Vitamin A And Osteomalacia

OP
Travis

Travis

I get the impression that the WAPF may be biased. If you scroll down to the bottom of the homepage, you will see that Green Pastures is one of their sponsors. Since they are sponsored by a company that sells Cod Liver Oil, I am skeptical that they would present information Vitamin A information in a completely honest manner.

If you want to see some of the most shocking reviews on Amazon, look no further than the one-star reviews for Now Foods 25,000 IU Vitamin A. Hair loss, liver damage, peeling skin, and they end with an angry threat to sue Amazon!

B

Braveheart

Good thread and comments, very necessary discussion...I've been wrestling with this A and D question for some time...I get at least 30-60 minutes full strong sun here in BZ...would that be equivalent to roughly 5,000 iu D?....my A comes from once a week liver...thinking the Estroban amt is good on days I don't get sun.

chrismeyers

I get the impression that the WAPF may be biased. If you scroll down to the bottom of the homepage, you will see that Green Pastures is one of their sponsors. Since they are sponsored by a company that sells Cod Liver Oil, I am skeptical that they would present information Vitamin A information in a completely honest manner.

If you want to see some of the most shocking reviews on Amazon, look no further than the one-star reviews for Now Foods 25,000 IU Vitamin A. Hair loss, liver damage, peeling skin, and they end with an angry threat to sue Amazon!

Jeez louise, who would supplement with massive doses of anything including that? 25000 IUs? That is ridiculously high. This just further reinforces why I have stopped all vitamin intake. If I need something, I find a whole food that has it and eat that. Now foods shouldnt even be making that.

johnwester130

Jeez louise, who would supplement with massive doses of anything including that? 25000 IUs? That is ridiculously high. This just further reinforces why I have stopped all vitamin intake. If I need something, I find a whole food that has it and eat that. Now foods shouldnt even be making that.

could those problems be solved with vitamin d supplementation ?

ddjd

That product is fish oil vitamin A and it contains soybean oil! No peatarian in their right mind would ever use that. We all just use retinol palmitate or acetate, very different product. No wonder they're having issues.

ddjd

I've been experimenting with around 30,000iu a day of vitamin A in the form of retinol Acetate.

I realised quite quickly I need to up my vitamin d intake so get about 5000 to balance the A.

Then I realised I need plenty of vitamin K2 mk4 as well.

Benefits of the retinol acetate are that it's stopped my hair loss, any sign of a cold it completely stops it, heart palpitations have stopped, better sleep

OP
Travis

Travis

Your right; that brand does has pharmaceutical grade fish oil.

However, that dose can be toxic (depending on liver status or course). Not only would a Peatarian not use anything containing fish oil for anything than to perhaps light a fire, they would also likely purchase vitamin A pills of a saner dose—anywhere between 2- and 10,000 international units.

ilikecats

Just posted this in another thread with a few people megadosing (overdosing) vitamin a but it was completely ignored. For those who won't take the time to listen ray says 5,000iu should be the max dose for a hypothyroid person and a person with decent thyroid should have 10,000iu.

Runenight201

I was thinking about purchasing A for acne, but seeing this made me reconsider.

Back when my shin splints were the worst, I was eating lots of liver, which now makes sense due to this thread. I have been getting lots of warm sun shine, and as a result my shin splints have nearly been completely eliminated, and I’ve been running pain free, it’s been quite the enjoyment.

So now I think I will buy some vitamin D, especially with the winter months coming up, and perhaps supplement 250-500 IUs a day, depending on my cheese intake =P perhaps it may even help clear up my skin as well.

And before you say anything Travis...I know you believe dairy is implicated in acne, and I for sure can see the correlation, but it just taste so damn good and makes my nails very strong, I’m hoping @DuggaDugga can come through on that acne paper and acquit androgens from causing acne :) (or at least detail how to negate the effects of androgens on acne, because tbh I do like the anabolic effects of dairy, it does make me feel much stronger)

OP
Travis

Travis

I was thinking about purchasing A for acne, but seeing this made me reconsider.

Back when my shin splints were the worst, I was eating lots of liver, which now makes sense due to this thread. I have been getting lots of warm sun shine, and as a result my shin splints have nearly been completely eliminated, and I’ve been running pain free, it’s been quite the enjoyment.

So now I think I will buy some vitamin D, especially with the winter months coming up, and perhaps supplement 250-500 IUs a day, depending on my cheese intake =P perhaps it may even help clear up my skin as well.

And before you say anything Travis...I know you believe dairy is implicated in acne, and I for sure can see the correlation, but it just taste so damn good and makes my nails very strong, I’m hoping @DuggaDugga can come through on that acne paper and acquit androgens from causing acne :) (or at least detail how to negate the effects of androgens on acne, because tbh I do like the anabolic effects of dairy, it does make me feel much stronger)
That's fine, and I like goat cheese. I think a person can get away with a bit more of that because it has less IGF-1 than cheese from cows, yet the androgens could still potentially build-up after a few months of heavy use. If a person can maintain the proper dose of the the right cheese, I would think they could circumvent all problems generally attributed to dairy.

cs3000

-

Last edited: