Butter/Cheese And Advanced Glycation End Productions

louisvv00

Why are butter and cheese good if they are high in advanced glycation end products?

Dave Clark

Good question. I also want to know why clarified butter, or what is known as ghee is supposed to be so healthy. In ayurveda it is revered as being so health promoting, yet to clarify butter you have to heat it up, which in my mind would say that the cholesterol in the butter would oxidize and the fats/oils would produce organic peroxides. Can anybody explain this and the AGEs in butter?

InChristAlone

I always thought ghee was repulsive. Yet I love the taste of butter. So just eat it fresh and don't overheat.

Amazoniac

As a coincidence, I once did the contactings with Jaime Uribarri who (along with Helen of the Vlassaras) authored various publications on this subject as vvcll. I asked him his opinion on the first article:

The guy went mad, I don't remember details of the reply but it was mainly commenting that Chris was actually getting paid by the Weston A. Price Foundation industry, there and fore un reliable. I guess it was just that, no further explanation.

Last edited:

Aaron

I'm still not even remotely convinced butter or cheese are actually healthy to the extent that we should try to include then. Unlike lowfat milk they are not even a good source of protein. They are also high in cholesterol oxidation products, although ghee contains 10 times the COP's compared to butter, and they have a very obvious lymph clogging effect. Despite all of the pro sat fat talk, I still feel less healthy after eating them and sometimes even get angina from them. At least my estrogen is lower?

fradon

Why are butter and cheese good if they are high in advanced glycation end products?

good in moderation or as condiments like a tab of butter on bread would do little harm compared to eating a whole bar of butter

good french cheeses are loaded with k2
good butter is also high in k2 and vitamin d and A

fradon

Afaikehekfr unless you eat an extreme amount of it I wouldn't say butter is high in any vitamins.

it doesn't have to be high in anything but it does have some which is helpful if you are not inundating yourself with supplements then the body becomes very efficient at absorbing nutrients even in small amounts.

you can also read the Weston A price article on something called activator x that is in fresh butter.

even the butric acid in butter is said to be protective of the intestinal lining of damaged caused by gluten so another good reason to eat breadt with real butter