recovery times?

I was thinking that a full body red light would be good post surgery to improve recovery times. Also that his magnesium levels would be important as they are a major risk factor for heart issues. However he is on so much medication at the moment and surely going to be on a bunch more before surgery I don't think I can safely recommend anything to him as I do not know how what else he will be taking and how what I recommend might interfere. Also he is unlikely to take it and I don't blame him. It is a scary situation after all.

I am still going to put together the paper with the list alternative treatments as I feel that he is more likely to take my advice on board post surgery as he does believe that the medications he has been on have helped cause or exacerbate his current issues.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Update: Surgery went well and he now has a mechanical heart valve and a mechanical aorta. Which is better than a big valve in many ways because the pig valve has to be changed every 10 years or so. There are people who have mechanical valves that have lasted for over 30 years. Even read about someone who climbed mount Everest with one. The only problem which is a very serious one is that he has to be on blood thinners forever according to his doctor and unfortunately that blood thinner is warfarin.

I have already done some research and on the NHS's own website they point out that aspirin is basically just as effective for blood thinning as warfarin although they claim that warfarin is better for preventing stroke. A statement which I find hilarious as the fact that it depletes vitamin k and COQ10 and as such actually CAUSES bleeds and there are some studies that show it increases the risk of stroke.

Anyway going to hopefully get the paper done and present it to him. Although he did tell me before the surgery that he is now anti-statins whether he will actually stop taking them remains to be seen. I also recently found out his dose and it was extremely high and he has been taking it for 4 years! So i am not surprised that his heart has been destroyed.

Aspirin is as safe and just as effective as warfarin: research
"Researchers have found that aspirin and warfarin, a drug also used as rat poison, are equally effective at preventing strokes in people with heart failure.
However aspirin was safer because fewer patients suffered bleeds, brought on by their blood being thinned too much."

Comparing Warfarin with Aspirin After Biotic Aortic Valve replacement
"Conclusions— There seem to be no advantages in performing early anticoagulation therapy compared with a low-antiplatelet regimen with regard to early cerebral ischemic events, bleeding, and survival. Currently there is no evidence to support the fact that warfarin is more effective than aspirin."

Very important to note that this study is with regards to Biological valve replacement i.e. a pig or cow valve not mechanical valves and mechanical valves are said to be more risky when it comes to blood cots post surgery.

Aspirin vs warfarin: which is better?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals