All My Joints Are Cracking

Douglas Ek

I never claimed it could be synthesized in the human body by sugar and protein. I claimed it could be synthesizdd and that DHA is not essential. ALA is and it should be called essential fatty acid and not acids since its only one. I never claimed anyone should avoid PUFA because thats impossible but to minimize them

Besides if you scroll up and look at my post after your edited you can see your post is edited but you later claimed it was original. That was false

T

tca300

I never claimed it could be synthesized in the human body by sugar and protein. I claimed it could be synthesizdd and that DHA is not essential. ALA is and it should be called essential fatty acid and not acids since its only one. I never claimed anyone should avoid PUFA because thats impossible but to minimize them
Yes I misunderstood you, I didn't appropriately read your message, which is why I said
Oh nevermind, you are saying from its plant precursor 18:3. Oops
Sorry for screwing things up!

Jon

Well I understand clarifying specifically that the precursor ALA is the essential nutritional piece of this argument for posterity sake (preventing on lookers from assuming they need fish oil and other nasties) but that doesn't really make the statement "DHA is essential" wrong.

No worries though, I'm informed on the nuances :thumbup

Jon

Lol who knows, but good luck to anyone avoiding it or its precursor while consuming a nutritious diet. Many fruits, have a "good" ratio of n-3 to n-6, oranges are one example, so we cant avoid it even eating just land foods.

I'm with ya, I don't sweat it. Especially being an active person.

Douglas Ek

Well I understand clarifying specifically that the precursor ALA is the essential nutritional piece of this argument for posterity sake (preventing on lookers from assuming they need fish oil and other nasties) but that doesn't really make the statement "DHA is essential" wrong.

No worries though, I'm informed on the nuances :thumbup

I agree that ofc it could be essential for life. But in the term of nutritiom when they tend to label something essential like vitamins and minerals they refer to a compound which you need to get from certain food sources or you will get sick. Thats not the case with DHA. They call it essential as in you need to get it from the diet to have any in your body. And i dont like the supplement industry telling people to take fish oil because DHA in it is essential. Thats false marketing. We don't really know if the need of DHA in the body is as big as previously argued and we don't know if the body can synthesize enough of it or not through ALA. Thats another debate. But from what Ive understood theres no conclusive evidence that eating foods with high DHA should have any benefit compared to eating foods with low amounts and ALA etc. I guess if you eat varied meals with 2000-3000 calories per day you are probably getting enough. Then there are studies with pros and cons. Most ray peat stuff are very controversial and opinion based. I have a hard time grasping nitric oxide and how there is so much negative but also so much positive from it. Probably same with these fats. They're good in certain situations. Other ones they do more harm than good. Its never black or white. Usually something inbetween.

Jon

I agree that ofc it could be essential for life. But in the term of nutritiom when they tend to label something essential like vitamins and minerals they refer to a compound which you need to get from certain food sources or you will get sick. Thats not the case with DHA. They call it essential as in you need to get it from the diet to have any in your body. And i dont like the supplement industry telling people to take fish oil because DHA in it is essential. Thats false marketing. We don't really know if the need of DHA in the body is as big as previously argued and we don't know if the body can synthesize enough of it or not through ALA. Thats another debate. But from what Ive understood theres no conclusive evidence that eating foods with high DHA should have any benefit compared to eating foods with low amounts and ALA etc. I guess if you eat varied meals with 2000-3000 calories per day you are probably getting enough. Then there are studies with pros and cons. Most ray peat stuff are very controversial and opinion based. I have a hard time grasping nitric oxide and how there is so much negative but also so much positive from it. Probably same with these fats. They're good in certain situations. Other ones they do more harm than good. Its never black or white. Usually something inbetween.

Agreed. You're totally right, and it's a ploy to sell bull**** food/ make people feel like they don't need to understand what they're actually putting in their bodies.

Alas, ''tis a lonely world for the well informed lol.

OP
M

Motif

More Infos about me:

Symptoms:

No concentration

Getting aggressive easily

Dermatitis and Seborrhoic eczema

Constipatet since a little kid, ox bile helps with that

And this joint cracking / tensions thing

Diagnosis:

Bilirubin bit too high chronicle

Zinc copper Ceruloplasmin deficient

Diaminoxidase too low / histamine issues

I have an histamine intolerance so eating peatish is an issue.

I eat rice, fruit, some vegetables that I tolerate, ice cream everyday since may (gained 10 KG, which is amazing), Shrimps, mushrooms, some eggs, milk.

I'm working out a lot again. Feeling better with it.

@Douglas Ek

Yeah; still taking it, but I added zinc again cause copper gave me symptoms after ten days or something and I thought maybe it's because of imbalance. Also got my blood checked and copper was not in deficiency anymore but almost ... and zinc was deficient.

I hope this will work. Over a month now. Hopefully I see success soon

@Douglas Ek
How were your zinc levels ?

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Bilirubin bit too high chronicle
Bilirubin can be caused by too much iron, cortisol, inflammation, infection, oxidative stress, liver damage, gut issues, low bile, etc.

Taurine lowers bilirubin by stimulating bile flow. A lack of bile acid can also lead to an overgrowth of gut bacteria, which creates endotoxins, which in turn increases gut permeability and also burdens the liver. This contributes to inflammation, which elevates bilirubin, increases iron retention and also result in anemia symptoms at the same time.

This gives you liver damage, sluggish liver function, low ceruloplasmin production.

So I think most of the issues could be due to lack of bile, too much gut bacteria and liver inflammation. Did you test for liver enzymes?

Copper increase diamine oxidase and ceruloplasmin levels. Vitamin C lowers histamine levels, but also lowers Cu. Iron, sulfur, hesperidin, vitamin B6 and iron also lower Cu levels. Vitamin E will lower bilirubin, inflammation, oxidative stress and help restore normal zinc and copper levels.

High fiber foods and food rich in phytic acid reduce absorption of zinc. Protein and vitamin B6 increase zinc absorption and utilisation.

An iron overload and magnesium and zinc deficiency can also cause histamine intolerance.

Inflammation activates NNMT, which is the enzyme that takes a methyl group from SAMe and coverts niacinamide to n1-methylnicotinamide. This reduces SAMe levels, and you need SAMe to reduce histamine levels.

Vitamin B6 can also help lower histamine as it's a cofactor in the enzyme that breaks histamine down, and also by increasing the retention of magnesium.

No concentration and aggression could be due to low energy production, low glycogen stores in the liver, gut issues, infection, inflammation and micronutrient deficiencies.

OP
M

Motif

@Salmonamb

Thanks! So you think low bile production is the main issue?

I have E. coli and Klebsiella overgrowth in the gut too.

My iron is pretty high. Ferritin and transferrin are good.

My zinc and copper are always low even when I supplement it.

OP
M

Motif

Ray peats answer:

"Muscle-tendon-cartilage problems usually involve a hormone imbalance, for example, low thyroid, DHEA, pregnenolone, vitamin D."

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Salmonamb

Thanks! So you think low bile production is the main issue?

I have E. coli and Klebsiella overgrowth in the gut too.

My iron is pretty high. Ferritin and transferrin are good.

My zinc and copper are always low even when I supplement it.
I think so. Iron makes the bad gut bacteria worse. So maybe you can focus on lowering iron (cilantro, vitamin E, aspirin, vitamin B1, caffeine, hesperidin, cranberry, tetracycline, lactoferrin, etc), lowering gut bacteria (mct oil, coconut oil, methylene blue + iodine + red light, vinegar, carrot salad, activated charcoal, etc.) and increasing bile flow with caffeine, taurine, ox bile, etc.

This will lower inflammation improve mineral status, such as zinc and copper, and increase ceruloplasmin levels.

CoolTweetPete

I just posted something about “tensional integrity”. I think that post may be for you. I have had a similar cracking and popping most of my life. It is nearly completely resolved, but it does take work. The popping is likely related to improperly laid collagen formations.

Lejeboca

I just posted something about “tensional integrity”. I think that post may be for you. I have had a similar cracking and popping most of my life. It is nearly completely resolved, but it does take work. The popping is likely related to improperly laid collagen formations.

Would you care to insert in this thread a reference to your post on “tensional integrity”? Thank you.

CoolTweetPete

Thanks Lisa. :blush:

OP
M

Motif

I think so. Iron makes the bad gut bacteria worse. So maybe you can focus on lowering iron (cilantro, vitamin E, aspirin, vitamin B1, caffeine, hesperidin, cranberry, tetracycline, lactoferrin, etc), lowering gut bacteria (mct oil, coconut oil, methylene blue + iodine + red light, vinegar, carrot salad, activated charcoal, etc.) and increasing bile flow with caffeine, taurine, ox bile, etc.

This will lower inflammation improve mineral status, such as zinc and copper, and increase ceruloplasmin levels.

I'm doing a lot of this, but no improvement unfortunately. Will keep doing it and maybe add a bit Taurin but it gives me histamine issues.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm doing a lot of this, but no improvement unfortunately. Will keep doing it and maybe add a bit Taurin but it gives me histamine issues.
What do you eat daily?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals