Plants And Insects As A Source Of Steroids

LeeLemonoil

promotes woundhealing in diabetic rats.... more effective than methyluracil which seems to be a general metabolism-regeneration medication
Phytoecdysteroids-containing extract from Stachys hissarica plant and its wound-healing activity.

Ramazanov NS1, Bobayev ID1, Yusupova UY1, Aliyeva NK2, Egamova FR1, Yuldasheva NK1, Syrov VN1.
Author information
Abstract

A number of phytoecdysteroid compounds, such as ecdysterone, polipodin V, 2-deoxy-20-hydroxyecdysone, integristeron A and 2-deoxydizon were isolated from Stachys hissarica plant and their structures were confirmed by NMR, mass and IR spectroscopy. In addition, the biological activity of the S. hissarica plant's extract was tested on rats for wound healing activity. It was shown that the extract at repeated oral (per os) administration at a dose of 10 mg/kg speeds up the healing process of linear skin wounds in rats. The wound-healing activity of S. hissarica extract is confirmed to be effective and exceeds known drug methyluracil (2,4-dioxo-6-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydropyrimidine), especially in case of alloxan induced diabetic animals.

LeeLemonoil

Redblood-cell regenration like "Nerobol"
[The results of experimental study of phytoecdysteroids as erythropoiesis stimulators in laboratory animals].

[Article in Russian]
Syrov VN, Nasyrova SS, Khushbaktova ZA.
Abstract
Phytoecdysteroids alpha-ecdysone, 2-desoxyecdysterone, ecdysterone, sileneoside A, and turkesterone isolated from Rhaponticum carthamoides (Willd.) IIjin, Silene brahuica Boiss and Ajuga turkestanica (Rgl.) Repeated administration of brig increased the content of erythrocytes and hemoglobin in the blood of intact rats. The most active of them--ecdysterone, sileneoside A, and, particularly turkesterone, cause also a marked effect on red blood regeneration in hemotoxic phenylhydrazine anemia. In its capacity for simulating erythropoiesis turkesterone resembles the well-known steroidal anabolic drug nerobol.

LeeLemonoil

Well f...me, the improved parameters read just like from the Peat-Textbook. If anybody with ability to understand russian could gain access to the study that would be very appreictated.

[Stress-protective properties of phytoecdysteroids]. - PubMed - NCBI

[Stress-protective properties of phytoecdysteroids].
[Article in Russian]
Syrov VN, Islamova ZhI, Égamova FR, Iuldasheva NKh, Khushbaktova ZA.
Abstract
Introduction of phytoecdysteroids (ecdysterone, turkesterone and ñyasterone) to rats subjected to prolonged immobilization stress significantly decreased involution of the thymus and spleen, contributed to normalization of increased mass of adrenal glands, and restored their content of ascorbic acid and cholesterol. In the liver of stressed animals, phytoecdysteroids prevented sharp decrease in the glycogen concentration, showed a clear trend toward normalization of the ratio of lactic and pyruvic acids, maintained homeostasis of macroergic phosphorus compounds, and increased the activity of antioxidant enzymes that inhibit lipid peroxidation. With respect to the stress-protective activity, the studied phytoecdysteroids are in some cases superior to eleutherococcus extract.

@haidut any chance on finding the entire russian publiction

@Travis
Pls have a look at the linked up papers if you pls

Travis

@Travis
You should checkout the effect of brassinosteroids and TGF-β. I think this could be the most highly-studied plant–animal steroid relationship and could give a person another reason to eat kale.

haidut

Forum Supporter

@Travis

I can try but I am not sure the ecdysteroids are safe. Some of them enlarge the liver even in very low doses, which suggests they are estrogenic. Prolactin (which is closely linked to estrogen) is a molting hormone and the ecdysteroids are molting hormones in insects.
"Estrogen Dominance": How To Evaluate It?
"...RP: Yeah, that sort of fills in for their lack of evidence. But when you look at the actual hormone situation of people with lots of hair on their head and with not much, what you see is an excess of prolactin and cortisol in the people losing their hair, both men and women. When you look at the effect of testosterone on the growth of the hair shaft, the higher testosterone makes it grow thicker and faster. And prolactin tends to cause it to fall out. In chickens and other birds it's known as the molting hormone. In humans, it's a milk-producing hormone, largely, but it also regulates practically every other cell in the body, and it has that analogous function of terminating the growth cycle of the hair shaft. And cortisol and prolactin both rise during stress. For a long time, people have been noticing the association of baldness with heart disease and also with a crease in the earlobe. Both of those have been challenged repeatedly, but there is clear evidence that they are associated. What links those is also connected to prolactin and high cortisol, which is the low energy production, a thyroid deficiency tendency, letting the metabolism of cholesterol go down more towards increased cortisol and less towards progesterone and testosterone, and the DHEA; things that do promote hair growth."

J

jb116

@haidut do lactating mothers lose hair? Just trying to make a connection between the idea of prolactin and hair loss.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut do lactating mothers lose hair? Just trying to make a connection between the idea of prolactin and hair loss.

