A Gallon Of Orange Juice? (Ray Peat's Daily Sugar Intake)

Reading this forum has been super interesting. I can relate to some of the symptoms associated with starch consumption.

I am going to try this way of eating for a while:
- the animal sources Ray recommends, salted to taste
- leafy greens on the side (the non-goitrogen ones) for added vitamins and minerals
- snack on fruits all day, orange juice being high potassium, that's perfect. Apples are nice too.
- extra baking soda during my workouts

that's a whopping 1g of starch! Quite exciting.

Kemby

I'm on more than 500gm carbs a day. 150-200gm of that from white granulated, the rest fruit and milk I eat potatoes too.

jitsmonkey

as far as Ray and OJ you also have to remember he lives/has lived in a climate not friendly to Oranges.
I've lived in Oregon in winter and its hit or miss whether the OJ available be it packaged or fresh is even drinkable
so that may play into why different people recall hearing different numbers. When I was in Oregon there were times I was
consuming 2-3 quarts a day and then there were times where I be drinking none simply because the quality was so poor.

tallglass13

A lot of bodybuilders are eating about 300 G of carbohydrate in form of sweet potato and rice, along with about 240 g of protein and under a hundred gram of fat. So I don't think carbohydrate is a problem when it comes to Fat gain. However milk maybe a contributor just from the growth stimulants. I'm trying super hard to keep a high calcium II phosphate ratio by drinking a lot of raw skimmed milk. It has no fat, and no vitamin A, but I still feel large bellied. I feel healthy but I feel fat. I know when I drop dairy and cheese I'm able to feel more stealth. It's just that I'm trying to follow what ray peat says and he is so strong about keeping high calcium. But, the only way to do that is with high Dairy consumption, or lots of green vegetables, but that has lots of anti-nutrients and extra cellulose.

GreekDemiGod

A lot of bodybuilders are eating about 300 G of carbohydrate in form of sweet potato and rice, along with about 240 g of protein and under a hundred gram of fat. So I don't think carbohydrate is a problem when it comes to Fat gain
Fat gain is not a problem for bodybuilders because of carefully tracking calories and bodyfat level. Also, holding on to muscle mass gives you a lot of leverage in this respect.

baccheion

A lot of bodybuilders are eating about 300 G of carbohydrate in form of sweet potato and rice, along with about 240 g of protein and under a hundred gram of fat. So I don't think carbohydrate is a problem when it comes to Fat gain. However milk maybe a contributor just from the growth stimulants. I'm trying super hard to keep a high calcium II phosphate ratio by drinking a lot of raw skimmed milk. It has no fat, and no vitamin A, but I still feel large bellied. I feel healthy but I feel fat. I know when I drop dairy and cheese I'm able to feel more stealth. It's just that I'm trying to follow what ray peat says and he is so strong about keeping high calcium. But, the only way to do that is with high Dairy consumption, or lots of green vegetables, but that has lots of anti-nutrients and extra cellulose.
Or egg shells? Or higher serum 25(OH)D to increase calcium absorption? Or collards, as the calcium:phosphorus ratio is high and bioavailability is 2x what's expected? Or oranges instead of orange juice, as they have a 3:1 Ca:P ratio? Etc..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals