- metergoline
- tianeptine
- cacao
- b6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride)
- phosphatidylserine
- vitamin A
- inosine
- vitamin C
- vitamin K & napthaquinones (tetracycline, coq10 etc.)
- methylene blue
- acetazolamide
- zinc
- uridine
- nicotine
- taurine
- lisuride
- aspirin
- bromocriptine
- memantine
- caffeine

Decreasing dopamine:

- Nitric Oxide
- BCAA
- saturated fat
- niacin / niacinamide
- folate
- manganese
- dmae
- b5
- copper
- fluorescent light
- clonidine
- b1

japanesedude

10-20mg pyridoxine hydrochloride gives me mild but continuous focus through the day. but sadly no effects for libido and puffy nipples.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

10-20mg pyridoxine hydrochloride gives me mild but continuous focus through the day. but sadly no effects for libido and puffy nipples.
Interesting. I notice a similar positive effect from pyridoxine which I don't get from b6p5p. I think zinc alongside the pyridoxine really helps

DaveFoster

KyleKingsly

@Joeyd, yes Bromantane is one of the best things I know for sustainably boosting dopamine, as it upregulates tyrosine hydroxylase, the rate limiting enzyme for dopamine production. Highly recommend, I had some of that stuff from Nootropics Source a while ago and was getting subtle but nice, clean, confidence, motivating, and mood brightening effects from it. Taking that stuff with tianeptine sulfate made my life feel smooth and chill, and whenever I missed a dose I'd miss that great feeling.

You can also try look tetrahydrobiopterin from irc.bio, I can't explain that one as well but look it up. It's another limiting factor in dopamine production, essentially.

japanesedude

Interesting. I notice a similar positive effect from pyridoxine which I don't get from b6p5p. I think zinc alongside the pyridoxine really helps
to my knowledge,pyridoxine hydrochloride is a 5AR enchancer and P5P is a 5AR Inhibitor.
taking 30mg L-optizinc(Nowfoods brand) before bed knocks me down and I can sleep like a baby.
I also get better erection quality on zinc.
It is really a 'all in one ' supplement. (aromatase inhibitor&lowering cortisol and prolactin)

jyb

Vitamin C raising dopamine? I think only a small number on that list can raise it meaningfully and reliably. I don't believe many on that anti-dopamine list are meaningfully negative either. This comment is based on my own multiple years long experiments with dopamine and mood.

Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

@Joeyd, yes Bromantane is one of the best things I know for sustainably boosting dopamine, as it upregulates tyrosine hydroxylase, the rate limiting enzyme for dopamine production. Highly recommend, I had some of that stuff from Nootropics Source a while ago and was getting subtle but nice, clean, confidence, motivating, and mood brightening effects from it. Taking that stuff with tianeptine sulfate made my life feel smooth and chill, and whenever I missed a dose I'd miss that great feeling.

You can also try look tetrahydrobiopterin from irc.bio, I can't explain that one as well but look it up. It's another limiting factor in dopamine production, essentially.
Thanks for the recommendation. Sounds very interesting. What do pear and haidut say about bromantane?

haidut

Forum Supporter

KyleKingsly

Correct if I'm wrong, since you definitely know more about this stuff than I do, but doesn't the study say "DHEAS and ALLO, but not DHEA, also affected catecholamine synthesis." So your Pansterone, for example, wouldn't affect catecholamine synthesis because you have DHEA and not DHEAS in there?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Correct if I'm wrong, since you definitely know more about this stuff than I do, but doesn't the study say "DHEAS and ALLO, but not DHEA, also affected catecholamine synthesis." So your Pansterone, for example, wouldn't affect catecholamine synthesis because you have DHEA and not DHEAS in there?

A good portion of DHEA converts into DHEAS once in the body. The DHEAS is just the long term storage form of DHEA. Same with pregnenolone - once in the body a good portion of it becomes pregnenolone sulfate (PS).

Back
Top Bottom