Ideas For Something To Put On Crackers?

OP
Light

Light

@Runenight201 I forgot to say about how they taste - it's nothing magnificent, really just an okay cracker ,nothing less nothing more,
and you'll need to floss after eating them, those little bran buggers really get stuck in there... :)

Runenight201

Well I can vouch for Bread + avocado + tomato + spinach + milk being an absolutely incredibly delicious lunch. I had some cheese for breakfast, or else I could imagine putting a slice of cheese on that too if I wanted a little extra protein and fat =P

Following with a bit of coffee and my brain feels good =)

OP
Light

Light

I'll have to turn my awareness towards what foods make them brown vs when they are green
No food should make your poop green, I think that there's an underlying problem.

Your sandwich does sound good though :)

Runenight201

No food should make your poop green, I think that there's an underlying problem.

Your sandwich does sound good though :)

Yes but there are times when it is brown and times when it is green. Thus, certain foods must be providing a set of vitamins/minerals and macronutrient composition to aid in digestion, resulting in brown stools as opposed to green. There for sure is an underlying problem as I sometimes deal with bloat and inflammation that largely stems from improper digestion, but this has been improving much as of lately, mainly by focusing on foods that I seem to thoroughly enjoy and look forward to eating, which I'm sure has some physiological-psychological connection. Also, decreasing my reliance on milk as a main source of calories definitely helps. I've been supplementing zinc as of yesterday and I think that helps, and I just started taurine today, which is supposed to help with bile acid. I also have niacinamide loaded in my arsenal, but I'm not sure to what extent I'll incorporate it.

In general though, I don't really like chasing the whole supplement brigade. I'm not completely opposed to using them, but the more I learn about my body, the more confidence I have in eating intuitively to heal myself. I have been feeling much better as of late and don't feel like I'm in a position where my digestion or stool is indicating something that is failing critically and needs to be addressed immediately.

Glassy

That's a great idea! It didn't occur to me that the ingredients of mayo are all pro metabolic.
I used to make aioli with olive oil and roasted garlic - yummy, and now it can get back on the menu :)
Thanks!

That's good news, may I ask if you had chronic constipation that was helped by Cascara, or was it caused from changing the diet?
(because i've had chronic constipation since childhood, i'm trying to figure out if emodin can bring on a deeper healing for the gut)

Yeah I started making home made mayonnaise because it was so cheap an easy to make great tasting mayonnaise without shitty oils (used light olive oil originally long before I stumbled upon Peat - now I’m not so certain about the olive oil concentration of olive oil). Both MCT and liquid Coconut oil (less refined MCT) work well for flavour and consistency (I didn’t like Coconut oil). I buy Ry

I’ve not had chronic constipation but occasionally feel backed up. I like to keep the brown moving through with at least 1 decent BM per day. When things start slowing down I have a carrot salad during the day or a swig of cascara “tea” at night. I can now take quite a bit more cascara without the same effect as when I first took it. I’m not sure why I’m less sensitive but it still seems to speed things up a bit and I like to think I’m absorbing the emodin, etc. I don’t get the same sensitivity back if I stop for a couple of weeks, which I find interesting.

OP
Light

Light

I’m not sure why I’m less sensitive but it still seems to speed things up a bit and I like to think I’m absorbing the emodin, etc. I don’t get the same sensitivity back if I stop for a couple of weeks, which I find interesting
That is interesting, especially if the sensitivity doesn't get worse either, if it kinda reaches an optimal level and stays there.
Regarding the absorption of the emodin, haidut claims that it is well absorbed through the sking but not so much through the colon - which is the reason it's a laxative. But I guess if you feel something when you take it something is absorbed.

OP
Light

Light

Another thing about Avocados, from Vegetables, etc.—Who Defines Food? :
Ann Nutr Metab 1991;35(5):253-60. Effect of dietary avocado oils on hepatic collagen metabolism. Wermam MJ, Mokady S, Neeman I Department of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa. The effect of various avocado and soybean oils on collagen metabolism in the liver was studied in growing female rats for 8 weeks and in day-old chicks for 1 week. In comparison with rats fed either refined avocado oil, refined or unrefined soybean oils, rats fed unrefined avocado oil showed a significant decrease in total collagen solubility in the liver, while there were no changes in total collagen, protein and moisture content. Chicks fed unrefined avocado oil as compared to those fed refined avocado oil also showed a decrease in hepatic total soluble collagen while hepatic total collagen remained unaffected. Electron micrographs and light-microscope examinations of rats' liver revealed collagen accumulation in the periportal location. This is suggestive of the early stages of fibrosis.

ddjd

does cooking wheat bran make its nutritional content reduce? how heat stable are the b vitamins?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals