Taurine Increases Nitric Oxide

Hiwatt

Just to be as thorough in this crude experiment I will post the test strip after 1 min and 5 min. It darkened after 5 min. It looks in between normal and food induced. We should look at halflife of Taurine and test daily until it clears to be sure. More to come.

***This confirmed to me I certainly don't need to touch Arginine and I am glad I stopped supplementing with it.

Attachments

• 20180406_063550.jpg
    20180406_063550.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

I have tried to make taurine work, and have found the most success with higher doses. But it always seems to give me man boobs and get puffy.
That sounds like estrogen no?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Just to be as thorough in this crude experiment I will post the test strip after 1 min and 5 min. It darkened after 5 min. It looks in between normal and food induced. We should look at halflife of Taurine and test daily until it clears to be sure. More to come.

***This confirmed to me I certainly don't need to touch Arginine and I am glad I stopped supplementing with it.
Do you know which isoform of NO it's testing? nNOS? eNOS? iNOS?

Hiwatt

I have an email into the company to ask that very question. I hope we can get to a firm conclusion on Taurine > NO.

teds

Forum Supporter
i dont understand how you still think NO is bad. NO is important with out it you will die urgently with out it you will have metabolic disorder.
And there is no one NO there re three kinds of NO. Every one has his specific tasks
That’s interesting- 3 types? Without wanting you to have to write an essay ;) - can you expand on this? What are the types of NO?

MrThyroid

That’s interesting- 3 types? Without wanting you to have to write an essay ;) - can you expand on this? What are the types of NO?
1) nNOS
2) eNOS
3) iNOS

google it i know that eNOS is most important for metabolism the other two are important for infections

Hiwatt

I am just doing a Frankenstein test for Joeyd. I like Taurine and think my NO is fine. I am just being a guinea pig. I like the benefits of Taurine and a normal NO on the saliva test is fine for me. I will fast from Taurine one day and test NO tomorrow morning and post. It clears blood plasma in 8 hours so we can see. I agree with you and am not sure why NO is bad. I think Joeyd is interested in eNO in his question "endothelial". I am just doing some experimentation for the group.

teds

Forum Supporter
I am just doing a Frankenstein test for Joeyd. I like Taurine and think my NO is fine. I am just being a guinea pig. I like the benefits of Taurine and a normal NO on the saliva test is fine for me. I will fast from Taurine one day and test NO tomorrow morning and post. It clears blood plasma in 8 hours so we can see. I agree with you and am not sure why NO is bad. I think Joeyd is interested in eNO in his question "endothelial". I am just doing some experimentation for the group.
Oh I seeeee! Different NO relating the where in the body..
Cool. I look forward to hearing the results.
I’ve been slowly adding at night. At the moment I’m up to 3gm and I’d like to try to get to 5-6g to see how ‘sedated’ I can get!

Hiwatt

Oh I seeeee! Different NO relating the where in the body..
Cool. I look forward to hearing the results.
I’ve been slowly adding at night. At the moment I’m up to 3gm and I’d like to try to get to 5-6g to see how ‘sedated’ I can get!

I never thought of that does higher dose of Taurine really give you a calm? Very interesting. I just take 1gm in morning an 1gm in afternoon. Btw the idealabs Diamant is calming at 5 drops. Soothing and relaxing.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Appreciate you doing this. Looking forward to results

Hiwatt

So day 2 am fasted state no Taurine for 36 hours. Looks like saliva NO test is exactly the same as yesterday around normal after 1 min and 5 min.

I then took 3g Taurine and changed or ate nothing. I measured NO 1.33 hr after 3g Taurine. Looks like Taurine LOWERED NO on saliva test.

***Remember published peak concentrations of plasma Taurine are at 1.25 to 1.75 hours. This is a crude experiment but fascinating.

I did not eat, brush teeth, drink anything except water with the Taurine.

Tomorrow I will do the same test with 4x normal Arginine and post results. Let's see if we get real dark red after peak plasma Arginine levels hit.

Attachments

• 20180407_061111.jpg
    20180407_061111.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20180407_073520.jpg
    20180407_073520.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

1) nNOS
2) eNOS
3) iNOS

google it i know that eNOS is most important for metabolism the other two are important for infections
Wouldn't peat say they're all harmful

Stimulation of Prolactin Secretion by Taurine, a Neurally Depressant Amino Acid
The neuraliy depressant amino acid taurine and related metabolites were tested for their ability to alter prolactin (PRL) secretion in conscious, unrestrained male rats. The intraventricular infusion oftaurine (0.2 and 2.0 μmol) elicited a significant increase in PRL secretion. Hypotaurine (0.2 and 2.0 μmol), cysteic acid (2.0 μmol), mannitol (2.0 μmol) and 0.9% saline were ineffective in altering PRL secretion. When infused directly into the pituitary of conscious, unrestrained male rats none of the substances tested stimulated PRL secretion. Taurine (50.0 μmol) was similarly ineffective in stimulating PRL secretion when an in vitro pituitary preparation was used. These studies indicate that taurine is capable of stimulating PRL secretion in the male rat. This effect appears to be mediated centrally, presumably at the hypothalamus.

Effect of taurine on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in rats: Possible interaction with opioid peptidergic system - ScienceDirect
The effect of taurine on growth hormone (GH) and prolactin (PRL) secretion was investigated in the urethane-α-chloralose anethetized rats, considering the interaction with endogenous opioid peptidergic system. Intraventricular injection of taurine (0.25 and 1.0 μmol) stimulated GH and PRL secretion in a dose-dependent manner. However, 4.0 μmol taurine failed to show these effect. The intravenous infusion of naloxone (4 mg/kg b.w.) completely inhibited both the GH and PRL secretion induced by taurine (1.0 μmol). The combined treatment of taurine (1.0 μmol) and FK33-824 (Met-enkephalin derivative, 100 μg/kg b.w., i.v.) significantly increased GH and PRL responses induced by taurine or FK33-824 alone. These results indicate that taurine is an effective stimulator of GH and PRL secretion in rats, and that the mechanism of this action involves the opioid peptidergic system in the hypothalamus.

you can see it stimulated prolactin AND growth hormone in rats. Probably in people too.

Hiwatt

So is the consensus conclusion to ditch Taurine? Or is it still ambiguous. I guess the jury is out. I will still test the Arginine tomorrow to see if these saliva strips are bogus or worth anything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals