Great Success With Very Low Starch (maybe It's No Wheat?)

The odd thing is that in the old days, doing without starch or doing without bread didn't seem to help matters any.

However at this point, I think that I am pretty PUFA depleted, my temps get to be 98.5 or so (compared the high 96s or low 97s) and in much better health all around.

So the last few days I've been starch free until dinner when I have a potato or rice, while cooked of course.

And I have been feeling so much better.

I don't get sleepy as much during the day, despite there being very bad allergies.

My allergies seem to be much much better, not sure why.

And I am not taking activated charcoal, nor do I need it.

I'm pretty excited about this. Not sure if it's the lack of bread altogether or if it's just very low starch. Yesterday I did feel depressed for a while and I think it was because of low starch. But today I'm fine again.

I drink a lot of ripe orange juice and eat ripe fruit, and have honey in my coffee. But only at dinner have I eaten starch and not that much either. Pretty crazy.

Anyway it hasn't been very long but so far I'm super impressed. Not sure why it's making such a huge difference now and it didn't before.

lvysaur

what else are you eating in the morning?

OP
ecstatichamster
what else are you eating in the morning?

fruit, occasionally an egg or two, maybe a grass fed hotdog. Today some sauteed seafood.

Collagen, juice, coffee.

White chicken breast later on, with a bit of low fat cheese.

Arnold Grape

That's pretty good -- I've decided to mess around with no starch again, based on a lot of posts like these I've been reading.

OP
ecstatichamster
we are in a different place sometimes than we were. I tried low/no starch a few years ago but then I just wasn't benefiting from it. Maybe I was, but it didn't seem that way. No I am. I think it's a good reason to try new (and natural) mechanisms sometimes.

sladerunner69

The odd thing is that in the old days, doing without starch or doing without bread didn't seem to help matters any.

However at this point, I think that I am pretty PUFA depleted, my temps get to be 98.5 or so (compared the high 96s or low 97s) and in much better health all around.

So the last few days I've been starch free until dinner when I have a potato or rice, while cooked of course.

And I have been feeling so much better.

I don't get sleepy as much during the day, despite there being very bad allergies.

My allergies seem to be much much better, not sure why.

And I am not taking activated charcoal, nor do I need it.

I'm pretty excited about this. Not sure if it's the lack of bread altogether or if it's just very low starch. Yesterday I did feel depressed for a while and I think it was because of low starch. But today I'm fine again.

I drink a lot of ripe orange juice and eat ripe fruit, and have honey in my coffee. But only at dinner have I eaten starch and not that much either. Pretty crazy.

Anyway it hasn't been very long but so far I'm super impressed. Not sure why it's making such a huge difference now and it didn't before.

I think gut health has a lot to do with euphoric vibes.

Wagner83

How many bm do you have without the charcoal and with more fibers? Did you check the difference in nutrition out of curiosity? I think starch is annoying to cook in the morning and tricky energy-wise for lunch. But lunch is tricky by itself, perhaps a reason why some prefer tw big meals a day.

theLaw

we are in a different place sometimes than we were. I tried low/no starch a few years ago but then I just wasn't benefiting from it. Maybe I was, but it didn't seem that way. No I am. I think it's a good reason to try new (and natural) mechanisms sometimes.

I think that this can be from better Thyroid function.

When you need 3000+ calories per day to feel normal, it's a tough sell to remove starch; possible, but very difficult to maintain.

Personally, I've seen huge changes by adding more high-quality protein, adding Thyroid (Tyromix), and stabilizing blood-sugar with fruit juice + Taurine. This has rectified the "leaky-bucket" feeling of constantly having to add more food to feel normal. Until this is fixed, your just trying to flood your body with nutrition while much of it is lost in the process. It also explains why some people can adapt to Peat's suggestions very easily, while others find it impossible.

OP
ecstatichamster
How many bm do you have without the charcoal and with more fibers? Did you check the difference in nutrition out of curiosity? I think starch is annoying to cook in the morning and tricky energy-wise for lunch. But lunch is tricky by itself, perhaps a reason why some prefer tw big meals a day.

2 or 3 now versus 1 with charcoal. Much faster gut transit time now.

Wagner83

Haidut said at 2 a day he was in his twenties and 3 was highschool time (starts endurance training again, scientific knowledge drops??). I agree with this this to an extent . Ray said the bowels should move after every meal. What made you stop the mushrooms?
I find hard cheese constipating (among other things), perhaps eating it with plenty of whole fruits keeps
things moving.

OP
ecstatichamster
gross out alert - defecation being discussed

So last night I had spinach that I wasn't enthused about eating. It was bitter. I just don't enjoy veggies much these days. It was well-cooked. I ate it. The next morning, maybe 12 hours later, it's showing up when I defecate. That is amazing gut transit time compared to the old days. And it also tells me that I probably should have stuck to my intuitive aversion and not eaten it.

Anyway, it's still quite magical what happens to me without starch. No charcoal for almost a week now. Don't need it, don't want it. I went completely starch free yesterday. I will eat a bit of well cooked potato salad tonight as my first and only starch of the day.

This is really good.

Wagner83

I think no starch can work but for most, given they have access to ripe fruits and have the funds for it, eating whole fruits rather than juice would be much better (fibers, transit, digestion). I wonder if candidas can slow down transit time.

OP
ecstatichamster
at this stage, I think mostly from saturated fats. At this stage, meaning if you can avoid starch and still feel great, then saturated fats are better I think.

OP
ecstatichamster
Having sleep issues with no starch. But I am persevering on the theory that it takes a little time for the gut to adjust.

G Forrest

Good to hear. I’ve gone limited starch and feel a lot more balanced throughout the day. Not high or hyper energized just feeling even keel. I do a little rice or potato at the dinner because my family is having it.

Also I definitely notice negative feedback when eating gluten particularly cramping. It may have been that way all along I just never noticed. So I’ve pretty much cut that out altogether to good results.