Be Wary Of Vitamin D Supplementation

Tarmander

Tarmander, irresponsible in what? He's not telling anyone what to do, he's offering possibilities. If anything, inaccurate; or at most, deceiving.
So you just cross your arms and wait to be fed something you approve?
And if you're waiting for a proof, let me ask you something: <dramatic exhaling pause with eyes closed to give you the idea of a hassle, meanwhile placing the glasses on the tip of the nose, preparing to look at you over them in a judicial way> what if the first person that proved that something is possible was a instead a waiting Tarmander?

Oh I may just be that person. I am in the process of finding a doctor who would be willing to give me the blood tests. I think this protocol is one of the most promising that I have ever read about.

The reason it is irresponsible is because I don't think he knows much about type 1 or the honeymoon phase, and he is jumping to conclusions. He is taking results from MS and other autoimmune diseases and applying those results to type 1 which does not have any track record like Coimbra has with MS. He is basically that weird aunt who suggests magnesium for EVERYTHING because everyone is deficient and it worked for her hemorrhoids.

When it comes down to the actual details, things get murkier. People fail on this protocol, or they can't get the dosage right. Not to mention there are real risks with high amounts of vitamin D. You realize we are talking about potentially lethal dosages here right? Is it really so wrong for me to cross my arms and say "show me" when people have seriously hurt themselves with high dosages? Go read some of the posts on phoenix rising.

He is getting out over his skis, which you call possibilities, and I call bullcrap. So he can criticize my skepticism all he wants, but until me, or someone like me, decides to validate or invalidate his claims by putting our **** on the line, it will continue to be crap...I mean possibilities.

tankasnowgod

Funny that the idea of this thread was originally to reduce Vitamin D supplementation. After reading through it, I am upping mine to 20,000 IU a day. Note, I'm not too worried about vascular calcification, as I also take Magnesium, K2, and eat liver once a week.

But all this reminded me of my best paleo days, and it was during that time I was supplementing a lot of vitamin d.

Amazoniac

Just a note...everyone either just glossed over it or didn't read the post...On first page of this thread Amazonguy says... "Same thing for Zeus, he has diminished the dose of his supplement recently to 1000 IU." ???....this is not true.
Was it always 1000 IU? My bad then, but I was actually getting paid to say that: Peter industry. I might have confused with the Estroban dose. Either way, I think he's on the right track providing lower doses per drop.
Oh I may just be that person. I am in the process of finding a doctor who would be willing to give me the blood tests. I think this protocol is one of the most promising that I have ever read about.

The reason it is irresponsible is because I don't think he knows much about type 1 or the honeymoon phase, and he is jumping to conclusions. He is taking results from MS and other autoimmune diseases and applying those results to type 1 which does not have any track record like Coimbra has with MS. He is basically that weird aunt who suggests magnesium for EVERYTHING because everyone is deficient and it worked for her hemorrhoids.

When it comes down to the actual details, things get murkier. People fail on this protocol, or they can't get the dosage right. Not to mention there are real risks with high amounts of vitamin D. You realize we are talking about potentially lethal dosages here right? Is it really so wrong for me to cross my arms and say "show me" when people have seriously hurt themselves with high dosages? Go read some of the posts on phoenix rising.

He is getting out over his skis, which you call possibilities, and I call bullcrap. So he can criticize my skepticism all he wants, but until me, or someone like me, decides to validate or invalidate his claims by putting our **** on the line, it will continue to be crap...I mean possibilities.
I agree with you on safety, right from the beginning I've been posting that even 4000 IU can be high.

Do you think Coimbra knows much about Microsoft? Not at all. He's just sticking to something that seems to work and relieve people.
In his protocol for diabetes the guy gives 750 mg of chromium, 9 mg of folate, up to a gram of fish oil.
He might be the irresponsible one, because patients are transfering to him the responsibility and letting him guide them in whichever way he chooses.

But burtlan in this story is just saying: if I had your issue, this is what I would do because it has helped my hemorrhoids, it has things in common to what you're trying to solve. No one calls the aunts irresponsible even when they're telling others what they should do, people think of them as inconvenient and just ignore for disagreeing.

Last edited:

Tarmander

Was it always 1000 IU? My bad then, but I was actually getting paid to say that: Peter industry. I might have confused with the Estroban dose. Either way, I think he's on the right track providing lower doses per drop.

I agree with you on safety, right from the beginning I've been posting that even 4000 IU can be high.

Do you think Coimbra knows much about Microsoft? Not at all. He's just sticking to something that seems to work and relieve people.
In his protocol for diabetes the guy gives 750 mg of chromium, 9 mg of folate, up to a gram of fish oil.
He might be the irresponsible one, because patients are transfering to him the responsibility and letting him guide them in whichever way he chooses.

But burtlan in this story is just saying: if I had hemorrhoids this is what I would do because it has helped other conditions that have something in common. No one calls the aunts irresponsible even when they're telling others what they should do, people think of them as inconvenient and just ignore for disagreeing.

I mean if Grandma tells me that Magnesium cures type 1, err I mean permanent remission, because it cured her hemorrhoids, I am going to tell her no it doesn't, or if it does, could she please show me an example where someone took the entire bottle of Calm and was cured, I mean permanent remission. I suppose she could be crazy instead of irresponsible. Interesting nit you decided to pick there but I will concede the point.

burtlancast

Right.
Show us one person who seriously hurt himself with high dosages while being followed by a Coimbra trained doctor.

The reason Dr Cecil Coimbra still has a medical licence after prescribing 40.000 to 250.000 Vit D /day for 15 years is he knows what he's doing.

Don't tell us there's a guy on the internet group claiming this about that.

I can produce tens of anonymous posts of people getting killed left and right by coffee enemas as prescribed by physicians: none of it is true.

Last edited:
Funny that the idea of this thread was originally to reduce Vitamin D supplementation. After reading through it, I am upping mine to 20,000 IU a day. Note, I'm not too worried about vascular calcification, as I also take Magnesium, K2, and eat liver once a week.

But all this reminded me of my best paleo days, and it was during that time I was supplementing a lot of vitamin d.

wouldnt that be too high? Unless you're dark skinned and living in Canada of course. I'm quite tan by Canadian's standards who always think I'm Brazilian and don't go over 40k IU per week, with 1mg of MK7 per week so basically 4 pills of 10k D3 + 250mcg K2 on Saturdays. Last winter I came out of it with a pretty nice 50 ng/ml in March IIRC

Amazoniac

I mean if Grandma tells me that Magnesium cures type 1, err I mean permanent remission, because it cured her hemorrhoids, I am going to tell her no it doesn't, or if it does, could she please show me an example where someone took the entire bottle of Calm and was cured, I mean permanent remission. I suppose she could be crazy instead of irresponsible. Interesting nit you decided to pick there but I will concede the point.
burtlan on a rocking chair wearing a beret: magnesium has helped various similar conditions to my hemorrhoids when people downed a bottle of magnesium under supervision, this is what I would do in your position without a doubt.

No irresponsibility in showing possibilities, especially given that most people claim that there is not a lot to do. But you insist to distort it in a negative way. How do you think calling him crazy or irresponsible affects his bingo performance?

--
Regarding (Cícero) Coimbra, I think he has some merits for having the courage to pursue alternative therapies being trained as an allopathic doctor.

I don't know what price patients are paying for their improvement (other than the €$280 for a consultation based on the last time I checked : ss). But we can't deny that people who are treated by such protocol have visible improvements, they're are also admitted lethargic but tend to finish the monitoring phase vibrant and alert. Maybe it's just the psychological burden that improves with the condition.

But their alertness is rather surpising given that people with depressed metabolisms can't metabolize calcium properly, so calcification is a real concern and gurus not leaving dull is impressive. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why they aren't suppressing 'prime tanning hours' with much less vitamin D and more calcium.

This Youtube channel (already shared elsewhere) is run by a doctor that apparently follows Coimbra's guidelines and constantly uploads testimonies (usually including before et after, some have subtitles):
Vitamina D Medicina e Saude
I don't know if he does the cherry pickling for which testimonies to upload, however I doubt he would include (massive) failures.

With some befores and afters, you can't help to think how much they resemble improvements from accutane treatments.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

wouldnt that be too high? Unless you're dark skinned and living in Canada of course. I'm quite tan by Canadian's standards who always think I'm Brazilian and don't go over 40k IU per week, with 1mg of MK7 per week so basically 4 pills of 10k D3 + 250mcg K2 on Saturdays. Last winter I came out of it with a pretty nice 50 ng/ml in March IIRC

Personally, I don't think so. In my paleo days, when I got the best results, I was taking between 10,000-15,000 IU a day, and occasionally doing the "cold prevention megadose" of 50,000IU for three days. This is more an experiment I'm trying.

As far as "overdoses" go, I have only ever heard two mentioned, both by Dr. Holick in his book. One was due to someone taking millions of IU instead of thousands (this was due to a manufacturing error), and he recovered from it, and I believe continued with Holick's recommendation. I don't remember the details of the other case.

Texon

I asked them all for a shill fee, with no success.

Now, seriously, according to your graph, supplementing with 2000 IU or 8000 IU hardly raises the levels above the 100 bar. And 6000 UI actually raises more your blood levels than 8000 UI, lol.

In Hollick's book, a whole lot of good happens to those around this 100 value.
He states toxicity begins only at 150.

The auto-immune people use 40000 to 250000 IU /day, with just a restriction on lactate products and an obligation to drink 2 liters/day of water.

Out of 4500 treated patients, only 2 encountered toxicity, and that's because they were laxist in their diet. Both totally recovered after going back to the strict protocol.

Makes you wonder how really toxic is Vitamin D.

I reckon deficiency is way more toxic.
@Amazoniac hi Burtlancast ..I recall that the Marshall Protocol (which I don't advocate btw) had people with autoimmune issues block their vdr receptors with Benicar due to ostensibly already suppressed immune systems!! The claim was that we are all suppressed due to things like milk with added vitamin d. I don't think this would ever be advisable imo. The other element was low pulsed doses of minocycline to outwit the biofilm bacteria. I think only the antibiotic part is recommended now. So what do guys think..is vitamin d a suppressor, enhancer or neither?

Amazoniac

I commented with Blossom how difficult it can be to discern how great is the contribution of other aspects of his protocol. There are people who have chronic inflammation to dairy proteins and the protocol requires their exclusion, sometimes they exclude meats as well. They add B-vitamins, magnesium, zinc and selenium; all tend to be depleted with stress. These modifications alone can have a marked impact and fix various conditions. Praising only vit D seems unfair.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think so. In my paleo days, when I got the best results, I was taking between 10,000-15,000 IU a day, and occasionally doing the "cold prevention megadose" of 50,000IU for three days. This is more an experiment I'm trying.

As far as "overdoses" go, I have only ever heard two mentioned, both by Dr. Holick in his book. One was due to someone taking millions of IU instead of thousands (this was due to a manufacturing error), and he recovered from it, and I believe continued with Holick's recommendation. I don't remember the details of the other case.

You ever got bloods checked? I found my bloodwork by the way... whooping 59 ng/mL after a full Canadian winter. Granted I was tanning every other week + injecting melanotan, so people were always asking whether I’m Brazilian as per above, or back from a ski holiday. I don’t remember using more than 10kIU per week last winter. If anything, since I hadn’t found the D3*K2 formula I got now, I was trying to avoid vitamin D pills thinking they were detrimental without the other fat solubles in balance

tankasnowgod

By the way, there is a book on Amazon by Jeff Bowles
You ever got bloods checked? I found my bloodwork by the way... whooping 59 ng/mL after a full Canadian winter. Granted I was tanning every other week + injecting melanotan, so people were always asking whether I’m Brazilian as per above, or back from a ski holiday. I don’t remember using more than 10kIU per week last winter. If anything, since I hadn’t found the D3*K2 formula I got now, I was trying to avoid vitamin D pills thinking they were detrimental without the other fat solubles in balance

Oh yeah, I am absolutely planning on getting a blood test. But, I've been in that range before. I felt great when my D levels were around 100 ng/ml.

Tanning beds might be even better than regular supplementation-

Tanning is associated with optimal vitamin D status (serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration) and higher bone mineral density | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic

dreamcatcher

That's no small thing: AI diseases like MS had up to now no cure and medicine was totally powerless against it's ravages.

Now almost overnight one can have MS and lead a perfectly normal life thanks to high dose Vit D. Look for Dr Cicero Coimbra.

And many of these patients mention they also stopped getting yearly colds.

There's a silent revolution in medicine right now and nobody talks about it.

Type 1 diabetes, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn, etc you name it have found a cure.
Thank you very much for your comment.

Arrade

By the way, there is a book on Amazon by Jeff Bowles

Oh yeah, I am absolutely planning on getting a blood test. But, I've been in that range before. I felt great when my D levels were around 100 ng/ml.

Tanning beds might be even better than regular supplementation-

Tanning is associated with optimal vitamin D status (serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration) and higher bone mineral density | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic
uvb tanning beds, which are often the cheapest (they tan the slowest but offer the health benefits)

burtlancast

uvb tanning beds, which are often the cheapest (they tan the slowest but offer the health benefits)

But they emit too a lot of UVA which causes skin cancers.

I reckon an UVB reptile lamp should work the best.

Arrade

But they emit too a lot of UVA which causes skin cancers.

I reckon an UVB reptile lamp should work the best.
How much UVA do they emit?
I've been under the assumption it was pure UVB, and it's hard to find info online

tankasnowgod

I've been under the assumption it was pure UVB, and it's hard to find info online

It really depends on the bed. Some tanning beds labeled "high pressure" don't have any UVB, only UVA. UVA is supposed to give a better than than UVB does. UVB also is mainly what causes burns.

Arrade

It really depends on the bed. Some tanning beds labeled "high pressure" don't have any UVB, only UVA. UVA is supposed to give a better than than UVB does. UVB also is mainly what causes burns.
The deceptive nature of UVA-tanning versus the modest protective effects of UVB-tanning on human skin

I choose the slowest tanning bad at sun tan city, called the 'fast bed' so it has the most UVB
UVB is the one that provides Vitamin D and most protective for skin health
The deceptive nature of UVA-tanning versus the modest protective effects of UVB-tanning on human skin

Of course, it's a much slower tan
Understanding the Tanning Process - "Our “Fast Sunbeds” contain a high amount of UVB, or the reddening ray." So I guess it does have some UVA

Last edited:

burtlancast

Per Hollick:

"At one time, indoor-tanning facilities used equipment that emitted high-intensity UVB radiation.
When UVB radiation was linked to basal-cell and squamous cell skin cancer, the industry switched to UVA-only “high-pressure” lamps, which were considered safe because they didn’t cause burning. Then it was discovered that UVA radiation may contribute to melanoma and wrinkles, as well as increase the risk of nonmelanoma skin cancer. Therefore, the trend in recent times has been toward low-pressure and medium-pressure lamps that emit a balance of UVA and UVB radiation (94 percent to 97.5 percent UVA and 2.5 percent to 6 percent UVB) that replicates natural sunshine."