I Love Cyproheptadine

lampofred

Do you have gut issues?

Most likely. I currently have severe serotonin issues, which I never had as a kid, so it's definitely a recent environmental thing and not something genetic like autism.

Why? Do gut issues have a relation with cyproheptadine tolerance?

Constatine

Most likely. I currently have severe serotonin issues, which I never had as a kid, so it's definitely a recent environmental thing and not something genetic like autism.

Why? Do gut issues have a relation with cyproheptadine tolerance?
I think so. Antagonizing serotonin in the gut can increase gut permeability and slow transit down leading to a greater endotoxin load. But cypro is also protective against the effects of endotoxin so go figure.

Antonello

I've been struggling to gain weight all my life, and thanks to this forum I finally found something that works: Cyproheptadine. Not even cannabis, with its appetite stimulating effect, made any difference in my weight. I quit using cannabis a long time ago.

I started out on .5 mg of Cypro, and I gained four pounds seemingly instantly, and kept it on. I went up to 1mg/day and had another bump up in weight.

As for side effects, the biggest thing has been heart palpitations. They kind of freak me out, but they are supposedly harmless (comments, anyone?). Another side is ringing in my ears. That went away when I didn't take it for a few days (I worry about the possibility of permanent side effects after nightmarish experiences with Propecia).

I also thought it was making me drowsy when I started taking it but I don't notice if it's still happening.

I seem to be developing a tolerance to Cypro. I wonder if it still has the good effects on serotonin and stuff.

I had heart palpitations while using cyproheptadine, but I can't be 100% sure it was the cyproheptadine that caused it. Since I've never had heart problems before and that they ceased after stopping cyproheptadine (within about 2-4 days of stopping my nightly 1mg dose), I can't think of anything else as the cause.

By all accounts, cyproheptadine helped maintain a high metabolism: my vision was crystal clear, my temp and pulse were high, I was constantly warm. But the heart palpitations (i.e. a pounding heart beat that I could feel that wasn't always rhythmic) and the bouts of gasping for air every time I tried to drift off to sleep was unnerving.

Since then I've made sure to take 1 litre of magnesium bicarbonate water a day, while being more strict on reducing serotonin through caffeine, vitamin E (via lowered estrogen, carrots (again through estrogen) and continuing to deplete PUFA (through low fat diet).
hey guys, I'm experimenting with cypro right know and I also get your same feeling of palpitation and pain in the chest area.
I'm ones with you I'm a bit scary and I don't know what to do, there is a part of me that want stick with it for broke the cycle of serotonin and stress hormones.
how are you doing? I mean did you found relief when you stopped run on cypro? any advise is welcome. thanks

InChristAlone

Shouldn't be taking more than 1 mg on a regular basis anyway. I take about .5mg everyday for a year. It did raise liver enzymes a bit.

bionicheart

much more in DMSO though
I'm tapering off benzos and recently quit smoking MJ, I have zero appetite. Would Hadiut's cypro be okay for me to take? I read somewhere that the DMSO can increase the effects of other medications so would it be safe to take cypro while still taking benzos...? Thanks..

johnwester130

InChristAlone

I'm tapering off benzos and recently quit smoking MJ, I have zero appetite. Would Hadiut's cypro be okay for me to take? I read somewhere that the DMSO can increase the effects of other medications so would it be safe to take cypro while still taking benzos...? Thanks..
You could try high dose niacinamide to taper off benzos.

Gametime

I've recently started taking 1-3mg doses of cypro and wow I love it.. anxiety feels completely diminished.. the only problem is feeling like your shattered 24/7..

With the sleep it gives, does it allow you to go into a deep restorative sleep or does it stop you from going in R.E.M. Sleep, (a bit like alchohol in that you will be knocked out but alchohol stops you from sleeping deeply..)

Is there ever a chance you'll become reliant on cypro aswell?

InChristAlone

I've recently started taking 1-3mg doses of cypro and wow I love it.. anxiety feels completely diminished.. the only problem is feeling like your shattered 24/7..

With the sleep it gives, does it allow you to go into a deep restorative sleep or does it stop you from going in R.E.M. Sleep, (a bit like alchohol in that you will be knocked out but alchohol stops you from sleeping deeply..)

I take .5 mg a night now for over a yr. I don't feel shattered the next day. You develop a tolerance. And yes I don't like going off it! Increased adrenaline sensitivity. I think it does mess a little with REM sleep but I like the sleep I get on it, I dream quite a bit.

DaveFoster

haidut no longer uses DMSO.

Cypro with benzo ? no, sounds risky and dangerous
Combinations - - Benzodiazepines and Antihistamines (Diphenhydramine, Doxylamine, Hydroxyzine)
Psychiatrists prescribe both all the time, but they often advise not taking them at the same time, not introducing more than one drug at a time, and being very conscious of the dosage for one when currently on another neuroleptic.

For example, mirtazapine (Remeron) has a significant antihistamine action, but it's often prescribed with clonazepam (Klonopin).

bionicheart

what do you mean by "shattered" the next day? Like hungover?

Psychiatrists prescribe both all the time, but they often advise not taking them at the same time, not introducing more than one drug at a time, and being very conscious of the dosage for one when currently on another neuroleptic.

For example, mirtazapine (Remeron) has a significant antihistamine action, but it's often prescribed with clonazepam (Klonopin).
I'm currently on both with no problems. But am considering switching the mirtazapine (7.5mg) for cypro (maybe 0.5mg)

DaveFoster

I'm currently on both with no problems. But am considering switching the mirtazapine (7.5mg) for cypro (maybe 0.5mg)
How would you say the clonazepam effects last after days, or do you not take them chronically? I'm prescribed them but never take them.

Gametime

Hmm I wouldn't say hungover just EXTRMELY tired all day up until the next night really .. I've actucally had TERRIBLE sleeping issues the last 8 months.. and recently I've been gettImg terrible anxiety just before bed.. like it's as if my brain knows it's time to struggle and toss and turn all night and day.. cypro has littealy wiped that anxiety.. and the first night i took damn, 20 mins later I was out cold.. just have not been waking up refreshed..

bionicheart

How would you say the clonazepam effects last after days, or do you not take them chronically? I'm prescribed them but never take them.
I take them daily (2mg) and am tapering down to hopefully get off them completely. But they alleviate my anxiety entirely, I'm much more social at work, and a lot less racing, intrusive thoughts. Initially they made me more depressed and lethargic, but that wore off after a week. I would say the only obvious cons are it's still a little hard to get moving in the morning and short term memory isn't the best right after taking it, however, I just stopped smoking MJ 4 days ago, which amplified the negative memory effects.

Hmm I wouldn't say hungover just EXTRMELY tired all day up until the next night really .. I've actucally had TERRIBLE sleeping issues the last 8 months.. and recently I've been gettImg terrible anxiety just before bed.. like it's as if my brain knows it's time to struggle and toss and turn all night and day.. cypro has littealy wiped that anxiety.. and the first night i took damn, 20 mins later I was out cold.. just have not been waking up refreshed..
I'm sorry you're struggling with sleep, I'm with you. Mirtazapine has been helping me, but not so much anymore. but cypro is helping your anxiety a lot...? does the anxiety come back the next day after taking cypro the night before? How long have you been taking it and have you tried taking a lower dose, say 0.5mg? it seems to help a lot of people on this forum, that's why I'm so interested. A lot of people here might say you develop a tolerance and the tiredness wears off, but I have no personal experience to speak from.

Gametime

I take them daily (2mg) and am tapering down to hopefully get off them completely. But they alleviate my anxiety entirely, I'm much more social at work, and a lot less racing, intrusive thoughts. Initially they made me more depressed and lethargic, but that wore off after a week. I would say the only obvious cons are it's still a little hard to get moving in the morning and short term memory isn't the best right after taking it, however, I just stopped smoking MJ 4 days ago, which amplified the negative memory effects.

I'm sorry you're struggling with sleep, I'm with you. Mirtazapine has been helping me, but not so much anymore. but cypro is helping your anxiety a lot...? does the anxiety come back the next day after taking cypro the night before? How long have you been taking it and have you tried taking a lower dose, say 0.5mg? it seems to help a lot of people on this forum, that's why I'm so interested. A lot of people here might say you develop a tolerance and the tiredness wears off, but I have no personal experience to speak from.

Yeah I'd say the sleep problems started with me having my eczema flare ups at night..

Thanks dude. I'm only 19.. I've heard that cypro can completely inhibit growth hormone, something that for me with a small possibility of growth is not desirable .. do you think the effect on growth hormone would be permanent or would it be back to normal when stopping the drug?

Gametime

I'm sorry you're struggling with sleep, I'm with you. Mirtazapine has been helping me, but not so much anymore. but cypro is helping your anxiety a lot...? does the anxiety come back the next day after taking cypro the night before? How long have you been taking it and have you tried taking a lower dose, say 0.5mg? it seems to help a lot of people on this forum, that's why I'm so interested. A lot of people here might say you develop a tolerance and the tiredness wears off, but I have no personal experience to speak from.[/QUOTE]

Also, I've only taken it 3 times.. took 1mg first then 2mg the followIng nights.. might try 0.5mg tonight..

Luckytype

I am going to be using cypro to eventually knock my sero/prl down and likely slowly taper onto thyroid to ideally get my temps up from 97.2-97.5 in the mornings.

Before adding thyroid, what should i be paying attention to?

Should I expect temps to fall slightly and my extremities maybe warm up a bit here and there? Will my body perhaps stay warmer a little longer?

May I have suggestions on time to potentially add in some thyroid supplementation? In a few months and conceivably if thyroid helps I am kinda on the idea that some pregnenalone sprinkled in may help as well.

Im not quite sure what to expect at this point and I really dont know how long I should commit to this on its own before considering another addition.

One last thing, is there anything I can consider adding to maybe break my own downregulated cycle and perhaps sensitize myself to my own thyroid?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals