Red Light - Testosterone Effects

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hey all,

I recently purchased the LGS7 670nm from The Life Giving Store.

Last night I tried 10 seconds at about 30-40cm away.
Did not wake up with wood this morning (I usually wake up with wood daily).

Again tonight I decided to do just a single 3 seconds, at about 45cm away.
Noticed literally nothing, if anything minor suppressive effects.

Can anyone suggest a better device/globe that they have had positive experiences with, for the purposes of Testosterone enhancement ?

Thanks all

MrBenjamin

Pretty sure most research of medical effects of red light indicate effects after 5-30 minutes of exposure. I don't recall any research showing notable effects after a few seconds.
See this research on laser therapy, on rat testosterone for 30 minutes; http://www.alliedacademies.org/arti...elevatingserum-testosterone-level-in-rats.pdf
Here is a study on near-infrared light and ATP, with an exposure time of 20 minutes; Near-infrared light increases ATP, extends lifespan and improves mobility in aged Drosophila melanogaster

I don't suspect 10 seconds of light exposure to have much of an effect at all. Do you know of any studies that would suggest 10 seconds of light exposure has any notable effect?

Momado965

I experienced supressive effects when I used it on my testes. I used t3 to recover.

David PS

I listened to a new podcast that has some updated information on the effect of red light on health including testosterone levels. You can forward to the 27 minute mark if increasing testosterone is your only health interest.

Hermes

Here's what Ben Greenfield has to say about it: Why You Need Red Light: The Benefits, What To Watch Out For & More!

Is light therapy safe? Are there side effects? Can you do too much?

First, with an FDA-cleared device, it’s safe and comes with little to no side effects. And I’m not the only one that thinks this. A major 2013 study by Harvard and MIT researchers praised light therapy for its “noninvasive nature and almost complete absence of side effects.”

Regarding overuse, you can overdo just about anything that’s good for you, but it’s hard to get too much light therapy. I stick to 20-minute treatment sessions because the body of scientific literature says that particular energy dose is optimal and safe. But even if you did more, it’s hard to imagine a lot of negative effects. At a reasonable latitude, basking naked in the sun in all your glory, you’ll receive about 1 million joules of full spectrum light in about 1 hour. That’s a lot! By comparison, at a distance of about 6”, I get about 200,000 joules of red and NIR light standing in front of my Joovv for 10 minutes.

Inaut

I was using strictly red light previously and found that my erections suffered greatly when exposing the testes. Since I’ve switched to a infrared/red led light I have no problems. I try not to over expose areas and do it about 3 times a day across my whole body (using a hand light).

Red/infrared over the thyroid seems to be quite effective although I haven’t done any thyroid labs. I’m pretty sure my T has increased as I’ve received compliments from a couple people at my gym noticing how much more “thick” I’ve become. Not strictly due to red light of course but I wouldn’t give it up