Purpose Without Stress

DaveFoster

As I keep growing older and learn more about the world, and I'm sure that a healthy metabolism goes a long way, I've been thinking about the greatest lie in the world.

I'm talking about the lie that says you have to be or do something, or you aren't living up to your potential.

I'm starting to realize, everybody's purpose is entirely different. You wouldn't expect a mother to play the role of the father, and you wouldn't expect any different of the father.

It's paradoxical though; the more I learn about the capability of human beings, how we can achieve anything we want, the more I realize it doesn't matter if we fail. Rather than depressing, however, this feels liberating.

I've been reading a bit about Baruch Spinoza, and how he was persecuted for stating that everything in nature intrinsically reflects God by its ordered structure. He advised that a wise man remove himself from the moment and look at the bigger picture; he will realize that everything has its place.

I think that's what we're doing here; rather, that's what lowering the sympathetic system does. It allows you to grasp the foolishness in sprinting everywhere. What do you guys think?

alfredborden

I have come to realize that I am currently suspect of my own ideas regarding these broad questions because so much of the "discourse" on this stuff has been monopolized by new age bs, advertisement or motivational fitness content. I dont really have a clear idea any more.

James_001

These are the twelve characteristics of a stressed person/low thyroid/parasympathetic dominant:

1. Anhedonia (loss of pleasure)
2. Neophobia (avoidance of new things) and perseveration (repetition of
established habit patterns)
3. Reduced ambiguity tolerance (black and white thinking)
4. Social withdrawal and isolation
5. Cognitive distortions, especially over-generalizing and small-picture,
short-term thinking
6. Physical lethargy, poor sleep quality, decreased resilience
7. Social irritability, “mountains out of molehills”
8. Decreased sense of humor and play
9. Poor concentration and attention span
10. Impulsive behaviors, reduced self-control
11. Decision resistance and procrastination
12. Brokering and lifestyle leakage (“I’ll do it on vacation,” “I’ll do it on
the airplane…”)

It sound like you are making the metabolic shift , look at number three, two and five.

Lowered serotonin is also surely involved here.

M

marikay

All very good thoughts. But if I were to bring it all down to the one lie that led me to near destruction, it would be this:

If it tastes bad, it must be good for you.

smith

Only suffering and struggle validates your existence in a society that prioritizes progress and collectivism over happiness and individuality

A. squamosa

Spinoza is the best! But for Spinoza, god was not the traditional western god, god was something like nature, but was the entirety of it. It's complicated! I might still have some class notes to share if anyone likes Spinoza enough :D

smith

I have come to realize that I am currently suspect of my own ideas regarding these broad questions because so much of the "discourse" on this stuff has been monopolized by new age bs, advertisement or motivational fitness content. I dont really have a clear idea any more.
Every possible subject or topic we can speak about has an authority assigned to it, to make it seem as if it's already been "covered" and to generally deter you from making new inferences or looking deeper into it. Once someone presents some new area of thinking as "Ah, yep, see, this is how it is. Look how interesting! Simple. Nothing else to see here", most people will look at it and think, "Oh, ok, he seems like he knows his stuff, well I guess that's that. Moving on", when there could be so much more being overlooked beneath the surface

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals