Red Light Therapy: The Top 10 Most Amazing Benefits

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Thank you. I have the red light device mini and the infrared device mini as well. The incandescent bulbs make me feel fantastic however, after using them for a few minutes, and can bring me out of a rut within 15 minutes, or so. I feel much less from the red light devices. It would be a shame if they were causing me harm.

How are you using the red light device mini; what part of your body, how close, for how long, how often?

Constatine

Thank you. I have the red light device mini and the infrared device mini as well. The incandescent bulbs make me feel fantastic however, after using them for a few minutes, and can bring me out of a rut within 15 minutes, or so. I feel much less from the red light devices. It would be a shame if they were causing me harm.
Because of this comment I went out and bought a 250w heat lamp to test out the difference. Its hard to tell with just one trial but I do definitely feel good effects from it. I don't think the power density is high enough to cause damage but I don't know for sure what the power density would be for such a light.

Last edited:

X3CyO

sitting under redlight causes brain fog for me. Have you had that happen to you?
Any ideas why? Is it just due to higher localized glucose use?

@EndAllDisease

Constatine

sitting under redlight causes brain fog for me. Have you had that happen to you?

@EndAllDisease
I've noticed this when I overdosed on it. It has a biphastic dose response. In higher doses it produces too much ROS and even overheats the tissue. Try adjusting the dose, dose way less and perhaps only several times a week.

X3CyO

I've noticed this when I overdosed on it. It has a biphastic dose response. In higher doses it produces too much ROS and even overheats the tissue. Try adjusting the dose, dose way less and perhaps only several times a week.

Ok. Ill try to do that. I replaced my light in my room with red so I could stay up at night and fall asleep fine... But I've ended staying up until 2AM, and get up later now haha.

Zpol

@Daniel11 You seem to be quite the expert on this stuff.

I'm currently researching which light to get. I've got major health issues (mysterious flu-like illness, Celiac, SIBO, raynauds, migraines, allergies, food intolerances, and a bunch of other stuff). I know I should research for myself but I'm zoning in and out and can't really think straight at this time.
Can you suggest what might be best for my situation? Full body vs hand held, how long, low or no EMF output etc.

The full body ones seem quite nice but I'm not sure the type of light is best for long term healing (even with eyes closed). I like the idea of full body so that I can the effects on all body parts in one session.
What do you think about the Joovv full body light... "deliver red light at 660 nm, near infrared light at 850 nm, or a 50/50 configuration of both".

I would like to have one at my desk too but I'd be clothed when using so it would only hit my face and eyes... not sure that's a great idea either.

I have a 250 watt incandescent but not really noticing any effects.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
L

lollipop

@LifeGivingStore has a body light modeled after the Joovv for a more affordable price.

BL17 – Red & Infrared Body Light – Life Giving Store
@Zpol, I have the orange and red body light from @LifeGivingStore and I really love it!

I use it twice a week mainly for health maintenance, thus I can not make a comment on how it works on a less than ideal health situation. If you want the infrared and red light they have that body light as well like Charlie mentioned.

What I can comment on is the quality of my full body light - I lean it against my wall with a small microfiber towel at the point of connection with the wall so as not to scratch the paint. Sturdy, easy to turn on and off and you can control which range of color you prefer orange or red or both. For this infrared model, you might check out the specs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
@Daniel11 You seem to be quite the expert on this stuff.

I'm currently researching which light to get. I've got major health issues (mysterious flu-like illness, Celiac, SIBO, raynauds, migraines, allergies, food intolerances, and a bunch of other stuff). I know I should research for myself but I'm zoning in and out and can't really think straight at this time.
Can you suggest what might be best for my situation? Full body vs hand held, how long, low or no EMF output etc.

The full body ones seem quite nice but I'm not sure the type of light is best for long term healing (even with eyes closed). I like the idea of full body so that I can the effects on all body parts in one session.
What do you think about the Joovv full body light... "deliver red light at 660 nm, near infrared light at 850 nm, or a 50/50 configuration of both".

I would like to have one at my desk too but I'd be clothed when using so it would only hit my face and eyes... not sure that's a great idea either.

I have a 250 watt incandescent but not really noticing any effects.

Its important to understand the different was you can use light for healing, to me they are all important, the first is just the basic lighting in your home, for this i feel incandescent light bulbs offer the best range of wavelengths, during the last hour before sleeping it is best to only have red light illuminating your room, for this you can use red incandescent or red LED light bulbs.

The second way to use light is more intense light held within two to three feet of your body, that is what some people use the strong 250 watt bulbs for, but they create to much heat to hold close to the body.

The third way is whats called photobiomodulation, this is where you hold a LED light made specifically for this purpose that has the correct wavelengths, strength and focus, this light works best by holding it on the body or within a few inches of the body. For this type of light therapy i like and use the LGS1 from the Life Giving Store, there is other places to get it, but this one is the best price and it is run by Charlie and his family, Charlie oversees this whole forum and has put so much energy in to helping the members.

Orange and Red Light Therapy - LGS1

It has orange and red wavelengths that are very beneficial for enhancing mitochondria functioning. I feel the best way to use it is to get the light through the eyes and over the liver also just below the sternum and other locations you may like on the abdomen. Some folks like the bigger full body light units, i prefer the smaller handheld ones, and feel its better not to use infrared light for photobiomodulation especially through the eyes.

The last several pages of this thread has some good info you may find helpful about photobiomodulation.

Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

I find Hydrogen Water goes well with Red Light therapies and is very beneficial for the brain and digestion. This is the one i have..

https://hydrogen4health.com/product/spe-h2-hydrogen-rich-water-bottle/

Also these glasses are very helpful if you have to be outside or at places that have bright florescent lights, like shopping centers, stores, schools, airplanes and most commercial buildings. They also have red glasses you can wear at night the last hour or two before sleep.

TrueDark® Daywalker Elite | Biohacked

Zpol

@LifeGivingStore has a body light modeled after the Joovv for a more affordable price.

BL17 – Red & Infrared Body Light – Life Giving Store

Yes, thank you! I do like that price better!

@Zpol, I have the orange and red body light from @LifeGivingStore and I really love it!

I use it twice a week mainly for health maintenance, thus I can not make a comment on how it works on a less than ideal health situation. If you want the infrared and red light they have that body light as well like Charlie mentioned.

What I can comment on is the quality of my full body light - I lean it against my wall with a small microfiber towel at the point of connection with the wall so as not to scratch the paint. Sturdy, easy to turn on and off and you can control which range of color you prefer orange or red or both. For this infrared model, you might check out the specs.
Thanks for your input!

Its important to understand the different was you can use light for healing, to me they are all important, the first is just the basic lighting in your home, for this i feel incandescent light bulbs offer the best range of wavelengths, during the last hour before sleeping it is best to only have red light illuminating your room, for this you can use red incandescent or red LED light bulbs.

The second way to use light is more intense light held within two to three feet of your body, that is what some people use the strong 250 watt bulbs for, but they create to much heat to hold close to the body.

The third way is whats called photobiomodulation, this is where you hold a LED light made specifically for this purpose that has the correct wavelengths, strength and focus, this light works best by holding it on the body or within a few inches of the body. For this type of light therapy i like and use the LGS1 from the Life Giving Store, there is other places to get it, but this one is the best price and it is run by Charlie and his family, Charlie oversees this whole forum and has put so much energy in to helping the members.

It has orange and red wavelengths that are very beneficial for enhancing mitochondria functioning. I feel the best way to use it is to get the light through the eyes and over the liver also just below the sternum and other locations you may like on the abdomen. Some folks like the bigger full body light units, i prefer the smaller handheld ones, and feel its better not to use infrared light for photobiomodulation especially through the eyes.

The last several pages of this thread has some good info you may find helpful about photobiomodulation.

I find Hydrogen Water goes well with Red Light therapies and is very beneficial for the brain and digestion. This is the one i have..

Also these glasses are very helpful if you have to be outside or at places that have bright florescent lights, like shopping centers, stores, schools, airplanes and most commercial buildings. They also have red glasses you can wear at night the last hour or two before sleep.

Nice! Thank you, your reply is very helpful. I have been using my 250 watt incandescent in the evenings as ambient lighting while I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen. I clip it to the shelf next to the sink, so I'm kind of combining your first and second ways to use. The warmth feels nice, that's for sure.
Judging by some of the comments in that thread you linked to it seems I will not be able to jump right into red light as a therapy, as one could easily do it slightly wrong and cause damage. I will have to research all the lights, ratios of types of light on each device, wavelengths, what they do, protocols, etc. before I buy one.
I will definitely by from LifeGivingStore. I see there are other models too, with different wavelength lights and percentages of those lights.
I have multiple health issues including a connective tissue disorder, plus all my muscles have atrophied since being sick and I now have to build them up but I get Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness with even the slightest activity, and my Electron Transfer Chains in my cells are not up to par. These are the things I would think Red light can fix but not sure which light and what protocol would be best and not cause harm. Since it's an all over thing, I'm thinking the body light would be best for me.

The video on this first link is a little outdated but the info is very good.

The Miracle of Molecular Hydrogen

Molecular Hydrogen Institute

Thanks for the links. I have researched this somewhat. However, what I understand about magnesium bicarbonate water, is that it causes our cells to create hydrogen molecules (H2) internally and in a self-regulating manner. So wouldn't Magnesium bicarb water be even better, since it has other benefits too? This very curious to me since I actually found out about the Magnesium Bicarb water from Dr. Sircus's blog! I guess he's promoting both, but my curiosity is in regards to the specific differences. Been meaning to dig deeper into this because I do find a lot of benefits to drinking the Mag Bicarb water that I make at home, but I admit I am kind of biased since I really don't want to have another piece of equipment.

Dave Clark

How is that unit you got from Steve at H4H working out? I was thinking about that one, since he said that was the one that you could replace parts, like the membrane when they wear out, the other units with the plastic bottle you cannot. Also, do you know of any information regarding the metals from the titanium/platinum leaching into the H2 water. Some say the units made in China (which I believe they are) have inferior metals in their electrodes, and that they will wear off into the water. I have read the Japanese units are higher quality, but also higher price. Any thoughts?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
How is that unit you got from Steve at H4H working out? I was thinking about that one, since he said that was the one that you could replace parts, like the membrane when they wear out, the other units with the plastic bottle you cannot. Also, do you know of any information regarding the metals from the titanium/platinum leaching into the H2 water. Some say the units made in China (which I believe they are) have inferior metals in their electrodes, and that they will wear off into the water. I have read the Japanese units are higher quality, but also higher price. Any thoughts?

I like it, very good quality unit and beneficial effects from the very first day, i think titanium and platinum are two of the safest metals to use, i felt good about buying from Steve because he has been involved in hydrogen technology for quite a while. I saw some made in South Korea that look very cool also...

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Yes, thank you! I do like that price better!

Thanks for your input!

Nice! Thank you, your reply is very helpful. I have been using my 250 watt incandescent in the evenings as ambient lighting while I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen. I clip it to the shelf next to the sink, so I'm kind of combining your first and second ways to use. The warmth feels nice, that's for sure.
Judging by some of the comments in that thread you linked to it seems I will not be able to jump right into red light as a therapy, as one could easily do it slightly wrong and cause damage. I will have to research all the lights, ratios of types of light on each device, wavelengths, what they do, protocols, etc. before I buy one.
I will definitely by from LifeGivingStore. I see there are other models too, with different wavelength lights and percentages of those lights.
I have multiple health issues including a connective tissue disorder, plus all my muscles have atrophied since being sick and I now have to build them up but I get Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness with even the slightest activity, and my Electron Transfer Chains in my cells are not up to par. These are the things I would think Red light can fix but not sure which light and what protocol would be best and not cause harm. Since it's an all over thing, I'm thinking the body light would be best for me.

Thanks for the links. I have researched this somewhat. However, what I understand about magnesium bicarbonate water, is that it causes our cells to create hydrogen molecules (H2) internally and in a self-regulating manner. So wouldn't Magnesium bicarb water be even better, since it has other benefits too? This very curious to me since I actually found out about the Magnesium Bicarb water from Dr. Sircus's blog! I guess he's promoting both, but my curiosity is in regards to the specific differences. Been meaning to dig deeper into this because I do find a lot of benefits to drinking the Mag Bicarb water that I make at home, but I admit I am kind of biased since I really don't want to have another piece of equipment.

You can use magnesium too create Hydrogen Water with tablets, but thats not the same as magnesium bicarbonate with extra CO2, and your going to be getting much more hydrogen in your gut with the pure hydrogen water.

Dr. Sircus is always evolving, thats what i like about him, based on his own experience and feed back from his patients he is now promoting Hydrogen as one of the top forms of healing. I don't personally follow his exact protocols but i like his research.

Protocol | Dr. Sircus

eBooks | Dr. Sircus

My feeling is that electrolysis the best most efficient (and fun) way to create hydrogen water especially if you don't need or want the extra magnesium used in the tablets.

Their are expenses hydrogen breathing devices but i have seen no evidence or feedback they work better then hydrogen water, for certain respiratory pathologies breathing hydrogen may be more efficient, but for getting extra hydrogen into the intestines the water is probably best and considering that most humans health problems begin with and are caused by intestinal imbalances the hydrogen water may be ideal for restoring and healing the gut microbiome.

When ones digestion is not functioning properly we do not receive the nutrition we need and every organ and tissue of the body is effected, the liver is in overdrive and means its not processing hormones properly, the brain is not receiving the nutrients it needs and neurochemistry effected, this cascades into all the health problems most doctors don’t even see as related.

Red light therapy can be very helpful and having the proper light wavelengths in our home, on our body and through our eyes is a key element to healing and maintaining physiological balance, but we still need to heal our guts, along with the proper nutrients i feel hydrogen water is excellent way to do this.

“The present study found that hydrogen-rich water (HRW) has a significant therapeutic potential in IBD by inhibiting inflammatory factors, oxidative stress and endoplasmic reticulum stress and by up-regulating heme oxygenase-1 expression.”

Hydrogen-rich water protects against inflammatory bowel disease in mice by inhibiting endoplasmic reticulum stress and promoting heme oxygenase-1 expression

“Research on the health benefits of hydrogen-water has demonstrated that hydrogen-water has long-term effects; clinical studies on humans indicate that hydrogen-water may be used to treat metabolic syndrome and diabetes”

https://www.nature.com/articles/emm2017246

Zpol

Interesting. Thanks for the links. I'll have to investigate further.

I've been doing the Milk of Magnesia added to carbonated water to make the Mag Bicarb water, then I shake it till it's all dissolved and the sides of the bottle get sucked inwards. Don't know that it differs from the tablets though.

I also like Dr Sircus, I'll have to read his more recent articles to see what he's been into lately. Thanks!

OP
EndAllDisease

EndAllDisease

That's an interesting response. For me it's always been the opposite for many hours after treatment.

One of the things we know about red light is that it enhances oxidative energy production, which means that each cell will require more of what they need to function properly. So in theory, if there's something you're deficient in, including glucose or one (or more) of the nutrients required to produce the enzymes involved in oxidative phosphorylation, then that could be the cause of your brain fog.

In my research, Ray always recommends liver and eggs to eliminate deficiencies, so a meal of that with a ton of sugar before trying therapy again should help you find the truth.

ddjd

I agree, i dont think people should use the infrared spectrum of light for healing, the visible spectrum is more effective and much safer, especially by the thyroid, face and head
may be over heating to brain, eyes, and other tissue, the lights we are discussing are very focused strong lights that you are holding very close to your body,
Over heating?? That's why you're against infrared. Everything ray recommends is about getting warmer/ increasing metabolism