Douglas Ek

I've tried using Diamant everywhere from 6-20 drops for a couple of days. I don't seem to like it. It gives me brain fog, dysphoria, derealisation, and headaches. Very similar from what I get from tyrosine and phenylalanine. It's strange if it's the dopamine because I don't get this from Ritalin, cocaine and other direct dopamine stimulants. Guess it's not for everyone :(

Vinero

I've tried using Diamant everywhere from 6-20 drops for a couple of days. I don't seem to like it. It gives me brain fog, dysphoria, derealisation, and headaches. Very similar from what I get from tyrosine and phenylalanine. It's strange if it's the dopamine because I don't get this from Ritalin, cocaine and other direct dopamine stimulants. Guess it's not for everyone :(
Yes, this is a well-known side effect with adamantane and memantine. If you dose too high or too fast you end up with uncomfortable brain fog.
See my previous post, I explained adamantane antagonizes nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) which causes brain fog.
However the brain quickly upregulates the nAChRs (within days) and the brain fog will disappear if you stay at the same dose for a few days.
Anytime you increase the dose you will get brain fog for a few days, until the nAChRs upregulate.
After the brain fog fades however, the feeling changes completely and it's dopaminergic and anti-glutamate effects dominate, which gives a sense of euphoria.
You have to stay at least a week on a very low dose: 5 mg or even 3 mg if you are very sensitive to the brain fog.
Then after a week increase the dose, you will experience brain fog again for a few days. And so on.
You have to have patience with Diamant but the effects are well-worth it. I can't even describe how great it feels once the brain fog leaves and you get all the positive effects from the Dopamine and NMDA antagonism. You just have to push through those first few days of brain fog.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yes, this is a well-known side effect with adamantane and memantine. If you dose too high or too fast you end up with uncomfortable brain fog.
See my previous post, I explained adamantane antagonizes nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) which causes brain fog.
However the brain quickly upregulates the nAChRs (within days) and the brain fog will disappear if you stay at the same dose for a few days.
Anytime you increase the dose you will get brain fog for a few days, until the nAChRs upregulate.
After the brain fog fades however, the feeling changes completely and it's dopaminergic and anti-glutamate effects dominate, which gives a sense of euphoria.
You have to stay at least a week on a very low dose: 5 mg or even 3 mg if you are very sensitive to the brain fog.
Then after a week increase the dose, you will experience brain fog again for a few days. And so on.
You have to have patience with Diamant but the effects are well-worth it. I can't even describe how great it feels once the brain fog leaves and you get all the positive effects from the Dopamine and NMDA antagonism. You just have to push through those first few days of brain fog.

Aside from the dopaminergic euphoria, anticholinergic activity is key to reversing learned helplessness and blocks a significant portion of estrogen's effects. There is also evidence that the adamantanes also have antihistamine effects, which inhibits the second major mechanism through which estrogen manifests its ill effects.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/dark-side-of-stress-learned-helplessness.shtml

jmojo

I haven't really combed through this whole thread yet so it may already have been discussed but can you use this alongside of cyproheptadine?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I haven't really combed through this whole thread yet so it may already have been discussed but can you use this alongside of cyproheptadine?

Don't see why not but since the reports are that it potentiates anything it is taken with I'd start with lower doses of both when used in combination.

ddjd

Diamant seems to go really well with BCAAs. I Have been experimenting with lowering serotonin with BCAAs lately again. It seems that the anti-serotonin effect is amplified by Diamant.

doesn't diamant potentiate the effects of most things you take it with? I'm trialling DHT + diamant at the moment and noticing some great effects

Vinero

doesn't diamant potentiate the effects of most things you take it with? I'm trialling DHT + diamant at the moment and noticing some great effects
Yes steroids are potentiated as well, especially saturated steroids like DHT, androsterone, 5a-dhp, etc

JAWBRAKR

A close friend has a rat that was taking 35mg adderall per day (15mg XR in the morning, 10mg XR in the afternoon) for approximately 18 months. He decided to take the rat off adderall and begin supplementing with diamant.

His rat abruptly stopped the adderall and started the following adamantane supplementation: 7 drops morning, 6 drops afternoon, 6 drops early evening.

Three days after beginning diamant and stopping adderall, he reports that his rat has no desire to resume taking adderall and is not experiencing any depersonalization or other side effects mentioned in this thread.

Wow! Iam trying to get off of adderrall myself i might have to give this a try. Any others have this expereince?

Hiwatt

Several days on 4 drops am/ 4 drops pm Diamant. Definitely seems to nudge up dopamine respectfully & assist in calmness throughout the day. Hoping to see if morning blood sugar readings tick down after a couple weeks (I am not diabetic but have morning glucose slightly north of 100, and afternoon non fasting around 85 which lends itself to excess cortisol issues) - I want to see the cortisol spike in the morning subside and this will likely show up in the blood glucose reading. Reversing years of damage from prescription antidepressants is my main goal as well as metabolism restoration, mood stabilization and skin and hair health.

Now I am completely off antidepressants and mood is stabilized with modest Tyromax supplementation and now a tad bit of Diamant. Calm and cool, no anxiety and good sense of wellbeing. Fingers crossed.

Shine On

Jsaute21

I have tried 10-15 idealabs supplements and i feel pretty confident saying diamant is my favorite one. As @haidut and @Vinero have pointed out, I do think it is something that is potentiated by other pro metabolic supplements like caffeine, andro, etc but it has helped me at work considerably.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Several days on 4 drops am/ 4 drops pm Diamant. Definitely seems to nudge up dopamine respectfully & assist in calmness throughout the day. Hoping to see if morning blood sugar readings tick down after a couple weeks (I am not diabetic but have morning glucose slightly north of 100, and afternoon non fasting around 85 which lends itself to excess cortisol issues) - I want to see the cortisol spike in the morning subside and this will likely show up in the blood glucose reading. Reversing years of damage from prescription antidepressants is my main goal as well as metabolism restoration, mood stabilization and skin and hair health.

Now I am completely off antidepressants and mood is stabilized with modest Tyromax supplementation and now a tad bit of Diamant. Calm and cool, no anxiety and good sense of wellbeing. Fingers crossed.

Shine On

Amazing, thanks so much for sharing!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have tried 10-15 idealabs supplements and i feel pretty confident saying diamant is my favorite one. As @haidut and @Vinero have pointed out, I do think it is something that is potentiated by other pro metabolic supplements like caffeine, andro, etc but it has helped me at work considerably.

Great, thanks! How much caffeine daily do you consume and is it at the same time as adamantane?

Jsaute21

Great, thanks! How much caffeine daily do you consume and is it at the same time as adamantane?
My caffeine intake ranges from 200 MG - 700 MG daily. I typically start my day with a coffee/cream/with 40-60 g sugar. 2 hours later i have breakfast, and i will take half a serving of diamant with a caffeine pill and occasionally either t3 or androsterone.

ddjd

anyone tried diamant with methylene blue - massive NO reduction? would it potentiate MB?

ddjd

Diamant felt very similar to bromocriptine to me, but much stronger. It precipitated a pretty serious migraine-type headache and left me feeling pretty loopy for most of the day. This was with 10 drops first thing upon waking. I've been investigating the connections between NMDA and iNOS, and I'm beginning to form a picture of feedback loops between nitric oxide levels and NMDA/dopamine activity. I will note that I tend to be very sensitive to dopaminergic compounds.

I did sleep noticeably better with very vivid and colorful dreams.
What is the link between Dopamine and nitric oxide?

DaveFoster

The drug bupropion (Wellbutrin) also blocks nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and can disrupt memory formation and result in "brain fog" during the first few weeks of administration.

Koveras

@KyleKingsly @haidut

Maybe relevant for some of those concerned about DAWS

J Psychiatr Pract. 2017 May;23(3):191-199. doi: 10.1097/PRA.0000000000000237.
The Role of Amantadine Withdrawal in 3 Cases of Treatment-Refractory Altered Mental Status.
Fryml LD1, Williams KR, Pelic CG, Fox J, Sahlem G, Robert S, Revuelta GJ, Short EB.

Amantadine, which was originally developed as an antiviral medication, functions as a dopamine agonist in the central nervous system and consequently is utilized in the treatment of Parkinson disease, drug-induced extrapyramidal reactions, and neuroleptic malignant syndrome. For reasons that are not entirely understood, abrupt changes in amantadine dosage can produce a severe withdrawal syndrome. Existing medical literature describes case reports of amantadine withdrawal leading to delirium, which at times has progressed to neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Amantadine withdrawal may be under-recognized by mental health clinicians, which has the potential to lead to protracted hospital courses and suboptimal outcomes. The goal of this case series is to highlight the role of amantadine withdrawal in the cases of 3 medically complex patients with altered mental status. In the first case, the cognitive side effects of electroconvulsive therapy masked acute amantadine withdrawal in a 64-year-old man with Parkinson disease. In the second case, a 75-year-old depressed patient developed a catatonic delirium when amantadine was discontinued. Finally, a refractory case of neuroleptic malignant syndrome in a 57-year-old patient with schizoaffective disorder rapidly resolved with the reintroduction of outpatient amantadine. These cases highlight several learning objectives regarding amantadine withdrawal syndrome: First, it may be concealed by co-occurring causes of delirium in medically complex patients. Second, its symptoms are likely to be related to a cortical and limbic dopamine shortage, which may be reversed with electroconvulsive therapy or reintroduction of amantadine. Third, its clinical presentation may occur on a spectrum and may include features suggestive of delirium, catatonia, or neuroleptic malignant syndrome.

"The common features among these cases suggest that risk factors for this withdrawal phenomenon may include being elderly, presence of advanced parkinsonism, and duration of amantadine therapy for longer than 1 year."

lifestyle

What would be an appropriate way to use Diamant in a lab rat to get the most benefit without putting it at risk of DAWS?

Koveras

What would be an appropriate way to use Diamant in a lab rat to get the most benefit without putting it at risk of DAWS?

The risk is probably low, but imagine sticking to lower doses and not using it continuously would help

Hiwatt

Is 10 drops a day considered low. I am 5x5am/5x5pm - seems to be just right for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals