Vitamin D Dosage And Combos

Jeemmy

Hello all :) I just got my labs now and I'm very happy because (even if I'm cutting down to very low bf%) my TSH is still improving (I went from 4.3 2 years ago to 2.1 6 month ago to 1.6 now). The only bad new is that my D is very low. I used to supp it but this winter I didn't because I felt really well and got zero flus or so. But now that I tested I think I need to come back to it. I read on the forum that it is a good idea to take D3 with other fat solubles. What dosage and combinations do you suggest? (currently my D is 19mcg/L)
Thanks in advance :)

OP
J

Jeemmy

Thanks mito, I gave it a read. It seems like it would be better to not supplement?

Mito

Thanks mito, I gave it a read. It seems like it would be better to not supplement?
Well there is not really a consensus opinion on vitamin D supplementation. Peat seems to consistently recommend a 25(OH)D level around 50 and for some people supplementation is needed to achieve that level. Chris Masterjohn believes the 25(OH)D level should be set according to PTH levels. So if you choose to supplement, then periodic 25(OH)D testing along with at least PTH is probably a good idea.

OP
J

Jeemmy

I think I'll try to take as much sunlight as I can and then check again if levels goes up along with PTH as you suggested. Thanks again :)

tomisonbottom

Hello all :) I just got my labs now and I'm very happy because (even if I'm cutting down to very low bf%) my TSH is still improving (I went from 4.3 2 years ago to 2.1 6 month ago to 1.6 now). The only bad new is that my D is very low. I used to supp it but this winter I didn't because I felt really well and got zero flus or so. But now that I tested I think I need to come back to it. I read on the forum that it is a good idea to take D3 with other fat solubles. What dosage and combinations do you suggest? (currently my D is 19mcg/L)
Thanks in advance :)

I took 5,000 a day for probably 3, or 4 months and took my vitamin D from 35 to 65.

Curious, what have you done to lower your TSH?