Electric Tootbrush And Electric Shavers - Harmful?

Logan-

Do you think these are harmful because of the EMF exposure to the head with these? I use both.

OP
L

Logan-

Yeah I read that thread. I shave my head and beard with electric shavers. I don't want to go to barbershops for this. Self-shaving is very convenient. I opened this thread so that more people can write their opinions. I wonder how harmful these actually are, to what extent and how significant is the harm from using these compared to other electric devices surrounding our everyday life?

Zpol

I don't have a meter to test the EMF output of electric toothbrushes but I would assume they are almost as bad as electric shavers. Plus they are expensive and not at all necessary for dental and gum health. Just get a small sized toothbrush with a wedge shape brush so you can really get in there near the gum line and brush the bacteria out. And floss every single night. What I do is dip my toothbrush in food grade hydrogen peroxide, then in a mixture of baking soda and salt, brush, then before rinsing I floss, then rinse. This helps to get the baking soda and salt down in the pockets around your teeth to kill the bacteria your toothbrush cannot get. Doing this every night reversed my gum infections.

OP
L

Logan-

Thank you for your reply. Taking a vitamin C supplement every day can also help with gum infections if you have a deficiency.

OP
L

Logan-

For men who stopped using electric shavers, have you turned to razor blades for beards & moustache shaving, and scissors for the haircut?

It's a pity because the electric shavers are very convenient.

Cirion

The emf's are very high. Depending on the specific device you could be seeing 1,000 milligauss or more, some could be as high as 10,000 for shavers and at least a few hundred for a toothbrush from measurements I've made.

OP
L

Logan-

Thanks. I stopped using the electric toothbrush after the research, but the electric shavers are hard to stop.

Cirion

Yeah I hear ya. My beard has slowly been growing out as I decide what to do lmao... probably back to good ol' manual shavers...

rei

I need some actual evidence before taking this seriously, the power is so small and exposure so short and far apart that i cannot see anything but temporary effects.

wifi routers, mobile phones, smart meters etc are certainly an order of magnitude more acute dangers.

Cirion

I need some actual evidence before taking this seriously, the power is so small and exposure so short and far apart that i cannot see anything but temporary effects.

wifi routers, mobile phones etc are certainly an order of magnitude more acute dangers.

If you're waiting for "actual evidence" you may be waiting a while, the mainstream medical community couldn't care less about proving the dangers of EMF because we can't be letting anything stop the rollout of 5G now can we. No one will care about EMF until people start dying like crazy as we continue to increase our exposure each generation.

The power level is actually irrelevant. Power =/= emf exposure. Small items like shavers can and do emit orders of magnitude more EMF than larger items like your car even.

If the magnitude is large enough, no amount of exposure is acceptable, not even a few seconds. Let me put it to you in these kind of terms:

Let's say your shaver emits 10,000 emf and you only use it for 2 minutes in a day. Let's now average that out over the day.

10,000 * (2/60)*(1/24) = 14 mG averaged out over the day. There is some contention as to the acceptable value, but most people (and most scanners turn red) at somewhere in the 1-4 mG range. 14 is well above this acceptable value.

I would actually argue that phones are safer than the shaver, depending how much you use your phone. Phones peak at a mere 30 mG. They're only a serious concern if you tend to use them a lot, and tend to leave them on while in your pocket.

In addition, I'd argue that people who are already sick should bring their EMF's to zero, not even the "acceptable 1-4 value". Healthy people may be able to tolerate higher EMF at least for a time, and RP has said that higher metabolism lets you mitigate various forms of stressors, but if you're sick and trying to heal, the razor and other things need to go, no question about it.

rei

So you are actually arguing any kind of small electric motor causes you cancer at couple minutes per day exposure at 10cm distance? That is outlandish!

Don't you think the very small study is suffering from sample size and coincidence instead of cancer from 1W electric motors?

Cirion

I plan to read https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1976109124/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to educate myself further. I ordered it and it comes in the mail tomorrow. Based upon the reviews, looks like a good read. He has looked at hundreds of studies to verify claims, apparently. So the studies are there, they're just hard to find because they're likely suppressed.

This guy has done far more research than me and would probably be more qualified to answer some of your questions/concerns/doubts.

disclaimer - not affiliated with the author in any way. not trying to make a sale or anything . Just thought it looks like a good read to learn more.

rei

Well i certainly look forward to learn more of the facts, the ramifications would be huge if it was true.

OP
L

Logan-

@Cirion what do you think about the data presented here regarding electric razors?

Are the data (measurement values) presented in that page a cause of concern?

I don't know how they should be interpreted. Could you compare the measurement values presented in that page with the values of other known electronic devices?

Sheik

I always feel sick after trimming my hair and beard with my electric shaver. Nausea, headache, sensitivity to light. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me: it's probably the high EMF causing the symptoms. I had sort of assumed I was getting sick just because it's hard work (I would spend a lot of time to make sure I did it perfectly). But today I suddenly got a headache after shaving, and then I remembered a story about someone reliably getting headaches from exposure to EMF. My headache seemed too strange and sudden to simply be from exhaustion. I'm really irritable now too.

I'm wondering if all these symptoms are what you would expect from EMF exposure.

Cirion

I kind of want to find a barber that doesn't use electric trimmers anymore... do those even exist?

Last time I got my hair cut I felt bad the rest of the day, I could "feel" the EMF damage to my brain directly (Dunno how to describe it exactly, maybe kind of like a "pressure" build up inside the brain, not a headache exactly). Lots of brain fog as well.

I always let my hair get super long before going now because I want to reduce my exposure to that... or learn to cut my own hair...

I keep my beard at medium length and just use scissors on it for the same reason.

Hugh Johnson

I don't have a meter to test the EMF output of electric toothbrushes but I would assume they are almost as bad as electric shavers. Plus they are expensive and not at all necessary for dental and gum health. Just get a small sized toothbrush with a wedge shape brush so you can really get in there near the gum line and brush the bacteria out. And floss every single night. What I do is dip my toothbrush in food grade hydrogen peroxide, then in a mixture of baking soda and salt, brush, then before rinsing I floss, then rinse. This helps to get the baking soda and salt down in the pockets around your teeth to kill the bacteria your toothbrush cannot get. Doing this every night reversed my gum infections.
I personally prefer activated charcoal. It seems to keep teeth clean a lot longer. I suspect that it captures both the bacteria and anythign they could possibly eat so they have to start from the scratch.