Best Affordable Blender For Smoothies

Inaut

Hey guys,

After @Amazoniac inspired me with his pineapfel sorbet recipe, I am now thinking about buying a blender for frozen fruit smoothies. Would make my life a lot easier during the day as I can get my potassium and vitamins from tasty frozen beverages.... Any suggestions for an affordable blender (small ideally). I was thinking about buying a Nutri Ninja as they are pretty cheap and look ideal for my requirements. Thoughts? Comments?

Much appreciate....as always :)

Amazoniac

upload_2018-11-13_19-38-4.png
Blender-Spare-Parts-for-Oster-Blender-Oster-Coupling.jpg
<< A blender blade

The motor shaft in some food processors connects with the blades on the very top, not on the bottom (like blenders); their bowls alone contain the food, the blade is inserted but is not part of what contains. This difference makes them much safer products because blenders have to deal with the fact that the content is always tending to leak through gaps between components, including parts that shouldn't be touching food. They have to be quite creative to find ways to get around this.

I have witnessed cases in which the liquid passed through the interior of the blade assembly and appeared on the drive coupling mixed with mineral oil, and the sealer ring was working fine.

Amazoniac

The motor has to be on top, or there has to be something that transfers, allowing you to connect on top (as in food processors).
But below seems to be a good option as long as there's no need to keep pressing while it operates.

comfort_2270_78036010

Bowls with narrower bottoms are way more common because the injection molding process for them is simpler, it's easier to extract them after injection.

images

Check out the mold.

Here are two examples:
Green: typical bowl / Red: straight bowl
images

The inclination helps to extract the plastic piece (when it cools down, it also contracts).

This is at the expense of a worse product. As you know, when the blades spin, they push the food to the sides, and if the bowl is inclined, the food start to climb up the walls and processing isn't a smooth task (nice). Therefore I'm inclined to think that straight bowls are preferable, especially if you're going to process thick foods.

Last edited:
OP
Inaut

Inaut

Excellent advice @Amazoniac After reading your post yesterday evening I ordered the exact same food processor/blender :)

jaywills

I personally use a NutriBullet.

Its great for Frozen Fruit as its really quite powerful. I've actually a broken a few others which is why I decided to get on a NutriBullet.

My favorite recipe is: Frozen Mango, Frozen Peaches, Cherries and a drop of OJ - give it a go!

Muckl3

I personally wouldn’t touch a nutribullet, you can find allot of videos and articals regarding lawsuits as they have cleaved gashs in hands, burnt faces......

Ninja is awesome, really great and if I was rolling in money it would be a vitamix.

ddjd

BUMP......i still need recommendations....esp from anyone in europe

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals