Vitamin D Really Toxic?

Amazoniac

- Self-prescribed high-dose vitamin D3: effects on biochemical parameters in two men

"A father and son displayed 25(OH)D concentrations of 1555 and 3700 nmol/L, respectively.[3]"​

:yipes

It's the case posted elsewhere:
The others:
- Vitamin D intoxication: case report

"The patient took a compounded cholecalciferol supplement. Overdose was found by laboratory analysis of the capsules that contained 4,000,000IU instead of 2,000IU per capsule. This kind of compounding error may occur mainly when dealing with very-low dose products; in such cases, the pure input is not weighed, it is just diluted."​

- Pharmacokinetics and safety issues of an accidental overdose of 2,000,000 IU of vitamin D3 in two nursing home patients: a case report

- Development of Vitamin D Toxicity from Overcorrection of Vitamin D Deficiency: A Review of Case Reports

Last edited:

lampofred

@Makafre I read the way vitamin D works is by increasing intestinal calcium and phosphate absorption, but calcium a bit more than phosphate. So if high dose vit D is helping your symptoms while you are strictly avoiding calcium, doesn't it mean phosphate is what is helping your symptoms? Especially since you said a supplement of phosphate allows you to cut your Vit D by 5, which is massive... and also because it is known that people with gout, which Dr. Peat says is caused by excess phosphate, are known to never get MS.

I think anything that phosphate seems to improve might have an underlying root cause of iron excess?

serling78

In my mind, the people on the extreme end of the spectrum really throw off what a normal person should expect. If someone is having issues taking D3 at 1000-2000 IUs per day then it adds a lot of confusion and doubt when someone inevitably pops out of the woodwork saying oh I take 50,000 IUs per day and I feel great. Don't listen to the extreme examples. I take all of that with a grain of salt.

Based on filtering through the endless advice out there I've been using magnesium, d3, k2, and A for a couple months now because if you have problems with d3 its because you aren't taking k2. If you have problems with d3 and k2 it's because you aren't taking vitamin A. If you have problems with d3, k2, and A it's because you aren't taking magnesium. I'm sure there's more I left out. So I've been taking all of them, but the d3 is causing constipation and facial flushing.

The entire reason I'm taking all of those things is just because I want to take magnesium. Magnesium alone causes total loss of libido and shrinkage downstairs so I'm going off the advice of adding in all the other stuff to combat that. It does help a little, I can at least function, but not I'm not happy with it.

moa

I feel it's very beneficial. I've been doing it for years now and I think I'm much better for it. Take it in the morning though.

I take 20000 units or so most days. Some days or weeks none at all. Always with K2.

My levels were 80 when I did a blood test.

Hy, do you still take it ?

I have received my results of blood vitamin d , end of winter, no sun exposure for 8 months, results came 23 nm. That is less than half the ideal of 55 or more.

I decided to take 20k ui vision D3 orally, first day nothing, second day felt horrible. With muscle pains cramp like, and even gut colon cramps similar to IBS but not as usual (more like real cramps or gas, less like serotonin.

only second day o drinker milk, so maybe having calcium with it the same day was the trigger.

I stopped and next day felt better but only after i took magnesium bisglycinare, it disappeared completely.

The fact is i already tried oral vitamin D in the past months or years, occasionally, and felt bad after 2 or 3 days at 20000ui per day, each time i had to stop taking it.

i tried less, like 3000-5000ui also for a few days, once or twice in the past with no noticeable side effects until i increased to 20000ui per day.

Since my vitamin d3 levels are so low (23), the side effects are not a sign of toxicity but maybe it's hypercalcemia because i lack vitamin k ?

I also have very thin blood, often with excessive bleeding in my gums that lasts for many minutes if i clean between my tooth with floss. and had even a blood spot in one of my eyes once because of bleeding.

When i took vitamin k1 with K2 mk4 and 7, for a week or two, the excessive bleeding stopped (confirmed by my dentist, before vitamin supplements, my dentist said i was severely hypophilia, had to cancel the procedure that day cause she could not stop the bleeding). I also took some aspirin and vitamin E that week, with no vitamin k...

now I'm afraid to take vitamin e or aspirin.

Should i be afraid to supplement with vitamin D3 ? or should i do it with vitamin k1 and k2 or maybe 20000 ui is too much ?

Considering my low levels, i thought high dosage would be faster, as my goal is having blood levels of 60 ng +

since I'm overweight, i think i need at least 8000 ui to get to that level. maybe less during summer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals