Topical Thyroid (T3) - Anyone Used It?

Peata

I saw some information about topical (as well as oral) thyroid -specifically T3, helping wounds heal better. There was also mention of the topical for hair growth. Just wondered if anyone used it before.

mas

Hi Peata,

Thanks for this info. Very interesting. I wonder how using this cream topically would compare to ingesting a pill.

I only found this brand :

http://www.drfitt.com/Thyroid-Cream_p_177.html

Ingredients and dosage:
One pump of our Thyroid Hormone Cream = 35mg which provides 18.5 mcg of Thyroxine (T4) plus 5.0 mcg of Thyronine (T3). The thyroid hormone in our cream is derived from pigs (porcine thyroid gland), which is the same as for Armour thyroid brand. Pigs thyroid hormone is the same as human thyroid hormone.

35mg = 18.5 mcg thyroxine T4, 5.0 mcg thyronine T3
Aloe Vera gel, Purified well water, methyl sulfonyl methane (msm) octyl palmitate, Carbamide, Propylene Glycol, cetyl alcohol, rose hips oil, panthenol, PEG 8 stearate, Monoi de Tahiti oil, thyroid glandular, glycerin, polysorbate 65, d-alpha and mixed tocopherols, citrus oils, TEA carbomer, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, sodium hyaluronate (100%) and grapefruit seed extract.

I found a body building forum discussing this and they were discussing the molecular weight of T3 (600) and T4 (798..86) and maintained that these molecular weights were to large to be delivered effectively transdermally unless some other substance were used. I don't have any knowledge about that.

OP
Peata

Peata

Thanks for that, Mas. Interesting. I am going to think about ordering a bottle to use only on a scar on my arm. It didn't heal like I hoped it would. It would only take a tiny amount so in my case it wouldn't worry me too much about it going systemic. If it worked on that scar, I think it would work on any scar I have.

mas

Good luck with that - I hope it works for you!

I do wish we get some responses and an interesting discussion about pill vs. transdermal.

Maybe there could be a use for both pill and local transdermal? I guess those who would be interested would have to try the product and confirm whether it helped.

OP
Peata

Peata

Thanks, I probably won't order for a while yet, but good to know it's available.

OP
Peata

Peata

mas said:
I do wish we get some responses and an interesting discussion about pill vs. transdermal.

Maybe there could be a use for both pill and local transdermal? I guess those who would be interested would have to try the product and confirm whether it helped.

I hope others chime in too.

aguilaroja

I raised this question with Dr. Peat. He did not know of any effective transdermal delivery vehicle at the time. Maybe he was being polite and thought other forms of delivery were better. But the question was posed roughly two decades ago.

LukeL

I just crushed a T3 pill and applied it topically on my scalp and I definitely feel it. I placed a tiny amount of the powder on skin between parted hair and then rubbed it in with MCT oil. I felt it within minutes of applying

DaveFoster

I just crushed a T3 pill and applied it topically on my scalp and I definitely feel it. I placed a tiny amount of the powder on skin between parted hair and then rubbed it in with MCT oil. I felt it within minutes of applying
For hair regrowth?

LukeL

@DaveFoster yes but more specifically to stop shedding - it was the first time I tried it after I heard @haidut mention it several times. I plan on continuing daily but I can't put too much on my scalp because I definitely feel the effects of a very small amount of T3, so I apply it to the top of my crown in hopes it has a broader effect on my entire scalp...?

TubZy

I asked peat about dissolving cynomel. He said vodka and some lemon juice. I also tried 1/4 tablet in just water and some everclear, I felt it systematic and had trouble sleeping. I need to dilute it down further.

TubZy

@TubZy yeah oil worked systematically as well - I'm worried I won't be able to sleep tonight :woot:

I also thought about crushing up some cynomel tabs and adding to shampoo bottle and using it in the morning instead. Let me know if you try it. If you can "feel" after getting out of the shower it at least you know it's absorbing so that is a good thing lol.

inurendotoxin

@DaveFoster yes but more specifically to stop shedding - it was the first time I tried it after I heard @haidut mention it several times. I plan on continuing daily but I can't put too much on my scalp because I definitely feel the effects of a very small amount of T3, so I apply it to the top of my crown in hopes it has a broader effect on my entire scalp...?

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if this worked for you (or anyone) in the end? I'm considering topical T3 since coming off Finasteride (about 3 weeks ago) I now have a massive shed going on.

Thanks for any help. :):

proteome

Forum Supporter
@TubZy yeah oil worked systematically as well - I'm worried I won't be able to sleep tonight :woot:
@LukeL did this work for you?
@inurendotoxin, did you try topical t3 in oil or alcohol?

@haidut do you have any context beyond your post above that you think would be worth adding to this before looking into this further?

ivy

Would porcine NDT work or be detrimental, as it also contains T4? I'm willing to give it a try now that I know of a company I could buy from in Europe.

proteome

Forum Supporter
Would porcine NDT work or be detrimental, as it also contains T4? I'm willing to give it a try now that I know of a company I could buy from in Europe.
I don't remember where in this forum that I saw it, but t4 may get converted to reverse t3, as known as rT3, in the hair follicles, due to the presence of deiodithyronaze or some enzyme that sounded like that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals