Quick Short Term Desperate Need For A Deodorant Alternative

Josh

In need of something to use as a deodorant alternative for tomorrow morning ( here in the uk )..

If I was to spread some refined coconut oil in my armpits, would that be enough for the day?

Would this product be safe to use just for a few days to the armpits?? Crystal Classic Deodorant
I rather not be smelly than have a minor minor hiccup from using that ..?

Nokoni

Rubbing alcohol.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Milk of magnesia.

RobertJM

Rubbing alcohol.

Buy a roll-on. Open it up, empty out the gunk sold inside of it. Wash it out. Buy Milk of magnesia from the chemist. Put it into roll-on device. Use to your hearts content.

If I'm at work and in a desperate situation , the ethanol hand wash wiped under arm pits will instantly kill body odour. Yes I know hand wash comes with lots of nasty chemicals. But if you're desperate, you have no choice. I assume it's the ethanol that does the job.

I've never tried baking soda. Sounds a bit messy?

tara

Is baking soda the exact same thing as sodium of bicarbonate ?
Yes. I've never seen them used to mean anything else.

Herbie

Old spice classic stick deodorant.

Im not sure about other countries but the Australian ones ingredients are:

Alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium, water, fragrance, tetrasodium edta, yellow 10, green 5.

Its the cleanest one sold in Australia.

tara

I rather not be smelly than have a minor minor hiccup from using that ..?
If you've never used baking soda in the pits before, note that some of us find it irritating. I've found mixing a little in with coconut oil mitigates, but makes it less effective if you dilute it too much.

DK580

Apply a dab of zinc oxide ointment under each arm.

I think that zinc kills the bacteria that cause odor.

I've been doing this for about 15+ years. It works great and is completely non-irritating (zinc cream is good for skin issues.)

A small tube of zinc cream lasts a very long time, and after a while daily application no longer seems to be necessary (smell gone), so it lasts even longer.

Look for the product that has ingredients of zinc oxide, mineral oil, white petroleum & white wax.

NOTE: DO NOT get the ones that include Vitamins A & D unless you want to smell like a fish.

Also, I stay away from the "Crystal Deoderant" products because they contain aluminum (which they label as "alum" so as not to scare off potential customers.)

Soren

Forum Supporter
Primal Pit paste is a pretty good option if you don't want to make it yourself. It is made from coconut oil and baking soda. I've ordered some myself to try and I've heard it works really well. Some people apparently have a bad reaction to the essential oils they put in it to give it scent but I'm giving the scentless a go.

Primal Pit Paste™ | Natural Deodorant That Works | P3 Pure

Atman

Bicarbonate of soda in your hand, put a little water onto it so it's not just dry powder. Rub into armpits, zero smell.
This 100%.
It's best used directly after the shower and if applied correctly it will prevent any smell for at least 24 hours.