Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut have you ever heard of the peptide named Melanocyte-inhibiting factor? It's an endogenous peptide that is derived from the hormone oxytocin. It has been shown in small clinical studies to be very promising for treating depression and it also appears to have positive effects on dopamine.

A while back I made a detailed post about it on reddit called "A forgotten peptide: MIF-1 and its potential for treating Depression" with links to studies and everything.

This was an extensively studied peptide that was shown to have many benefits and has shown positive results in small-scale clinical trials on people for Parkinson's and Depression. There was even an attempt to develop a drug based on it called 'Nemifitide'.

It would be really interesting if you could make this available. Do you think that would be possible?

It seems interesting, but you are the only person who has asked about this and also a peptide would not be absorbed topically due to its high molar mass. I see no need for it given the plethora of small molecules (especially steroids) that function as fast-acting antidepressants.

M

member 6316

cb receptor 1 agonist helps anxiety

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleOG

@haidut Is it better to spread the topical products (with SFA ester/ethanol) over smaller or larger surface areas for best absorption/effectiveness? Smaller surface area increases density of transdermal enhancers but exposes less skin. Vice versa for larger surface areas. Was wondering what matters more.

Surprised this hasn't been asked much, if at all. Ran a search and most questions pertain to location and viscosity.

Wagner83

I wonder if washing the skin with warm water (and use soap?) for a long enough time to dilate the pores helps with absorption.

TripleOG

I wonder if washing the skin with warm water (and use soap?) for a long enough time to dilate the pores helps with absorption.

Looking up this answer sent me down the research rabbit hole. Now I have more questions than answers. :D

But to answer yours:

Water Enhancement of Permeability

The state of hydration of the normal skin has been ranked next to the nature of the
penetrating molecule as the most important factor in the rate of percutaneous passage
of any substance (128). However, the reported effectiveness of hydration on skin
penetration appears equivocal (104). It is well recognized that the SC swells contin-
uously on immersion in water, absorbing as much as ten times the dry weight. The
water is bound within the intracellular keratin. Permeability increases rapidly initially
and then slows down to a steady-state diffusion. Alonso et al. (129,130) used spin-
label electron-spin resonance technique to monitor the effect of hydration on the
molecular dynamics of lipids at C-5, C-12, and C-16 positions of the alkyl chain.
They found that an increased hydration of neonatal SC led to an increase in mem-
brane fluidity near the membrane – water interface region and less so in the deeper
hydrophobic core. Solid-state nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) has also been used
to show a greater mobility of the skin components in the presence of water (131).

https://the-eye.eu/public/Books/Med...ons - K. Walters (Marcel Dekker, 2002) WW.pdf

3.1. Water

Water is the most natural penetration enhancer [61]. Hydration state of the stratum corneum is important in determining penetration enhancement of a given drug. Usually, increased hydration of the stratum corneum enhances transdermal flux of a variety of drugs. The role of water in promoting transdermal delivery has been extensively reviewed elsewhere [61]

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S000527360900296X#bib61

One reason why skin occlusion is big with transdermals.

I wonder if I've been leaving results on the table by not taking advantage of occlusive methods. Skin hydration may be a reason why I get the most effects with neck and scrotal applications. My skin in those areas never dry, whereas other body parts (arms, shoulder) are prone to dryness. Going to make sure skins hydrated from now on. Maybe add an extra drop of IPM. Will definitely experimenting with Tegaderm or plastic wrap sounds useful.

Also came across AndroGel ingredients while lookin through papers. Never knew how similar it is to IdeaLab products, minus the gel-forming components

"Inactive" ingredients:
carbomer 980, ethanol 67.0%, isopropyl myristate, purified water, and sodium hydroxide"

So now I'm wondering why AndroGel creators went with gel instead of just IPM+ethanol. Ease of consumer use? Better occlusion with the gel added, thus better absorption? Did they feel IPM+ethanol wasn't enough? On the other side, I wonder why @haidut excluded the gel. Legal reasons? Didn't find it financially feasible? Didn't feel it was worth it? All the above? Lol.

haidut

Forum Supporter
So now I'm wondering why AndroGel creators went with gel instead of just IPM+ethanol. Ease of consumer use? Better occlusion with the gel added, thus better absorption? Did they feel IPM+ethanol wasn't enough? On the other side, I wonder why @haidut excluded the gel. Legal reasons? Didn't find it financially feasible? Didn't feel it was worth it? All the above? Lol.

The studies I have seen shows that a simple binary mixtures of which one of the solvents was ethanol performed best as an all-purpose solvent. The ideal one seems to be DMSO/ethanol, and IMP/ethanol is a close second. I mentioned this to @Wagner83 over PM. The legal side is also important. The more solvents and permeation enhancers there are in the product the more likely it is to be considered by the FDA as a "transdermal delivery system", which are automatically considered "new drugs" and have to undergo a formal approval process with a clinical trial, etc. The fewer solvents there are in the product the closer the product is (legally) to a lab chemical and/or cosmetic ingredient.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Is it better to spread the topical products (with SFA ester/ethanol) over smaller or larger surface areas for best absorption/effectiveness? Smaller surface area increases density of transdermal enhancers but exposes less skin. Vice versa for larger surface areas. Was wondering what matters more.

Surprised this hasn't been asked much, if at all. Ran a search and most questions pertain to location and viscosity.

It is a balance and the liquid should be enough to make the skin wet but not to the point of drenching it. If the liquid dries up within 10sec after application then the area is too big/wide and if it takes more than 2min to dry up then it is too small.

ddjd

Haidut any plans for any new supplements released in the next few weeks? I need to put another order in soon so interested to know what else might be available

Light

Yes, working on either a tetracyline or minocycline product. Would prefer the latter but it would depend if one of our bulk providers can deliver enough quantity for a low enough price to make it worthwhile.
+1 Waiting for antibiotics news,
Dr. won't give prescription just based on my request, and i'm very iffy about ordering any drug from an unknown vendor.
@haidut being so anal that he won't even use regular soap (and I do mean "anal" in the best way :): ) makes me trust there's no crap in his products.

SQu

Hi Haidut, it looks like 2 drops transdermal lisuride for approx 1 month might be shrinking a pterygium, will see what opthalm. says at next appointment in about three weeks, as well as how iop is going, I'll let you know. Hope to have good news.
I want to re-order very soon thereafter so there's a chance of beating Xmas postal overload (on top of incompetence overload already factored into the local postal service)
I'd like to use paypal account.
I also have a question I've been trying to answer myself, and that is, you mentioned defibron as a better safer option
to that I have to add an important factor which is maximum value for money - when I choose whether to switch to defibron - your thoughts?
Thank you!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi Haidut, it looks like 2 drops transdermal lisuride for approx 1 month might be shrinking a pterygium, will see what opthalm. says at next appointment in about three weeks, as well as how iop is going, I'll let you know. Hope to have good news.
I want to re-order very soon thereafter so there's a chance of beating Xmas postal overload (on top of incompetence overload already factored into the local postal service)
I'd like to use paypal account.
I also have a question I've been trying to answer myself, and that is, you mentioned defibron as a better safer option
to that I have to add an important factor which is maximum value for money - when I choose whether to switch to defibron - your thoughts?
Thank you!

Great, glad it is helping.
If DeFibron works just as well then it would be the safer and cheaper method. I don't have reports from people on how it stacks against a dopamine agonist though.

johnsmith

I've gone threw around 6 Energens in the new white bottles, 5 out of 6 bottles didn't work well (hard to get drops out). My newest one is by far the worst bottle. Even after inserting thumb tacks into the hole several times, it still clogs, I think due to the B vitamins not fully dissolving (in this newest bottle only)(yes I have shaken the bottle a lot). I can squeeze the air out of the bottle then tilt it over my tongue to drop, and every time it clogs, I release some air back into the bottle, but then the drops come out too fast to count.

I never had problems with the old Energen bottles.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've gone threw around 6 Energens in the new white bottles, 5 out of 6 bottles didn't work well (hard to get drops out). My newest one is by far the worst bottle. Even after inserting thumb tacks into the hole several times, it still clogs, I think due to the B vitamins not fully dissolving (in this newest bottle only)(yes I have shaken the bottle a lot). I can squeeze the air out of the bottle then tilt it over my tongue to drop, and every time it clogs, I release some air back into the bottle, but then the drops come out too fast to count.

I never had problems with the old Energen bottles.

Sorry about this, it could be due to the calcium pantothenate which we were using up until recently. I can send you a replacement bottle for free. If you had issues with 5 previous bottles Energin, why did you not let me know earlier? I have not received any other complaints about Energin getting clogged except for the one batch which used calcium pantothenate.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Zeus, have you thought about keeping a public log on improvements made on each product?

I will probably make a a thread and edit is as we change/upgrade things. There haven't been that many changes so far so I did not think about it, but I can see its usefulness.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom