I Am Looking For Help In Fixing Weak Digestion

I have to say that this thread and a few others inspired me to focus on

- more sugar less starch
- however starch from tubers are very fine since they are quite loaded with potassium and magnesium
- dairy (best source of calcium, won’t be beat, choose the best quality tho) and lean protein, seafood or game
- iodized salt to go with all that potassium

The effect on my body temperature is instant. There’s little doubt that all sources of empty calories (added fats, oils, powdered sugar, grains) make the engine roll without any real fuel. No wonders the system had to shut down partially (sacrifice thyroid, hair, whatever). You want to go ahead at full steam you need the high calorie AND dense sources of vitamins and minerals = whole fruits and tubers IMO.

yerrag

Orange juice does not cause me to shake, the only thing I get from it is that it cools me down more than grapes, and way more than rice or other starch.

Any fruit drops my temperature more than starch, I think it has to do with the liquid content of the food, since dried fruit does not seem to have this cooling effect.

I don’t feel worse when I am colder from these liquids energy-wise, just feel colder.

Fats and protein seem to have quite a similar result, both brainfog and fatigue and a general feeling of malaise. I hope to receive the betaine hcl and amino acids this week, it will be interesting to see if I respond to the essential amino acid blend in a similar manner as to protein foods. Also I am curious if the betaine hcl will reduce the symptoms after meals, I think I am just digesting the food very bad and causing a massive endotoxin load on my system?
There are many ways to skin a cat, as they say. Hope you'll fix your case in good time.

OP
JustAGuy

JustAGuy

Interesting discovery regarding rice, the more I cook it the less white tongue & more warmth/well-being I get from it. Earlier I had rice cooked for 30 minutes only which didn’t land too well. Just now again I had rice cooked for over 1 hour till it nearly completely falls apart into a soup/liquid like substance. It skyrockets my temperature (37.3 degrees celsius after the meal) and have much less neck pain after the meal than the 30 minutes cooked rice.

yerrag

Interesting link, thank you!

Though the article keeps mentioning about people being thirsty, but I am literally never thirsty and drinking water a lot like suggested will just drop my temps and make me urinate all the time, so I am not sure if I should do it.
I suggest you read slowly and not browse through it quickly so you understand what it is saying.

Johnathan5544

Home made fermented vegetables, kefir, kombucha, raw organ meats, shellfish, raw milk, cream, butter, home made bread, raw honey.

OP
JustAGuy

JustAGuy

I suggest you read slowly and not browse through it quickly so you understand what it is saying.
I have, but did not see the line seperating the old and new theory. I wonder which one I should attempt? I could run a cycle of 5 days over the weekend. My only concern would be liquid intake from foods (rice/fruit) skewing results, so I would need to estimate it, but I think it would not matter too much. Like if I eat one meal which contains a ton of fruit, it’s possibly much more liquid than what the writer thinks about when he says add 200-300ml water to meals.

I usually tried to avoid water with meals (because everyone says it “dilutes l” stomach acid. Will be interesting to see what happens to my tongue with this experiment.

Edit: Just gonna start the new 5 day cycle protocol tomorrow and try mimic average meal liquid content. 3 meals, all meals rice + fruit + required water.

Last edited:

A very good read on sugar, minerals, hydration and disease.

Although I’d still favor real juicy fruit every hour, instead of water and table sugar but, same concept. It’s made so many co-future-doctors freak out my whole student life. Just eat (organic) fruits rich in water, Apple, grapes...

OP
JustAGuy

JustAGuy

Just a quick update.

Drinking water with meals helped my energy levels for sure. Though it does lower my temperature, having lots of salt with it helps to counteract this partially.

Amino acids blend seems to digest well, will continue to use until I am able to digest protein foods.

Betaine Hcl seems very necessary, up to 3 pills for a non-protein meal now. Still no burning, just improved digestion. Also white tongue went down by like 30-40% since adding in the betaine hcl. Will keep adding dose every day.

Very constipated though, added a pill of cascara sagrada yesterday to try to alleviate this. In addition I am going back to whole grains & high fiber foods since I am craving this lately and I personally only noticed benefits from it myself in the past.

Temp floats between 36.2 and 37.0 celsius depending on water/food/salt intake. Hr is low as always, 31 last night. 33 right now.

Runenight201

On top of everyone’s suggestions, I’d just like to recommend that make sure you prepare your food so that it’s very appealing and appetizing. Be like Pavlov’s dog as you set your food down in front of you to eat. Be so ready to destroy the meal that you forget to say grace and count your blessings.

If I were to just eat plain potatoes with salt, I’d have a terrible reaction to it, whereas literally just adding ketchup or salsa and I happily scarf it done and feel very good afterwards.

Just my 2 cents.

baccheion

I'd say look into a nutrient test like NutrEval (correct any nutrient deficiencies). And maybe a comprehensive hormone and thyroid panel. If not enough, add genetic testing.

OP
JustAGuy

JustAGuy

Update:

Currently up to 7 (!) betaine hcl caps with a non protein meal, no side effects yet, only improvements.

- white tongue reduced by 80%!!
- food lays more comfortable on the stomach
- feel calmer
- no runny nose after eating anymore
- nails changing and growing faster

I wonder what causes such an extremely low stomach acid production, I imagine I will need 12-14 pills with a protein meal for sure :(

Dave Clark

Update:

Currently up to 7 (!) betaine hcl caps with a non protein meal, no side effects yet, only improvements.

- white tongue reduced by 80%!!
- food lays more comfortable on the stomach
- feel calmer
- no runny nose after eating anymore
- nails changing and growing faster

I wonder what causes such an extremely low stomach acid production, I imagine I will need 12-14 pills with a protein meal for sure :(
I didn't research this any further (just read it yesterday), but I read a paper that said estrogen levels when high will reduce stomach acid, cause low stomach acid, and progesterone when high will relax the LES causing it to lose tone and not tighten. This is one of the reasons pregnant women, as well as non-menopausal women who cycle will have reflux during certain times when these hormones are high.

OP
JustAGuy

JustAGuy

I didn't research this any further (just read it yesterday), but I read a paper that said estrogen levels when high will reduce stomach acid, cause low stomach acid, and progesterone when high will relax the LES causing it to lose tone and not tighten. This is one of the reasons pregnant women, as well as non-menopausal women who cycle will have reflux during certain times when these hormones are high.
I never have reflux though, food just feels like it sits for ages in my stomach. Especially protein/fat meals. I try to eat more smaller meals spread over the day.