Niacinamide Experience

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
@Emstar1892

This studyNicotinamide and its derivatives increase growth hormone and prolactin synthesis in cultured GH3 cells: role for ADP-ribosylation in modulating spe... - PubMed - NCBI

found that niacinamide specifically, as well as it's derivatives,

enhance the synthesis of growth hormone. This seems to be achieving the exact opposite of what most of us are taking niacinamide for, suppressed fatty acids and reduced stress hormones. The GH (stress hormone) will actually result in elevated FFA because it is lipolytic. I actually stumbled upon some of these studies while reading a blog about how niacinamide is a useful tool for weightless because, while it may temporarily lower fat liberation, it will lead to an eventual increase in cortisol and growth hormone, enhancing lipolysis

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
I'm taking 500 mgs
3 times a day with meals

My sleep pattern is getting better

B3 Plays a role in that I believe

DaveFoster

Niacinamide is a powerful anxiolytic and synergizes perfectly with caffeine. Coffee + skim milk + sugar + niacinamide + thiamine = brain power.

Chocolate (or cocoa), pregnenolone, aspirin, nicotine, and some bag breathing and you're good to go work for 14 hours.

Acarpous

I usually take 3-5 g a day without any particular side effects. Though yesterday I took several grams (~8) throughout the day and spent the majority of the day today locked in bed and have a sore throat and am slightly nauseas, though the latter may be due to the weather turning.This was the most debilitating experience I have had with the material and will be reducing my daily dose back to 3g throughout the day.

Luann

Both niacin and niacinamide have given me groggy mornings and headaches. I threw out most of a bottle of niacinamide once, frustrated with it. Would like to try it again though.

Luann

Just tried niacinamide last night and felt awful this morning. I was outdoors with plants a lot yesterday which may have triggered my headache but the niacinamide seemed to take things to a new level, pain-wise. Will have to try it with a big meal.

Frankdee20

I’ve grown accustomed to the blood sugar lowering effect of Niacinamide. I simply take a 500 mg capsule with a decent breakfast, juice, coffee with sugar, another coffee. I pair it with simple B6 and Zinc, and the energy effect along with mood elevation from B6 is very good. It’s one supplement I will continue with. I balance this out with B complex here and there. B3 and B6 really agree with me.

Andy316

I have been taking Bluebonnet 500mg Niacinamide(1 capsule with breakfast) last 3 days and noticed hair fall. Is this a side effect because it raises DHT? Have others experienced this?

YourUniverse

Niacinamide is a powerful anxiolytic and synergizes perfectly with caffeine. Coffee + skim milk + sugar + niacinamide + thiamine = brain power.

Chocolate (or cocoa), pregnenolone, aspirin, nicotine, and some bag breathing and you're good to go work for 14 hours.
Add L-theanine to the top line and I'm totally with you

DaveFoster

Add L-theanine to the top line and I'm totally with you
I'd prefer L-theanine over niacinamide. The former has less sedation and doesn't lower blood sugar as dramatically. It's also more beneficial for the liver, whereas niacinamide can elevate liver enzymes.

Frankdee20

I'd prefer L-theanine over niacinamide. The former has less sedation and doesn't lower blood sugar as dramatically. It's also more beneficial for the liver, whereas niacinamide can elevate liver enzymes.

Thanks, see this was always a bit unclear and mixed up. I thought too much Niacin had the liver caveat. Specifically, those time release Niacin formulations for high lipids.

Fitbitz

Been experemeting with N the last few days. It made my adrenaline/cortisol crazy. It also made me crazy horny, in an uncomfortable way.

RobertJM

Been experemeting with N the last few days. It made my adrenaline/cortisol crazy. It also made me crazy horny, in an uncomfortable way.

Sounds like a bad reaction. Have you considered trying a different batch?

Fitbitz

Sounds like a bad reaction. Have you considered trying a different batch?
It's the powder from bulk supplements. The reactions seem consistent with other accounts that I have read, but I will take that into consideration. Thanks

Fitbitz

It's great for the face. I take a 1/4 teaspoon of N diluted in a 4oz sprayer. Dilute it with water. Spray on face,and seal in with a dab of raw honey. Works woders

Nemo

Not long after the well-known study hit the news about the scientist that had cured Alzheimer's in mice, using high doses of niacinamide (haidut has linked to it here), I began giving my mother niacinamide for her memory problems. The scientist was already starting trials on humans and had completed the toxicity part of the study, so I wasn't too worried about safety.

Started at 500 mg a day. Over a few weeks worked up to 3000 mg in six 500 mg doses throughout the day.

At first she said it was like a window had been flung open in her brain. She had been unable to remember the date or year, the name of the city where she was living, or where my stepfather was (he was in the hospital). Now she could remember all these things again.

But only five or six days after she said that (roughly a month after starting the niacinamide) she started fainting all over the place. At first it kept seeming like it was due to other causes--getting out of a long, hot bath, for example. Then she went into what I thought of as a seizure, although I don't know if it was technically what a doctor would call a seizure. Her eyes were open and she could understand us but she couldn't walk or talk. There were no symptoms typical of a stroke, like a crooked facial expression or unequal grip strength.

We bundled her off to the ER. She was already able to talk a bit again, though she still couldn't walk. They didn't think it was a stroke but they admitted her to the hospital with high blood pressure. She was released from the hospital a few days later with blood pressure meds.

Since then her memory problems have come and gone. Mostly they reappear under severe stress and resolve within a few weeks. Reportedly the scientist's Alzheimer's/niacinamide study is getting exciting results.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals