High PUFA Or Fasting?

Runenight201

Let's say you were in a hypothetical situation where the only food you can have for dinner would be a high PUFA meal. Would you consume it, or would you fast and go to sleep hungry?

lvysaur

Probably go hungry

In real life though, just go to the gas station and buy some milk

Luckytype

Definitely debated posting a thread like this @Runenight201

I tend to just buy juice or fruit, often times im hungry but i have cheated with heavily salted fries here and there.

In interested in other responses though

Ulysses

I would much rather fast, PUFA are acutely harmful in dose-dependent manner, but fasting seems to be problematic only as a chronic stressor, unless your metabolism is already completely ruined, in which case I still think it’s even worse to eat the PUFA.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

@Luckytype, Didn't realize how bad fries were...just looked up the nutrition data on mcdonalds fries and it has 5.5g polyunsaturated fat per 100g serving.....What's sketch is that if you go to the McDonald's website and look up the nutrition facts they show only 1.5g of sat fat and neglect to show anything else, where in actually it has 9.1g of monounsaturated fat and 5.5g of polyunsaturated fat. I went to a professional soccer match and had stadium chicken tenders and fries and thought I was doing alright just getting some carbs and protein...woops.

@Ulysses I do wonder what is worse with a poor metabolism. Personally if I go without food I quickly go hypoglycemic, cranky, tired, and want nothing to do with the world or people. Whereas if I consume food with High PUFA's, at least I'll be fed and not feeling like crap. Perhaps the best thing to do is just drink some soda which is usually available anywhere and wait until homecooked or better food is available. It really is a shame how completely saturated American food is with PUFA's. Can't eat out anywhere without coming into contact with vegetable oil.

L

lollipop

Once in a while, I would just eat it especially if associated with a social event.

Have to be careful and honest with Self that “once in a while” is not weekly, bi-weekly etc...

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

For the past week I ate a diet that finally more and less works for me and i was feeling really good...that I decided to eat a chipotle cheat meal. Not that bad right? I made sure to stick with white rice, steak, veggies, avoid the beans, get a little cows cheese (even tho I’m sticking with goats from now on).

Hello bloat, inflammation, scalp itch, and acne. Oh goodness, this western restaurant food is poison. No wonder I was overweight, depressed, anxious, and couldn’t sleep eating this stuff, and why America has so many health problems. Never again. I’m mega dosing vitamin e hoping these toxic PUFAS clear out faster

Elephanto

It can be beneficial to do a 24 to 48 hours fast occasionally. Besides endotoxins reduction, the 24h mark is where brain autophagy is significantly increased and it goes back to base levels at 48 hours.

Ahh the eternal dilema of every Peater. Technically though i’d say you should never be in that position. There’s always a non pufa option available, even if it’s just a packet of sugar. If the key is to keep cortisol in check without necessarily ‘eating’ then any little amount of anything potent like sugar might do.

As far as jon’s fries or lisas’s social PUFA - i’d say many people in here including myself are way too OCD for that. Even this thread itself is a testament to that. I would probably have to be dying to touch macdonnals fries with a stick, and even then i would feel like ***t afterwards for what i have done. But that’s pretty cool that not everyone in here is such a tight ****.

Last edited:
I’m mega dosing vitamin e hoping these toxic PUFAS clear out faster

Yes that works like a charm, each and every time. Tripple that dosage man to triple the PUFA outflow. Be sure to put a bucket underneath you to catch all those nasty dripping polys.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Yes the vitamin E + a nice hand rolled cigarette + a BM helped everything return to baseline, minus a tad bit of restlessness.

@Elephanto I like the idea of fasting and will do a 2 day one in my next fast. The first fast I did was 28 hours and pretty difficult for me, mainly because I was a lot unhealthier then, and so I was plagued with headaches, food cravings, and fatigue. I think the healthier you are the easier it is to fast. I met a very good looking healthy male once and he told me that he water fasted for 14 days and found it particularly easy. Now he could have been exaggerating for show, but I’d like to try a couple multi-day fasts for autophagy as well as training discipline.

@Animalinstinct LOL. Yes I think from now on I will just fast or have some juice, and tell others that I don’t feel hungry. I wish there were more restaurants that cooked nice and clean, no added oils. They might exist, just harder to find. My kind of places anyways :)