Yes, some of them do. I think the ones with low progesterone experience the most hair loss and there is a link between pre-eclampsia (high estrogen) and hair loss after the baby is born.

LeeLemonoil

I don't see newer research confirming the connection between Ecdysone and Prolactin. Yes, Prolactin in some very few animals is "a" molting hormone but that does not mean Ecdysone is prolactin-like in humans. There was much speculation
about Juvenile Hormone relation to Thyroid and so forth, but it was never confounded by newer research. Without having the last definite word about it, I thin this is one instcance where Peat's reliance on older research is not helpful

haidut

Forum Supporter
I don't see newer research confirming the connection between Ecdysone and Prolactin. Yes, Prolactin in some very few animals is "a" molting hormone but that does not mean Ecdysone is prolactin-like in humans. There was much speculation
about Juvenile Hormone relation to Thyroid and so forth, but it was never confounded by newer research. Without having the last definite word about it, I thin this is one instcance where Peat's reliance on older research is not helpful

Are you familiar with Maral Root? It is used as an adaptogen in Russia and athletes also use it.
Rhaponticum carthamoides - Wikipedia

User @Wagner83 and I tried it, and I think he has experience with some other ecdysteroid-containing herbs. So, maybe he can share more info.

Wagner83

Are you familiar with Maral Root? It is used as an adaptogen in Russia and athletes also use it.
Rhaponticum carthamoides - Wikipedia

User @Wagner83 and I tried it, and I think he has experience with some other ecdysteroid-containing herbs. So, maybe he can share more info.
I didn't, we discussed it and I was telling you about ajuga and turkesterone, but apparently along with improvements in mood, physical performance and energy levels it can easily give insomnia and increase the effects of caffeine (in a bad way that is). Of course bodybuilders don't necessarily follow Ray's ideas and their liver may be in a bad state, so it may be worth a shot, but I don't have the funds to try it atm. From what I remember you liked Maral root.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I didn't, we discussed it and I was telling you about ajuga and turkesterone, but apparently along with improvements in mood, physical performance and energy levels it can easily give insomnia and increase the effects of caffeine (in a bad way that is). Of course bodybuilders don't necessarily follow Ray's ideas and their liver may be in a bad state, so it may be worth a shot, but I don't have the funds to try it atm. From what I remember you liked Maral root.

Yes, I liked it when combined with some Tribulus but it does get stimulating when taken after 5pm and it can affect sleep.

LeeLemonoil

I know of Maral Root and Ajuga too. I was interested in trying out both because along with Ecdysone and Turkesterone, These plants carry other minor ecdysteroids as well, making them probably much more tonic and favourable than pure isolated compounds. Alas in freakin Germany you can't get hold of quality stuff and Imports from russia would get seized.
I found a publication about Ajuga or Rhaponticum that showed the plants contain progesterone and pregnanediols as well. Will post here soon

LeeLemonoil

Strike the above brabble about progesterone, I confused stuff. No preg-derivates in these plants.

Wagner83

I know of Maral Root and Ajuga too. I was interested in trying out both because along with Ecdysone and Turkesterone, These plants carry other minor ecdysteroids as well, making them probably much more tonic and favourable than pure isolated compounds. Alas in freakin Germany you can't get hold of quality stuff and Imports from russia would get seized.
I found a publication about Ajuga or Rhaponticum that showed the plants contain progesterone and pregnanediols as well. Will post here soon
You can try exubol 200 from boldanic.

Anyone ever try black ant powder?? I've always been intrigued. Polyrhachis Vicina Roger, supposedly highly regarded in TCM....

LeeLemonoil

No indications in the literature for these phyto-steroids to be suppresive on androgen synthesis.
Ecdy exerts effects through ERbeta but imo in an androgenic way like some DHT-metabolites do
I read anecdotal stuff about Pine Pollen being so potently androgenic that they shut down the axis when overused. Probably just Imagination

Wagner83

No indications in the literature for these phyto-steroids to be suppresive on androgen synthesis.
Ecdy exerts effects through ERbeta but imo in an androgenic way like some DHT-metabolites do
I read anecdotal stuff about Pine Pollen being so potently androgenic that they shut down the axis when overused. Probably just Imagination
Pine pollen has hormones like androsterone though doesn't it?

vulture

Ecdysteroids: A novel class of anabolic agents?
"The anabolic potency of the ecdysterone was comparable or even higher as found for the anabolic androgenic steroids, SARMs or IGF-1. Moreover in-silico docking experiments support the postulated non-androgenic mechanism of ecdysterone. More likely and in agreement to the experimental data anabolic activity of ecdysterone is mediated via binding to the ER particularly ER beta. With respect to doping prevention the high anabolic potency of ecdysterone justifies its classification as an anabolic agent and therefore needs to be listed in the category “S1 Anabolic Agents” of the list of prohibited substances of the World Anti-Doping Agency"

Fry_Shut_Up_And__4fedcced29f15_1024x1024.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom