Collagen Hydrolyzate: Great Lakes, HealthNatura And VitalProteins

Mito

VitalProteins Marine Collagen
D9B0E22A-E49D-4333-A5B5-CBE247F944C1.jpeg

Zpol

The VitalProteins product has a slightly more favorable amino acid profile at least in terms of glycine. More glycine and less arginine and glutamic acid per serving.

Marine Collagen Peptides
View attachment 6212

Amino Acids - Nutritional Info - Product Info
View attachment 6214

I like the idea of more glycine, I've been thinking of trying the Marine one instead of bovine.
I would think that being from marine sources it would have less possibility of having glyphosate.
I don't know if the other brands even test for glyphosate. I've heard some do but when I look it up on their respective websites, I can't find the information.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

I tried to contact Vital Proteids to ask for the lab analysis of their product (beef) but on the first reply they sent me an official letter signed by their vice-president claiming that the product is safe and that they assure it. I then asked for the actual analysis and they replied that they don't provide 'methods or results'.

I don't want to be unfair, maybe it is a good product, but the policy contrasts with the ones from practitioners that cover their entire office wall even with birth certificates or add so many credentials to their name that there isn't much space left for their family.

They also have this issue:
"Manufactured in a facility that processes milch, fish, and tree nuts."
No offense, milk, yerrag and treelady.

But..
https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/balancing-methionine-and-glycine-in-foods-the-database/
"The collagen brands I trust most are Great Lakes and Vital Proteins. I personally use Great Lakes because it is less expensive, but I have a consulting client who finds that Vital Proteins is the only product that he digests well, possibly because they use enzymes instead of heat during processing."

--
Specs/PDFs - Science Info - Product Info

--
There are now various other companies selling such products. If you have their tests, please share.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

I use the Zint collagen. I have e-mailed them and asked for a COA of their product. Any bets on whether I get a reply? Depressing to hear about the fluoride and lead in GL collagen, I use that also. I often buy from Z Natural, and they have a hydrolyzed collagen product (not sure of their source brand, it is their label), but, they are very cooperative in sending COAs of any of their products, so I may ask them for one, as well. Does anybody know if the Zint brand can be trusted?

Mito

I tried to contact Vital Proteids to ask for the lab analysis of their product (beef) but on the first reply they sent me an official letter signed by their vice-president claiming that the product is safe and that they assure it. I then asked for the actual analysis and they replied that they don't provide 'methods or results'.
Interesting, they sent me the analysis for their Marine Collagen product.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals