Video Testimonials

Kang

Here is a video testimonial from Sarah who has been suffering from chronic pain, and her results with Amino Pro.

OP
Kang

Kang

Here is a video testimonial from an athlete that goes from triathlons to physique competitions and back again. From regular diet to vegetarian and shares his thoughts on Amino Pro.

raypeatclips

Not trying to be a **** but I'm just trying to understand a few things about the videos. What is your relationship with the 3 people that have created testimonials? The first lady said one of her friends created the company, the topless guy you promote his things and his name in your Youtube description, the third guy said he had been using it 10 months, and I see you registered your website around 10 months ago, do you know him personally as well?

I have taken a lot of supplements in my life, some good, some bad, but not once have I ever felt the need to film myself talking about them either way.

I could be wrong, but I just don't buy these videos at all, they feel scripted to me watching them.

For what its worth, I don't think Peat would approve taking a supplement like this.

I know you have a company and you want to promote your things, but this just seems shady. Using haidut as an example, he has a thread for each of his supplements, and lets people review them in there, good or bad. I feel like you are forcing us to "see" how great your product is. This just feels forced.

sladerunner69

Yes, I must concur, this post feels altogether quite contrived. Another ham-fisted marketing ploy.

Unfortunately it is people like this who shamelessly promote out of greed and not sympathy, who are responsible for the tainted image of the "alternative health/supplement industry" in the public eye. This is in part why so many people trust corporate doctors and pharmaceuticals, because their opportunity cost of diving into these shark infested waters would be too severe.

Aside from contributing to world malfeasance, "kang" also appears to be a name relating to something perhaps even more sinister. Is K-A-N-G the ghetto-fied spelling of "king"?

I, and I suspect many others, would outright refuse to purchase products that supported gangs such as the bay-city, south-side, easy-street kings.

Kunder

@Kang
I’d actually buy it, but the dosage seems low. 6 capsules will only net 3 grams of aminos. Thats ridiculously low, even if i account for the supposed near 100 percent bioavailibility. Where did you get that ‘serving size’ from?

Last edited:
OP
Kang

Kang

Not trying to be a **** but I'm just trying to understand a few things about the videos. What is your relationship with the 3 people that have created testimonials? The first lady said one of her friends created the company, the topless guy you promote his things and his name in your Youtube description, the third guy said he had been using it 10 months, and I see you registered your website around 10 months ago, do you know him personally as well?

I have taken a lot of supplements in my life, some good, some bad, but not once have I ever felt the need to film myself talking about them either way.

I could be wrong, but I just don't buy these videos at all, they feel scripted to me watching them.

For what its worth, I don't think Peat would approve taking a supplement like this.

I know you have a company and you want to promote your things, but this just seems shady. Using haidut as an example, he has a thread for each of his supplements, and lets people review them in there, good or bad. I feel like you are forcing us to "see" how great your product is. This just feels forced.

I appreciate your feedback. Like I’ve said many times, I’m not a marketing guy so I’m bound to make mistakes. I believe in honesty and these are testimonials by people in their own words. We have never given a script, suggestioned content or in any way influenced their testimonials. The only thing we’ve asked is for people to consider giving us a video rather than a written post because they are more powerful.
Please check out our reviews on Fb.

At the end of the day no one is asking you to read the threads or watch the videos but what I do want to do is bring it to peoples awareness because we can’t help if you never heard of us.

The threads where we started this product almost two years ago are here. We solicited support to make the first production run. We have not had any complaints or returns.
And as I’ve stated previously very few people will ever post a review and maybe 1:50 will do a video.

Now to answer your questions about the people.
I have never met Sarah in person but we know about each other through Z health and Ray Peat communities. I don’t take offense to her calling me a friend even though we’ve never met.
Keith is his own sensation with kettlebells but I’ve know Keith since I was 17 and that’s 30 years. We served together. But before you scream collusion you should know that neither of us would fabricate any of this. It’s cslled integrity, no matter how uncommon it is. Plus he runs a business and gets lots of attention so he isn’t going to risk his reputation even if he wasn’t a stand up guy. Truth is he’s an embodiment of four agreements.

As for Jon, again I’ve never met him but he from my home province and also a z health guy. So again we share two communities.

It seems ridiculous that the very people that I would have access to because I know them I.e. the very people that would trust me enough to try something new are automatically discounted because they know me. So anyone that would recommend a product or vouch for another person shouldn’t know them? How can you vouch for someone if you don’t know them?

That’s a hell of a standard to hold people too.

Like I said, don’t try the product, don’t tell your friends about, just ignore it. We obviously aren’t meeting your standard.

Good luck in your journey.

OP
Kang

Kang

Yes, I must concur, this post feels altogether quite contrived. Another ham-fisted marketing ploy.

Unfortunately it is people like this who shamelessly promote out of greed and not sympathy, who are responsible for the tainted image of the "alternative health/supplement industry" in the public eye. This is in part why so many people trust corporate doctors and pharmaceuticals, because their opportunity cost of diving into these shark infested waters would be too severe.

Aside from contributing to world malfeasance, "kang" also appears to be a name relating to something perhaps even more sinister. Is K-A-N-G the ghetto-fied spelling of "king"?

I, and I suspect many others, would outright refuse to purchase products that supported gangs such as the bay-city, south-side, easy-street kings.

You make a lot of claims and aspersión about a person and a company you know nothing about.
I get it though you’ve been hurt or burnt but that doesn’t mean that everyone is a liar, a crook or greedy.
You don’t know that we haven’t even broken even on our two production runs keeping costs low. We haven’t taken a salary. We fund this company with our day job when it runs short. What little advertising we do may be hamfisted but that’s because we aren’t slick professionals. Sorry bud but we’re a very small company of just my wife and I.

Maybe go on some of the forums on fB and see what you can find from people that use our product and were a part of getting us started?

Have you thought about what if you’re wrong accusing us of things and motivations we don’t have and haven’t done? How would you like it if someone claimed you were a thief or worse on a forum with zero evidence and no way to hold them accountable. How would you feel?

OP
Kang

Kang

@Kang
I’d actually buy it, but the dosage seems low. 6 capsules will only net 3 grams of aminos. Thats ridiculously low, even if i account for the supposed near 100 percent bioavailibility. Where did you get that ‘serving size’ from?

The dosage complied with health Canada’s requirements for the maximum of certain amino acids per day. We are working on increasing it.
I can’t tell you what to take or even suggest wxceeding that but I’d recommend reading our reviews for ideas.
I myself Intended for 1800 capsules to replace all my daily protein at 60 caps per day in divided dosage. I used that dosage with no intentional protein sources for two months with no deliterious effects. In fact I felt great with reduced ammonia production.

Six caps is equivalent
  1. to an egg
  2. 1.3 cups of skim milk
  3. 1.6 oz of rib eye visible fat eaten
  4. 2 cups of cooked quinoa

Here in Canada
  1. Six caps costs $0.66
  2. One egg is about $0.50
  3. 1.3 cups of skim milk $0.55
  4. 1.6 Oz of Rib eye is about $2.55
  5. 2 cups of quinoa is about $5.00
Only all of them except the caps create a lot of ammonia. Not so easy on the stomach or liver.

I hope that helps. We would appreciate a review form someone that obviously doesn’t know us.

Kunder

Thanks for the response.

Btw i dont think sladerunner was being serious.

Your prices on your website, are those in loonies?

raypeatclips

I appreciate your feedback. Like I’ve said many times, I’m not a marketing guy so I’m bound to make mistakes. I believe in honesty and these are testimonials by people in their own words. We have never given a script, suggestioned content or in any way influenced their testimonials. The only thing we’ve asked is for people to consider giving us a video rather than a written post because they are more powerful.
Please check out our reviews on Fb.

At the end of the day no one is asking you to read the threads or watch the videos but what I do want to do is bring it to peoples awareness because we can’t help if you never heard of us.

The threads where we started this product almost two years ago are here. We solicited support to make the first production run. We have not had any complaints or returns.
And as I’ve stated previously very few people will ever post a review and maybe 1:50 will do a video.

Now to answer your questions about the people.
I have never met Sarah in person but we know about each other through Z health and Ray Peat communities. I don’t take offense to her calling me a friend even though we’ve never met.
Keith is his own sensation with kettlebells but I’ve know Keith since I was 17 and that’s 30 years. We served together. But before you scream collusion you should know that neither of us would fabricate any of this. It’s cslled integrity, no matter how uncommon it is. Plus he runs a business and gets lots of attention so he isn’t going to risk his reputation even if he wasn’t a stand up guy. Truth is he’s an embodiment of four agreements.

As for Jon, again I’ve never met him but he from my home province and also a z health guy. So again we share two communities.

It seems ridiculous that the very people that I would have access to because I know them I.e. the very people that would trust me enough to try something new are automatically discounted because they know me. So anyone that would recommend a product or vouch for another person shouldn’t know them? How can you vouch for someone if you don’t know them?

That’s a hell of a standard to hold people too.

Like I said, don’t try the product, don’t tell your friends about, just ignore it. We obviously aren’t meeting your standard.

Good luck in your journey.

Thanks for reply and detailing your relationship with each video maker.

Bizarre second to last paragraph, I never said I wouldn't try it. You have your own merchant forum, is that not enough exposure for you on here?

Do you not see why people would be uncomfortable with you putting out videos of people you know talking about your product?

OP
Kang

Kang

You have your own merchant forum, is that not enough exposure for you on here?

Do you not see why people would be uncomfortable with you putting out videos of people you know talking about your product?

I know exactly ONE of the three personally. Do you consider people you've never met except online as people you "known"? I've never shared a meal or even a coffee with Sarah or Jon. Why shouldn't I share testimonials with information that might help people? How is that wrong or in any way disingenuous?

What you are hearing is frustration. Frustration from all the marketing challenges. My wife and I chose to take on a project that we thought would be 3-6 months but took a year. We didn't take it on to make money or have people attack us assuming we are greedy or manipulative internet marketers. Ya I know Boo-hoo right? but why do people start from there? I know we chose to take it on so we own it and its a reality on the internet but its tiresome to be attacked and have people assume you are greedy, that you have bunk product, etc. etc. especially when this community (our community) needs small companies to take on and make niche products as none of the big companies will. We are a tiny market and not worth their effort, heck we've been doing this almost two years and we might be lucky if we break even at the end of this batch after hundreds and hundreds of hours and more costs than I ever imagined.

The merchant forum isn't enough - if a business isn't sustainable it stops. I wish I had the money to run this as a charity but I don't. I work 12-13 hour days and try to do a little here and there to promote the company. But this is just one place that we try to reach out. And the merchant forum isn't free, advertising isn't free, nothing seems to be free except criticism. Ya, ya, stop whining right?

Anyways for what it's worth it's tough feeling like in your efforts to reach out you alienate a portion of the very people you want to help.

Last edited:
OP
Kang

Kang

Well for what it's worth, here is written testimonial. You can reach out to Robert on FB, I am sure he would be happy to share his experience with you. I think him, his wife and daughter (vegetarian) use Amino Pro.

Robert Kaufer.jpeg

raypeatclips

I know exactly ONE of the three personally. Do you consider people you've never met except online as people you "known"? I've never shared a meal or even a coffee with Sarah or Jon. Why shouldn't I share testimonials with information that might help people? How is that wrong or in any way disingenuous?

What you are hearing is frustration. Frustration from all the marketing challenges. My wife and I chose to take on a project that we thought would be 3-6 months but took a year. We didn't take it on to make money or have people attack us assuming we are greedy or manipulative internet marketers. Ya I know Boo-hoo right? but why do people start from there? I know we chose to take it on so we own it and its a reality on the internet but its tiresome to be attacked and have people assume you are greedy, that you have bunk product, etc. etc. especially when this community (our community) needs small companies to take on and make niche products as none of the big companies will. We are a tiny market and not worth their effort, heck we've been doing this almost two years and we might be lucky if we break even at the end of this batch after hundreds and hundreds of hours and more costs than I ever imagined.

The merchant forum isn't enough - if a business isn't sustainable it stops. I wish I had the money to run this as a charity but I don't. I work 12-13 hour days and try to do a little here and there to promote the company. But this is just one place that we try to reach out. And the merchant forum isn't free, advertising isn't free, nothing seems to be free except criticism. Ya, ya, stop whining right?

Anyways for what it's worth it's tough feeling like in your efforts to reach out you alienate a portion of the very people you want to help.

I respect the effort you have put into the company and I am not trying to tarnish your image at all. I am not saying the product you have isn't good, or that people shouldn't buy it. I am just saying I didn't think the video testimonials were necessary. The one with the topless guy especially just seemed to be saying buzz words and his reason to buy your product was that it was in a capsule? Come on man, almost every supplement I buy is in a capsule. Can you not see where I am coming from?

I just don't want this forum to turn into a just whole network of different people posting videos of their products they want to sell. You have your own merchant forum, with your own product posts, I think the videos are unnecessary. In my opinion I don't think someone that was unsure about your product would be swayed by your videos on this forum, but thats my opinion.

Again, this is nothing personal against you or your company, from what I've seen your product looks great.

OP
Kang

Kang

@raypeatclips I hear you and I appreciate you trying to explain your position. Thank you.

I thought this thread was in my merchant forum, and hence I thought it was the right place to put it. Have I missed something here? If so I need to correct it.

As for Keith's video, heck maybe I am biased because I've known this guy for 30 years but I cant recall a video he wasn't shirtless. I think if I had his abs I would be shirtless a lot too.

It's quit possible I've got the marketing all wrong but then that would be a surprise as its a f**king shitshow trying to compete with marketing pros, and very frustrating. I guess I was foolish enough to think that if you just pointed out the benefits it would be enough. Sadly at every step someone calls you a liar and a greedy bastard.

In any case thank you for the feedback. If this thread is somehow in the wrong place please let me know how I can fix that.

OP
Kang

Kang

Grateful for another video testimonial from Houston Texas.

I know some of you disagree but I know of no better way to spread the word that a video testimonial from people that use the product and believe in it. People using their own words and in their own way. These people are not rewarded financially or otherwise and we are very thankful.

OP
Kang

Kang

A supporting testimonial from Jon Solo's sister Victoria Claire. Strong woman competitor and energy sector shift worker.