haidut

Forum Supporter
Hugh Johnson said:
Lidocaine time- and dose-dependently demethylates deoxyribonucleic acid in breast cancer cell lines in vitro

http://bja.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/04/26/bja.aes128.full

I wonder if chronic oral intake could reverse gene methylation.

Btw, all the "-caines" have such beneficial effects and this is probably one of the reasons Peat speaks highly of them. They also inhibit histamine release unlike their opioid counterparts.
I think the most beneficial one is procaine.

Milklove

haidut said:
Hugh Johnson said:
Lidocaine time- and dose-dependently demethylates deoxyribonucleic acid in breast cancer cell lines in vitro

http://bja.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/04/26/bja.aes128.full

I wonder if chronic oral intake could reverse gene methylation.

Btw, all the "-caines" have such beneficial effects and this is probably one of the reasons Peat speaks highly of them. They also inhibit histamine release unlike their opioid counterparts.

Does anyone have experience with procaine? Ray and other scientists speak so highly of it, I am inclined to give it a go.

paymanz

On the difference of lidocaine and procaine

Both richlocaine and lidocaine belong to the “amide” class of local anesthetics and most of the studies on osteoblasts with local anesthetics were performed with “ester” class of drugs (Cocaine, procaine, and tetracaine). All these ester class drugs were shown to be toxic to osteoblasts even at low range of concen-trations [15,17,23]. Amide drugs might interact differentially with osteoblasts at low concentration by activating signaling pathways (as shown by induction of osteocalcin) while ester drugs might trigger the apoptotic pathways.
Effect Of Lidocaine On Bone Matrix Formation By Osteoblasts

Last edited:

golder

Haidut,
Any dose/time/frequency recommendations for someone's rat attempting procaine or lidocaine?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut,
Any dose/time/frequency recommendations for someone's rat attempting procaine or lidocaine?

I don't know about dose, but I think Peat suggested some doses over email. It should be somewhere on the forum. Also, it should not be used for more than a few days - a protocol similar to what Peat recommends for LDN. The concern is liver toxicity when used chronically. If it helps it will show benefit quite fast, and if it does not change anything in the first 1-2 days then it is probably not going to help.