TAURINE The Key To Restoring Metabolic Function?

Mossy

Just for the record 8.4fl/250ml can of Red Bull contains 1g of taurine.
I am aware of that, and have used that to convince myself to take larger doses, but I end up feeling hung over. I do think it’s a possibility that the small doses that I take contribute to the clarity/excitability effect that I get. As well, I think a larger dose may contribute to more dryness/constipation, and just be harder overall on the body.

Did you notice significant change in your weight when taking taurine regularly?
No, no significant weight change, but my doses are so small, and I don’t take it every day. I am considering larger daily doses—if I do and anything new arises, I’ll report back.

Lejeboca

No, no significant weight change, but my doses are so small, and I don’t take it every day. I am considering larger daily doses—if I do and anything new arises, I’ll report back.

Thank you @Mossy. Looking forward to your feedback on larger doses !

Antonello

i dont mean to be rude, but how is it possible that taurine increases my penis size ( especially thickness) for several hours after i take it ?
Increase my vascularity too at only 1g a day.
How much are you taking bro?

Mauritio

Increase my vascularity too at only 1g a day.
How much are you taking bro?
Im only taking it sporadically ,since I read somewhere on the forum that some of its benefits get lost if you take it everyday.
But I also take around a gram and find that I get benefits from even less sometimes...

Mossy

I am now having Taurine in the mornings, but I can't figure out why it can ruin sleep so much?!
What's going on here?
I’m curious to know how it ruins your sleep. Taurine helps me get to sleep, but as I mention above, very small doses can sometimes have a temporary excitatory effect, before inducing calm and sleep.

Last edited:

Mauritio

I also experience better falling asleep with taurine.

Does it increase glycogen stores reliably for you guys ?

Frankdee20

I changed my opinion on Taurine from my earlier posts on this thread. I basically kept at it, I average about 1 gram a day, in one dose. I take it with food because it will drop your sugar level, and it also increases bile, so that helps with protein foods. Sometimes I take 2 grams, but I am not sure if it causes insomnia at this point. I take it in the morning with breakfast, lots of sugar, and coffee. It does have cognitive benefits, makes me more chill overall. Again, I am not sure if it messes up my sleep. Obviously, if taken at night without food, that is not helpful.

Mossy

I also experience better falling asleep with taurine.

Does it increase glycogen stores reliably for you guys ?
It seems to for me, but I couldn’t say for certain that that is what it’s doing. It allows me to sleep better, which I assume means better glycogen stores.

Mauritio

It seems to for me, but I couldn’t say for certain that that is what it’s doing. It allows me to sleep better, which I assume means better glycogen stores.
Other things that would point to better glycogen stores would be : less stress response to cortisol/blood sugar lowering supplements and needing to eat less frequently ...

Mossy

Other things that would point to better glycogen stores would be : less stress response to cortisol/blood sugar lowering supplements and needing to eat less frequently ...
I would say that this is what it does for me. No early morning wake-up due to hunger. Funny enough, though, @Frankdee20 points out that taurine lowers blood sugar—so, it seems it over comes what it causes. If this is possible.

Mauritio

I would say that this is what it does for me. No early morning wake-up due to hunger. Funny enough, though, @Frankdee20 points out that taurine lowers blood sugar—so, it seems it over comes what it causes. If this is possible.
I think this is to be expected . Where should the sugar come from before it gets stored in the liver?
I guess it comes from the bloodstream.

Owen B

I just started taking it and find about a mg. spread over the day is very relaxing. It gets adrenaline down.

Mauritio

I just started taking it and find about a mg. spread over the day is very relaxing. It gets adrenaline down.
You mean a gram ?

milk_lover

I enjoy taurine so much. It helps with insulin sensitivity. It lowers homocysteine I think. Niacinamide, I believe, probably does the opposite. Many people reported insulin resistance from niacinamide. A friend of mine told me he got dark spots/rings around his neck from niacinamide. I asked him if he's sure he's taking niacinamide, not niacin, and he said he is sure. I had also problems with niacinamide myself. It makes my eyes dry, and it gives me itch on the skin and on the scalp, this is all on top of some weight gain. My mind is not as sharp when I am on it. Taurine makes my brain work effortlessly at work. I believe taurine does something to the mind. It fires up the connections between neurons or something. It also makes me social. The only problem I have with taurine is some digestion issues when I take it away from food. With food, it's one of the best supplements I've taken.

Mauritio

How much do you take everyday?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I’m curious to know how it ruins your sleep. Taurine helps me get to sleep, but as I mention above, very small doses can sometimes have a temporary excitatory effect, before inducing calm and sleep.
I think it may be because it crashed my sugar, and also because I am already borderline HYPER-Thyroid, I feel like it sent me overboard... Not a nice feeling at all.
Thankfully I have Lemon Balm and Fenugreek on standby which can lower thyroid function and I was also smashing heaps of broccoli to lower my thyroid, which seems to have brought my temperature down and the ravenous hunger.