Fukishima Radiation

Swandattur

To me nuclear power as it is implemented seems nuts, but if they are going to do it, it seems to me there ought to be a world wide response team for situations like this, since it does concern the whole world.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Yeah, they are a proud people, which may explain their hesitation in calling for help. Still, I'd think a country so famous for their work ethic, structure and tech-saviness could handle a meltdown as good as any, save perhaps the Swiss(who now getting rid of all their reactors). The cover-up of Chernobyl was much bigger, with the iron curtain and all, only the Russians didn't have an earthquake to contend with, not to mention it's remote location. North eastern Europe is apparently still littered with detectable levels of radiation.

Swandattur

My husband read an article that said Wales in England was one of the places poisoned by radiation from Cherobyl. They are only just now lifting restrictions on farming there.

jaakkima

Would one absorb more radiation by living on a boat on the California coast instead of in a house a couple miles inland?

I have been considering living on a boat because for the past 5 years I haven't been able to rent a place to live that isn't very very noisy with yelling people and subwoofers etc, and my body has really bad chronic stress.

Swandattur

I don't know, but I wouldn't think it would make any difference. I would think living on a boat, provided the neighbors weren't noisy there, too, would be restful.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

jaakkima said:
Would one absorb more radiation by living on a boat on the California coast instead of in a house a couple miles inland?

I have been considering living on a boat because for the past 5 years I haven't been able to rent a place to live that isn't very very noisy with yelling people and subwoofers etc, and my body has really bad chronic stress.

I think the amount of time you spent with your body in water, swimming and what have you, would be an important factor to consider. So yeah you'd probably receive more Fukishima fallout living on sea, but that risk can be minimized by avoiding seafood and limiting swim time. Conversely, however, you'd be avoiding the EMF from cell towers, power lines and wifi that cover populated areas, provided your concious about turning off electrics in your sweet house tub. I would be difficult to determine which would be more dangerous long-term, but I'm inclined to think EMF is worse, especially in cities, simply because I haven't come across any reliable measurements and/or confirmation of fukishima fallout being a serious risk.

jaakkima

No plans to swim in the water. My concern is just being inside the boat.
And I don't use many electronics. :):

Waynish

Didn't the actual tsunami kill lots of people, while the Nuclear energy killed very few? But in terms of how many people the fallout weakened - that would be hard to say. However, with the proper nutritional and therapeutic countermeasures, I think you could counteract most of the long-term damage in affected people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom