Sun Shoots My Libido Up

squanch

Sunbeds will produce the same "feel good" effect and increase in libido. I think they are a good option during winter. A lot of people who don't live in northern Europe underestimate how dark winters actually are here.

I also have never gotten the same effect from vitamin d supplementation.
Bee pollen is something that will give me the same libido boost during the first 2-3 weeks, it stops after that though. I've also noticed a libido increase from larger doses of zinc (100 mg +).

Energy.png

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Sunbeds will produce the same "feel good" effect and increase in libido. I think they are a good option during winter. A lot of people who don't live in northern Europe underestimate how dark winters actually are here.

Energy.png

Bee pollen is something that will give me the same libido boost during the first 2-3 weeks, it stops after that though. I've also noticed a libido increase from larger doses of zinc (100 mg +).

Thanks man. Yeah most of the year it is dark and cold. Really tough environment to live in.

raypeatclips

I have heard Peat mention there are probably beneficial things in fruits that we haven't discovered what they yet, and eating certain fruits for a few days it is clear something beneficial is going on, I think he was specifically talking about cherimoya.

It wouldn't surprise me if the same was true of the sun, that there is something else going on. It has many beneficial things, UV light to produce vitamin D, red light, heat, brightness. Yet doing each of these supplementally wouldn't give the same reaction as going in the sun.

biggirlkisss

some say it may pulse which increases benefits. Another thing to consider is cherries reduce my anxiety a lot more then other fruits.

Waynish

Please note that females are often less clothed during high-sun viewing.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Please note that females are often less clothed during high-sun viewing.

I was pretty isolated on my balcony so it's not that. Just a half hour warm sun exposure has driven me crazy libido wise which felt amazing.

Paradoxically, I am more attracted to women that are clothed modest rather than to women that expose themselves.

Last edited:

EIRE24

Energy.png
100% agree sunbeds help.

Cirion

This is why I'm trying hard to move to Melbourne FL just minutes from the beach, and it is warm weather almost year round there at least compared to St Louis. Unfortunately my career makes it somewhat of a pain to move, but it'll be worth it for my health.

Sunlight is definitely one of the #1 factors in health that doesn't get the attention it deserves, when it is literally as important as diet and sleep for health.

Luckytype

This is why I'm trying hard to move to Melbourne FL just minutes from the beach, and it is warm weather almost year round there at least compared to St Louis. Unfortunately my career makes it somewhat of a pain to move, but it'll be worth it for my health.

Sunlight is definitely one of the #1 factors in health that doesn't get the attention it deserves, when it is literally as important as diet and sleep for health.

Damn, St. Louis is an improvement from where I am at. Is it that bad? I was just looking at work out there..

Last edited:

Cirion

Damn, St. Louis is an improvement from where I am at. Is it that bad? I was just looking at work out there..

If it's an improvement from where you are, then go for it I say. It's certainly not the worst (nothing like Alaska for ex). But it's not the best either, compared to some places the winters are mild, but I still strongly dislike winters here. It still gets below zero (deg F) here sometimes in winter. Vs. Melbourne which is like 60-80 deg in winter often lol

InChristAlone

Yes, St. Louis still has a long winter. We want to move to Florida too, we are just sick of the midwest winters. This year it's dragging on and on, we are supposed to get snow tonight in Nebraska.

crestind

Sunlight - Wikipedia

Sunlight is a range of electromagnetic energies. I would attribute it to vitamin D synthesis from the UV and also the infrared. So basically "sunlight boost your libido because sunlight"

My experience with sunlight is the same, everything you mentioned from the libido and improved mood to the weight (fat) loss with no effort.

The fat loss seems logical in the context of sunlight exposure. No sunlight means less vitamin D synthesis (possibly deficient). Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin so the body has it on reserve stored in bodyfat. If the body's systems find that less is generated from lack of sunlight, maybe it compensates by increasing bodyfat so it has a larger "ballast" to store extra vitamin D in "anticipation" of sunlight scarcity conditions it is experiencing. Seems to make sense.

(There's also some new research that suggests lack of vitamin D can cause hypertension... African Americans have high rates of hypertension.)

Vitamin D3 supplementation has no noticeable effect for me either, except to cause me to get angular cheilitis that refuses to heal.

T

TheBeard

Sun light has many positive effects that could enhance libido. If you were getting IR light on your nads then this has been shown to increase sperm/testostorone production. I would assume this is via red lights effects on mitochondria/cytc oixdase or it's structuring of water. If the light was hitting your neck/thyroid, it could have increased thyroid by the same mechanism.

If the sun was hitting your eyes and skin it can turn on or off, depending on the time of day, a bunch of hormones like DHEA Cortisol melationin dopamine adrenaline etc. It can do this by the light directly affecting them in your blood or eye, or via circadian rhythm mechanisms.

It’s more simple than that: it raises vitamin D levels

SB4

It’s more simple than that: it raises vitamin D levels
I agree that increasing vitamin D is beneficial and could be the reason for increased libido however I do not think it's the only thing. The mainstream view seems to be that the only benefit of sunlight is increased vit D and I think that is only one of many benefits achieved from sun exposure.

JohnA

Old thread, but just wanted to add that I started going to indoor tanning beds 1-2x weekly in early December and have been experiencing all the positive effects mentioned in this thread. I do 8-10 minutes in the lowest pressure bed with the face portion off and a towel over my face. I usually break into a full body sweat during the session, so I’m getting the UV and temperature reset double whammy.

I split my time across the California Bay Area and the Northeast, and had been itching to plan a beach trip to either the Caribbean, Mexico, or Hawaii. Since starting this tanning bed regime, I’ve been content to stay home!

I also started Vitamin D supplementation around the same time (2,000 IU from Estroban and then another 4,000 IU from Carlsons liquid). My skin and scalp has been drier than usual lately, but I think it’s from the vit A in the estroban rather than the tanning (I am African American and my skin hasn’t really darkened much from the sessions).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals