Cacao Butter: Strong Anti-cortisol, Anti-anxiety Effects

aquaman

Am I missing something here? Why wouldn't you just eat a decent quality milk chocolate? Sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, vanilla.

It's to do with the quantity of stearic acid you get per calorie. Good milk/dark chocolate is only 30%-40% fat cocoa butter, so you get all the other stuff with it. Dark chocolate messes with my sleep for some reason too, and others report the same.

Obi-wan

I take Cocoa butter and melt it on a stove then put it on trans dermally. @Travis states that less will covert to oleic acid if used trans dermally. I also have Cocoa powder which I put in my coffee. Travis, Stearic acid has become a hit on the forum and you started it. I wonder how many people know it knocks Linoleic acid out of the cell!

Vinero

I take Cocoa butter and melt it on a stove then put it on trans dermally. @Travis states that less will covert to oleic acid if used trans dermally. I also have Cocoa powder which I put in my coffee. Travis, Stearic acid has become a hit on the forum and you started it. I wonder how many people know it knocks Linoleic acid out of the cell!
I didn't know that about Stearic acid. But thanks to you, Travis, and Haidut I do now, thanks guys.
This changes everything. I am gonna eat way more chocolate and beef from now on.
Don't know about ordering 100% Stearic acid powder. Eating isolated fatty acids may not be compatible with our digestive system.

raypeatclips

What have you noticed from transdermal cocoa butter? How much do you use on your skin?

Obi-wan

It heats up fast. Probably enough to cover most of my body. Nice calming relaxed feeling.

griesburner

I take Cocoa butter and melt it on a stove then put it on trans dermally.

May i ask why you choose the transdermal way, instead of oral?
Only cause of the conversion to oleic acid?

I never trust transdermal route cause i am always unsure how much will be absorbed. I always prefer to choke something down even if it doesnt taste very well cause i think its more practical and i hate it when something oily is on my skin ;D How long does it take till its gone on your skin?

Obi-wan

You will like it, it is not oily and absorbs almost instantly. Better than a skin lotion that has PUFA, which they all do. Plus it is a great moisturizer for the skin

Obi-wan

That plus I think cocoa powder is better for consumption and butter better as a lotion

aquaman

May i ask why you choose the transdermal way, instead of oral?
Only cause of the conversion to oleic acid?

I never trust transdermal route cause i am always unsure how much will be absorbed. I always prefer to choke something down even if it doesnt taste very well cause i think its more practical and i hate it when something oily is on my skin ;D How long does it take till its gone on your skin?

Cocoa butter itself tastes like a very mild chocolate/cocoa taste (obvs without the sugar). It’s very easy to let 1-2 teaspoons worth melt in your mouth.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Since haiduts posts about how effective Stearic acid is for a multitude of things, i've been experimenting with organic Cacao Butter. I know it is high in monosaturates also but until I get hold of food grade stearic acid, its the next best thing.

here's some great benefits ive noticed after just 3-4 days:

- reduces my panic attack symptoms completely
- helps with deeper and better quality sleep
- amazing cognitive boost and feeling more 'in the moment'
- definitely feeling belly fat shrinking after taking it
- combines well with caprylic acid and stops any digestive pain from from the caprylic acid
- amazing for digestive health and very healthy looking stools etc.
- palpitations stopped

I'd say its cortisol lowering effect is even more noticable than Pregnenolone, which used to be my go-to during panic attacks.

anyone else experimenting with cacao butter?

Some of the effects could be due to the protein in cocoa. Peat said it is uniquely anabolic, which usually means anti-catabolic - i.e. anti-cortisol.
Anyways, glad you get good results from it so please keep us posted.

Travis

True story. Just search for any fatty acid study which analyzes the fatty acids individually and you'll see that only stearic acid is protective against cancer: not myristic, not palmitic, and not caproic, only stearic is long enough to inhibit cell division. The same studies will no doubt show that linoleic acid is the most carcinogenic one.

aarfai

I wonder if heating the cocoa butter up with Vitamin E would help transdermal absorption?

Vinero

True story. Just search for any fatty acid study which analyzes the fatty acids individually and you'll see that only stearic acid is protective against cancer: not myristic, not palmitic, and not caproic, only stearic is long enough to inhibit cell division. The same studies will no doubt show that linoleic acid is the most carcinogenic one.
Interesting. I wonder why Ray mostly recommends coconut oil and butter as the main dietary fats, and not Cocoa butter.
Butter is only 11 % stearic acid. Coconut oil also has very low amounts. Cocoa butter is a superior fat with it's 34,5 % Stearic acid.

DaveFoster

Vision of Strength ate a lot of cocoa butter and sugar (honey), which is basically chocolate. I eat a lot of chocolate as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals