Antibiotics Cleared My Acne 100%

TheHound

If some of you have seen my previous thread, I had to go to the doctors for a bad and painful throat infection. I was prescribed amoxicillin 500mg three times daily. I've had acne since I was 12-13 (now 23). It's not bad anymore and I get it sometimes on my face but its mostly on my back and a bit on my chest now. Well within 2 days the amoxicillin cleared up my acne everywhere and I mean completely. Skin hasn't been this good in over 10 years now and nothing else has worked this well. I've also been dealing with bad neck pain upon waking which lasts into the day a bit for the last month or so. Well coincidentally this is gone too now. I saw posts by Haidut saying the endotoxin can be one of the real causes of lower back pain so I wonder if this was the case here.

I was considering going back to my doctor to tell him about this to get another prescription. I heard doxycycline is the common one prescribed for acne. Is this a good idea to use them occasionally?

vulture

Can you update this in a month? to see if you still free of acne

dfspcc20

@TheHound Did you have any other symptoms of overgrowth/endotoxin prior to the antibiotics? Gas, bloating, etc.?

I had profound improvements with sleep last time I took antibiotics. The antibiotics (Keflex) were for an infection, and I wasn't really expecting the sleep improvements. I started getting anxiety/depression a few days into it, something I've never had before in my life, but which is a known side-effect of Keflex, so I stopped then and never went back. Been thinking about experimenting with penicillin, doxycycline or amoxicillin if I could get my hands on some.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

@TheHound Did you have any other symptoms of overgrowth/endotoxin prior to the antibiotics? Gas, bloating, etc.?

I had profound improvements with sleep last time I took antibiotics. The antibiotics (Keflex) were for an infection, and I wasn't really expecting the sleep improvements. I started getting anxiety/depression a few days into it, something I've never had before in my life, but which is a known side-effect of Keflex, so I stopped then and never went back. Been thinking about experimenting with penicillin, doxycycline or amoxicillin if I could get my hands on some.

I had none of the other symptoms. I've been on the amoxicillin for 8 days now and skin is still perfect

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Can you update this in a month? to see if you still free of acne

I only have a supply of 10 days and I'm already on day 8. We'll see if any skin issues come back after I'm done the course

baccheion

Do you have any nutrient deficiencies? Look into iodine (protocol) as a natural antibiotic. And Vitamin D3 + K2 MK-4 (40-60 ng/mL 25(OH)D), as it modulates release of antimicrobial peptides. And chelated/TRAACS magnesium.

tankasnowgod

If some of you have seen my previous thread, I had to go to the doctors for a bad and painful throat infection. I was prescribed amoxicillin 500mg three times daily. I've had acne since I was 12-13 (now 23). It's not bad anymore and I get it sometimes on my face but its mostly on my back and a bit on my chest now. Well within 2 days the amoxicillin cleared up my acne everywhere and I mean completely. Skin hasn't been this good in over 10 years now and nothing else has worked this well. I've also been dealing with bad neck pain upon waking which lasts into the day a bit for the last month or so. Well coincidentally this is gone too now. I saw posts by Haidut saying the endotoxin can be one of the real causes of lower back pain so I wonder if this was the case here.

I was considering going back to my doctor to tell him about this to get another prescription. I heard doxycycline is the common one prescribed for acne. Is this a good idea to use them occasionally?

I knew someone who was prescribed antibiotics after getting a cat bite, and she mentioned the same thing, that her skin was the clearest it had been in years.

If you can get another prescription, it would probably be good to have them on hand, but it sounds like you largely solved the problem. I would think a maintenance strategy would be the most appropriate here, like regular carrots/mushrooms, and the other mild natural antibiotic foods mentioned on the forum, along with avoiding things that promote bacterial growth (especially anything with added raw iron, like fortified bread or rice).

Another thing I would look into is Inclined Bed Therapy. One of the things that it really helps to do is detoxify, improve skin, and keep circulation going at night. That last part keeps your temps from falling a degree or two while you sleep, and a lower body temperature allows bacteria and other pathogens to really thrive. There is a thread on it here- https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/inclined-bed-therapy.23450/

OP
TheHound

TheHound

I knew someone who was prescribed antibiotics after getting a cat bite, and she mentioned the same thing, that her skin was the clearest it had been in years.

If you can get another prescription, it would probably be good to have them on hand, but it sounds like you largely solved the problem. I would think a maintenance strategy would be the most appropriate here, like regular carrots/mushrooms, and the other mild natural antibiotic foods mentioned on the forum, along with avoiding things that promote bacterial growth (especially anything with added raw iron, like fortified bread or rice).

Another thing I would look into is Inclined Bed Therapy. One of the things that it really helps to do is detoxify, improve skin, and keep circulation going at night. That last part keeps your temps from falling a degree or two while you sleep, and a lower body temperature allows bacteria and other pathogens to really thrive. There is a thread on it here- https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/inclined-bed-therapy.23450/

I tried sleeping with an incline when I was sick because laying flat blocked my nose up too much. however I naturally sleep on my stomach so it was very hard to sleep on my back with an incline and I eventually gave up after a couple hours lying awake

OP
TheHound

TheHound

I noticed now I'm getting the "amoxicillin rash". It's mostly on the inner side of my thighs but i see light red marks on my chest, shoulders and neck so I'm going to stop taking it

tankasnowgod

I tried sleeping with an incline when I was sick because laying flat blocked my nose up too much. however I naturally sleep on my stomach so it was very hard to sleep on my back with an incline and I eventually gave up after a couple hours lying awake

There is no reason that you can't sleep on your stomach while sleeping inclined. Why did you think you couldn't?

OP
TheHound

TheHound

There is no reason that you can't sleep on your stomach while sleeping inclined. Why did you think you couldn't?

didn't seem good for the spine. I was using an incline pillow so thats probably why though

tankasnowgod

didn't seem good for the spine. I was using an incline pillow so thats probably why though

Ah, not too sure about the pillows. Check the thread I linked. Also, the engineer who made the discovery about sleeping inclined is on this forum now, and active. If you can adjust, it is so far superior. I will never go back to sleeping flat.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Ah, not too sure about the pillows. Check the thread I linked. Also, the engineer who made the discovery about sleeping inclined is on this forum now, and active. If you can adjust, it is so far superior. I will never go back to sleeping flat.

which method did you use to make your bed incline?

tankasnowgod

which method did you use to make your bed incline?

I put some bricks under the supports at the head. I popped off the casters, and put down a felt furniture pad on the bricks, so that it wouldn't be metal support directly on brick.

Basically, what this woman shows in this video-

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Update on this: I now take 100mg doxycycline tablets every 3-4 days or so which seems to keep most skin issues at bay. Another thing I've been doing that really seems to be keeping my skin very clear is mixing some ceylon cinnamon in my coffee grounds before brewing them. apparently ceylon reduces SIBO, essentially acting as a mild antibiotic and it seems to helping a lot nicely in my case

Motif

Update on this: I now take 100mg doxycycline tablets every 3-4 days or so which seems to keep most skin issues at bay. Another thing I've been doing that really seems to be keeping my skin very clear is mixing some ceylon cinnamon in my coffee grounds before brewing them. apparently ceylon reduces SIBO, essentially acting as a mild antibiotic and it seems to helping a lot nicely in my case

How is your digestion?
Maybe bad digestion feeds bad bacteria and that's why symptoms keep coming back ?

Maybe trying ox bile , hcl betaine and encymes would be the way to go?

OP
TheHound

TheHound

How is your digestion?
Maybe bad digestion feeds bad bacteria and that's why symptoms keep coming back ?

Maybe trying ox bile , hcl betaine and encymes would be the way to go?

digestion is fine and has been fine

laleto12

digestion is fine and has been fine
any updates on skin and antibiotic use? i want to try doxycycline for my bloating and weird skin issues like acne , dryness and seborreic dermatitis. What are your experiences?

OP
TheHound

TheHound

any updates on skin and antibiotic use? i want to try doxycycline for my bloating and weird skin issues like acne , dryness and seborreic dermatitis. What are your experiences?

I continue to use only half a tablet (50mg) once a week and everything is good. skin is generally great, though has made even better improvements lately from using a tanning bed twice a week

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals