Ashton Kutcher Took 5AR Inhibitor For HairLoss (Avodart)

Arnold Grape

I'm calling this, I genuinely think Kutcher and Conan were paid do this little section of the interview. He name drops the drug, talks about how great it is etc. Conan looks extremely bored during this "story." The celebrities on Conan usually have good stories that are funny, I don't see any humour or benefit in Kutcher telling this story at all. It feels forced. He specifically says "avodart" instead of something like "I started taking a pill/ taking a drug my doctor gave me etc" Kutcher also drags out for too long how the drug works to get it more air time. He didn't need to go into the whole testosterone, DHT thing, did he? I feel the story would've been the same he if had said "I started taking a drug and it fixed my hair loss, I had to stop when we wanted kids, thankfully I've made myself into a baseball cap guy."

Conan usually gets very excited and almost manic when talking with his guests, interrupting them with little jokes etc, while in this bit, while he does interrupt, it doesn't seem in his "manic" style and I said before, he looks bored by it all, when they're talking about the drug. Towards the end of the clip when they go off on a tangent and not "promoting the drug" It begins to feel natural again, Conan starts to become himself, with his manic impressions. It also seems a very strange lead to the question, "I have to complement your hair." Conan interviews hundreds of guys with great hair and never mentions it?
What did he plausibly do, then, to correct whatever is happening here?
Ashton Kutcher Ends Fight Against Baldness

tankasnowgod

His twin brother looks much older than him. You think 5AR makes people age slower?
HeLu96da_400x400.jpg

You are making quite a wild assumption based on one picture and a scripted segment. On top of that, Ashton Kutcher is an actor, whose work involves maintaining his appearance. He is likely going to spend a lot more time doing that than his brother, who I do not believe is an actor. Including things like dying hair and makeup, which certainly alter your appearance when on camera, but do not in any way slow aging.

Assuming you meant 5AR inhibitors, specifically dutasteride in this case..... No. I do not think toxic chemicals that reduce the amount of a hormone that declines with aging........ makes people age slower. I would assume the opposite.

tankasnowgod

What did he plausibly do, then, to correct whatever is happening here?
Ashton Kutcher Ends Fight Against Baldness

Perhaps.... nothing? He's only 40, and many guys still have quite a full head of hair when they are 40. I've never seen any indication whatsoever that his hair was thinning or what have you. I could believe the entire segment is a scripted lie. He's an ACTOR, and, the basically lie all the time for a living.

encerent

You are making quite a wild assumption based on one picture and a scripted segment. On top of that, Ashton Kutcher is an actor, whose work involves maintaining his appearance. He is likely going to spend a lot more time doing that than his brother, who I do not believe is an actor. Including things like dying hair and makeup, which certainly alter your appearance when on camera, but do not in any way slow aging.

Assuming you meant 5AR inhibitors, specifically dutasteride in this case..... No. I do not think toxic chemicals that reduce the amount of a hormone that declines with aging........ makes people age slower. I would assume the opposite.

I wasn't making an assumption, I was asking a question to the OP who said from what he's seen 5AR inhibitors stop or drastically slow the appearance of aging.

Arrade

It reduces DHT which would be the cause of secondary sexual characteristics, like beard growth, chest hair, or some bone development
It can actually make you have a feminine structure overtime

Arnold Grape

There is a certain amount of artifice to these interviews, but that is always the case. Why they would have landed on this subject might be totally transparent. It seems that way to you.

What I am suggesting is that AK possibly had surgery to correct what is happening in the picture I linked. (That makes the conversation about a drug linked to reversing hair loss even more strange.) Alternatively, the medication he said he used actually works to the end of reversing hair loss to a degree that nobody reports here. Possibly both of these things went on.

Kyle Bigman

I wasn't making an assumption, I was asking a question to the OP who said from what he's seen 5AR inhibitors stop or drastically slow the appearance of aging.
I was aging like crazy and then took fin and it had wonderful, and terrible effects, at the same time. I feel much older in some ways now post-fin, but simultaneously look younger.

Arnold Grape

Please elaborate?

This is fascinating...
One of my friends that took it also always made the claim that he was not aging, however, he did claim: sex problems; mood issues and seemed particularly aggravating to hang around with at times. His hair was pretty good, though. Lol

Progesterone

One of my friends that took it also always made the claim that he was not aging, however, he did claim: sex problems; mood issues and seemed particularly aggravating to hang around with at times. His hair was pretty good, though. Lol

Lol

Kyle Bigman

Please elaborate?

This is fascinating...
Idk really. You can just look at photos of me pre and post fin and it’s ridiculous. I looked way worse pre fin it’s crazy haha. Not just hair but also skin, etc. My health was bad before fin, which was why I started losing hair, and fin corrected certain things and I think worsened others. It is hard to know how or what this thing does.

Progesterone

Idk really. You can just look at photos of me pre and post fin and it’s ridiculous. I looked way worse pre fin it’s crazy haha. Not just hair but also skin, etc. My health was bad before fin, which was why I started losing hair, and fin corrected certain things and I think worsened others. It is hard to know how or what this thing does.

Your skin and face look better, post fin?

Kyle Bigman

Yeah. But other parts of my body like skin on hand and legs seem to have gotten thinner and worse.

Kyle Bigman

No, surprisingly. Legs seem thinner and skin is thinner and hyper-pigmented in places. Veins are more prominent. And I get weird fluid retention in my calves at the end of the day. A recent hair test showed extremely high sodium, but I don't know if that is because my body is wasting salt or whether I am retaining too much. I feel like this is a thyroid or adrenal issue. Who knows if this is related to finasteride or is something that I have independent of it.