Oyster Overdose, Help Please

Because of the benefits of oysters (heme iron source as well as zinc and copper), I ate a lot of oysters recently. I went overboard last night and ate about 20-25 raw oysters, which I assume is way too much.
I think I may have overdosed on some of the heavy metals. The oysters are still just sitting in my stomach and I have a metallic taste in my mouth. I wonder if this is dangerous and if there is a way to counter this. I have already tried coffee. Should this be something requiring a visit to a hospital or is there a way to detoxify now?

I feel pretty bad. I don't think it's a bug from the oysters though--I feel like it's just the heaviness of all those metals. I'm already hypometabolic so I wasn't even that hungry when I ate them, it was mostly compulsive

paymanz

If its still is your stomach maybe you can vomit? And then some charcoal or magnesium supplement to make your intestines empty faster.or any other laxatives.

Drinking milk may also help.

paymanz

Tetracycline also chelates minerals ad prevent absorption. Or foods with lots of phytates.

OP
energyandstruct
If its still is your stomach maybe you can vomit? And then some charcoal or magnesium supplement to make your intestines empty faster.or any other laxatives.

Drinking milk may also help.
i have no magnesium but could probably get some. as far as calcium, i have milk so i'll try that

I guess i could vomit, I will try.

OP
energyandstruct
ooh i do have doxycycline, would that help? it was for lyme stuff but I went off it a few months ago

paymanz

I forgot to mention fibrous food life carrot and cooked mushrooms , some fats along with them would help also.

Yes doxycycline also may help a bit.

paymanz

But dont panic , i dont tnink your in real trouble, you may hurt more trying to detox it lol. Dont do harsh things.

OP
energyandstruct
But dont panic , i dont tnink your in real trouble, you may hurt more trying to detox it lol. Dont do harsh things.
yeah i have some carrots and milk and doxycycline so I will probably just wait it out and try those if i still feel awful in a couple hours

T

tca300

This is interesting, I noticed that oysters seem to hang out in my stomach for a really long time too ( other meats dont ). I have never eaten them raw though. I would assume if it was a really bad issue you would have puked by now. If you get the runs, that might also indicate that they are causing some kind of irritation/inflammation.

OP
energyandstruct
This is interesting, I noticed that oysters seem to hang out in my stomach for a really long time too ( other meats dont ). I have never eaten them raw though. I would assume if it was a really bad issue you would have puked by now. If you get the runs, that might also indicate that they are causing some kind of irritation/inflammation.
yeah i know ray peat says don't do them raw but I was compromising between health and taste/aesthetic. I love raw oysters but I probably should have had like 5 instead of over 20. oh well, live and learn I guess.

Obi-wan

Could be bacteria. Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) would take care of it. 6 Drops in a glass of water

lvysaur

It probably has nothing to do with heavy metals, and everything to do with zinc. Or possibly bacteria if they were raw.

Drink some milk (calcium nixes zinc)

Lilly

I ate 20 oysters once and survived. Imagine that. You'll be fine. If they were bad you would have gotten very sick pretty soon after eating.
Have you enjoyed and eaten slowly or gulped down 25 oysters in 2 minutes?
A glass of good white wine helps with breaking them down in the stomach ( increases acidity) and you feel great in the process of slow eating and enyoing your oysters and wine

tara

you’ll be fine
+1 most likely
Maybe something to support digestion - to increase stomach acid - might help a little.
If you are unlucky enough that they are contaminated, and you do get sick from an infection, then activated charcoal would be my first step.

Just don't eat so many next time.
Personally, I'm cautious and generally cook them. But I can see the appeal of raw.

OP
energyandstruct
i'll eat less next time. I know ray doesn't like the idea of raw oysters but this is one of those compromises between health and aesthetic/taste. I can't imagine not eating raw oysters

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals