Bad Quality Taurine Powder ?

LoLo

Hello everybody,

I bought some taurine and glycine supplements. Taurine for its effect on stomach acid production and glycine for its anti inflammatory property. Taurine comes in 1000 mg capsules and glycine in powder. I tried 3 days ago the glycine powder but gave me immediatly a swollen stomach so I stopped. Unfortunatly, I have always a very bloated belly now. It's like a constant bloating. I upped the taurine intake since I read that it aids for digestion. But could the taurine cause more problems ? I read that taurine is water soluble so I opened a capsule and tried to dissolve in water but it's impossible : is it normal or could this be a sign of impurities, non listed ingredients or bad quality taurine that contribute to aggravate my condition ? In this case I have to write to the seller. It's such a pity because these two aminos seem to be an incredible tool to add to my diet.

Thanks a lot !

janus

LoLo said:
Taurine for its effect on stomach acid production
Maybe you mean bile acid rather than stomach acid (HCl). Amino acids can stimulate gastric acid secretion, but the special roles of taurine and glycine are in forming bile salts from cholesterol. But still, that should help with digestion.

LoLo said:
But could the taurine cause more problems ?
I sometimes get really nasty sulfur farts from taurine ~2g, which might be a sign of taking more than I can metabolize at once. It definitely takes some calibrating.

LoLo said:
I read that taurine is water soluble so I opened a capsule and tried to dissolve in water but it's impossible
Was the water hot? Otherwise it can take a while. Who's the seller?

Gl;itch.e

janus said:
LoLo said:
But could the taurine cause more problems ?
I sometimes get really nasty sulfur farts from taurine ~2g, which might be a sign of taking more than I can metabolize at once. It definitely takes some calibrating.
I found that it took me a while at high doses before I started noticing "the smells"! :): After reaching that point of saturation I would drop back on the dosages.

natedawggh

LoLo said:
Hello everybody,

I bought some taurine and glycine supplements. Taurine for its effect on stomach acid production and glycine for its anti inflammatory property. Taurine comes in 1000 mg capsules and glycine in powder. I tried 3 days ago the glycine powder but gave me immediatly a swollen stomach so I stopped. Unfortunatly, I have always a very bloated belly now. It's like a constant bloating. I upped the taurine intake since I read that it aids for digestion. But could the taurine cause more problems ? I read that taurine is water soluble so I opened a capsule and tried to dissolve in water but it's impossible : is it normal or could this be a sign of impurities, non listed ingredients or bad quality taurine that contribute to aggravate my condition ? In this case I have to write to the seller. It's such a pity because these two aminos seem to be an incredible tool to add to my diet.

Thanks a lot !

YES. Especially if you are experiencing problems do not take Taurine, it can have unpleasant side effects.

janus

Gl;itch.e said:
I found that it took me a while at high doses before I started noticing "the smells"! :): After reaching that point of saturation I would drop back on the dosages.
Lowering from 2g at a time to 1g seems to have made the difference.

kayumochi

My wife has complained bitterly about the smell :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals