Caffeine As Appetite Suppressant - Any Negatives?

KimmyG

I'm a constant Intermittent Faster and have heard that Caffeine (Black Coffee for example) can be good for appetite suppressing. I've used it as such sparingly, but before I start advocating for it, I want to know if anyone has had negative experiences using it as such long term?

theLaw

@KimmyG

Adding coffee to an intermittent fast is a quick way to set off some pretty nasty stress responses, and is in no way like using caffeine with the proper amount of food (carbs).

There are many threads here about long term caffeine use, but because keeping stress at bay is one of the primary goals of Peat's work, IF is not generally an idea supported on this forum.

OP
K

KimmyG

@KimmyG

Adding coffee to an intermittent fast is a quick way to set off some pretty nasty stress responses, and is in no way like using caffeine with the proper amount of food (carbs).

There are many threads here about long term caffeine use, but because keeping stress at bay is one of the primary goals of Peat's work, IF is not generally an idea supported on this forum.

Ah Okay, Thanks!

Frankdee20

Caffeine will actually induce hunger, not suppress it. It’s not an amphetamine.

Waynish

I would say that when caffeine is suppressing appetite it is certainly increasing stress more than reducing it. Coffee increasing appetite is an indicator that it is being used correctly.

Lurker

Coffee with no sugar leads most directly to cortisol and adrenaline. These may work short term as an appetite suppressant but you end up digging your own grave long term. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Bad news. High stress is the opposite of what you want even for weight loss. If you are going to IF, perhaps consider read up on Eat Fast Eat from Brad Pilon. And only if you are strong and healthy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals