How Do You Experiment With Peat When Living With A Partner?

Luann

Haha! Apologies. mountainbear looks like a handsome bear, with a fine sense of curiousity, but no replacement will be needed!

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Equally relevant: How Do You Experiment With Peat When Working Full Time In An Office?

Not sure what you mean by this? I wait until days off work until I try experiments that might effect me strongly. For example I waited until days off to try cascara, which irritated my gut and would have made work very unpleasant. Less risky things such as fat soluble vitamins topically, b vitamins, I go ahead and do normally on work days.

tara

I'm trying to experiment with peat while being so ill that I rarely have the energy to cook my own meals. Can't really have family cook extra meals for me so I'm trying to get everyone on the no PUFA thing. my family is so resistant to coconut oil tho i don't get it. refined coconut oil doesn't even taste like anything.

so far i haven't done peat stuff that is any weirder than using dry nonfat milk in coffee or as protein in other random foods, or taking aspirin a lot, or briefly doing the potato hack. Oh and shampooing with aspirin. My question is, what does a "peatist" do when their partner or spouse wants to kiss after they ate a PUFA meal? Always wondered how long the PUFA stays in saliva, or if it's straight into the stomach. Random thought.
this strikes me as a neurosis. I don't think peat would endorse this level of neurosis.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I live a pretty Peat inspired lifestyle and my husband doesn't. He is younger than me by 4+ years and used to be a lot healthier than me. After my paleo catastrophe I learned to not try to influence him with regards to diet. Ironically now that I'm healthier in general and specifically healthier than him now he is becoming more curious and open to the things I do to improve/maintain my health. I must admit though that I've thought about lacing his food with some of haidut's supplements.:bucktooth:

Ulysses

LUH 3417

so far i haven't done peat stuff that is any weirder than using dry nonfat milk in coffee or as protein in other random foods, or taking aspirin a lot, or briefly doing the potato hack. Oh and shampooing with aspirin. My question is, what does a "peatist" do when their partner or spouse wants to kiss after they ate a PUFA meal? Always wondered how long the PUFA stays in saliva, or if it's straight into the stomach. Random thought.
"There's evidence that saliva has testosterone in it, and there's also evidence that men like sloppier kisses with more open mouth," Fisher said. "That suggests to me that they are unconsciously trying to transfer testosterone to trigger the sex drive in women."

Scientists Agree: It's in His Kiss

it's from wired magazine, so maybe take with a grain of salt, but interesting

Arnold Grape

It always strikes me as strange that you have members talking about eating exclusively mushroom broth, gelatin and milk and then you see a post like this one where others are being downright judgmental about one's rigorous eating practices while amongst others. IME, Peat-eating pretty much alienates you at mealtime if you adhere to it carefully. Most of my meals are consumed alone, so this doesn't affect me. However, I can feel the girl I'm dating glaze over at the eyes when I start talking about any of this, and she's also an ostensibly "health conscious" person.

There is room for interpretation. When Peat is talking or writing about one's diet, I think he's creating a tableau of perfection which can basically never be achieved. (For any number of reasons.) If you try and find a food item untouched by the hands of commodity then you probably live on a farm or make the food yourself.

Greg says

It always strikes me as strange that you have members talking about eating exclusively mushroom broth, gelatin and milk and then you see a post like this one where others are being downright judgmental about one's rigorous eating practices while amongst others. IME, Peat-eating pretty much alienates you at mealtime if you adhere to it carefully. Most of my meals are consumed alone, so this doesn't affect me. However, I can feel the girl I'm dating glaze over at the eyes when I start talking about any of this, and she's also an ostensibly "health conscious" person.

There is room for interpretation. When Peat is talking or writing about one's diet, I think he's creating a tableau of perfection which can basically never be achieved. (For any number of reasons.) If you try and find a food item untouched by the hands of commodity then you probably live on a farm or make the food yourself.

"When the joy goes out of eating, nutrition suffers.” - Ellyn Satter. Think Peat would agree with this.

tara

"When the joy goes out of eating, nutrition suffers.” - Ellyn Satter. Think Peat would agree with this.
+1.

Also, social isolation is one of the biggest health risks - and conversely, long health and well-being seem to be associated with strong social connectedness. Being over-scrupulous or over-evangelical about details of diet all the time for the sake of 'health' could sometimes be counterproductive if it keeps people away from us.

Glassy

Equally relevant: How Do You Experiment With Peat When Everything He Likes is illegal or hard to get!?! (;
Lol Australia much? Just got knocked back for my 3rd try @ ordering DHEA powder.

I buy the groceries at my house and I don’t tend to buy anything with vegetable oil on the ingredients. The only exception is corn chips when they are requested for dinner (usually served with minced beef and cheese to offset the PUFAs and I usually don’t have any). My wife has the free will to choose her own diet but she also knows if she wants PUFAs she’ll probably have to get them herself and also knows they’re a bit crap for her. I do get annoyed when she goes and buys cheap white bread that I know has canola oil in it when the sour dough I bought runs out. She’s used to my weird phases and followed me along the low carb journey (she can’t bring herself to touch sugar lest her sugar addiction returns).

X3CyO

This.

Sticking to the same stuff all the time makes me sick.

Unless its roast beef.

RobertJM

Yes, how do you boof all of her weekly goodies out of the way in the fridge, to make way for your weeks worth of milk. It's all about me after all!

In the end I just bought another fridge (which she insisted got put out in the garden shed). Brilliant.

Lucenzo01

If you do it right your partner would be everyday more attracted to you. The game is physiological.

Aymen

I live a pretty Peat inspired lifestyle and my husband doesn't. He is younger than me by 4+ years and used to be a lot healthier than me. After my paleo catastrophe I learned to not try to influence him with regards to diet. Ironically now that I'm healthier in general and specifically healthier than him now he is becoming more curious and open to the things I do to improve/maintain my health. I must admit though that I've thought about lacing his food with some of haidut's supplements.:bucktooth:
hi , it would be great if you give me some advices to convince my future wife about living a healthy lifestyle ( workout , diet , etc). i mean if someone is not following a healthy lifestyle all his life and then you try to tell him/her what you should do they may not accept your advice

Glassy

hi , it would be great if you give me some advices to convince my future wife about living a healthy lifestyle ( workout , diet , etc). i mean if someone is not following a healthy lifestyle all his life and then you try to tell him/her what you should do they may not accept your advice

Healthy lifestyle is a pretty loaded term - I think the standard healthy choices are pretty flawed and counterproductive. My advice would be to find what’s healthy for you and live it. Wait until they are in a receptive state before offering your opinion on healthy choices (eg the effect of PUFA on metabolic functioning, why you eat liver, etc). Show them by focusing on your own health and they will become interested when they see the benefits you’re experiencing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals