Antiviral Emergency Combo

Lilly

Hi everybody,I would appreciate advice on the best antiviral supplements. I recently had an unpleasant large viral outburst which left me confused since the last time i had it I was in middle school. So, to have it again now when I have been doing the pro thyroid style living and eating for over 6 years now, and having solved most of my health issues to this day , is very annoying at least. I have done my homework and spent hours reading on the forum and investigating, and I have found that the best combo would be: Inosine+ methylene blue + aspirin + niacinamide. Any thoughts? I have also thought about metergoline since it is a serotonin antagonist but I have learned that it is used mostly for fungal problems. I do sometimes have unexplained outbursts of anger which would suggest I have high serotonin...I also considered lanosterol, lapodin and taurine, but I got a bit lost in the abundance of information I read... chime in if you can:)

Peatful

Hi @Lilly

Cold like viruses? Try Colloidal Silver.
Herpes? Try Progesterone.

Also, coconut oil may have therapeutic benefits.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lilly

Thank you all! Now I need to figure out what to buy out of all the proposed stuff:p:

Amazoniac, it would in fact be nice to read about nutrition in viral infections, if possible;)

Constatine

Might want to stay away from aspirin. It would probably help but the research is mixed so probably don't want to risk it. Reyes syndrome and all that. Turmeric is a decent antiviral and a great antibacterial.

OP
L

Lilly

Honestly, I don't know anything about Reyes Syndrome, will look into it. I have been using low dose aspirin for a loong period of time...

Atfer reading this Self-reported Health Much Better Predictor Than "objective" Tests it seems to me that the answer for viral issues could be an anti serotonin drug, i.e. cyproheptadine. Which in fact makes a lot of sense.

"The proliferation of viruses and manifesting their effects on the cells requires activating the serotonin "receptor". Blocking that receptor with something like cyproheptadine may stop pretty much any viral disease, even something as serious as HIV, Ebola, and rabies. Even the deadly condition PML caused by JCV.
The JCV uses a serotonin receptor to infect cells
Cyproheptadine May Prevent And Treat HIV Infection
Cyproheptadine May Treat Ebola Infection"

burtlancast

I would guess shingles?

Magnesium chloride for increasing white blood cell activity, garlic as anti viral, oregano oil if it's shingles.

MMS if things don't get better.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Immunodeficiency, dioxins, stress, and the hormones

Estrogen causes the thymus to shrink and compromises immunity. Progesterone and anything that opposes the actions of estrogen (including thyroid hormone, aspirin, pregnenolone, cyproheptadine, and caffeine and niacinamide and many other substances) stimulate the immune system.

[Stimulation of the immune response during blockade of serotonin receptors by cyproheptadine]. - PubMed - NCBI

The approximate opioid antagonist naltrexone has been used to reduce the severity of autoimmune conditions, and cyproheptadine has similar effects.

Effect of the antiserotonin drug, cyproheptadine, on plasma beta-endorphin and beta-lipotropin in patients with Itsenko-Cushing's disease. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
L

Lilly

I have heard about low dose Naltrexone years ago but haven't been able to get it.
Improving immunity by blocking serotonin interests me very much now. I actually haven't been a lot sick in the past year or two which suggested improved immunity but I guess that the regular exposure to different stressors take their toll. Serotonin is my nemesis right now it seems..
Progesterone is a wonderful thing, I have been using it for years. It really is everything that Peat has been teaching us,and it helped me immensely.

Birdie

Honestly, I don't know anything about Reyes Syndrome, will look into it. I have been using low dose aspirin for a loong period of time...

Atfer reading this Self-reported Health Much Better Predictor Than "objective" Tests it seems to me that the answer for viral issues could be an anti serotonin drug, i.e. cyproheptadine. Which in fact makes a lot of sense.

"The proliferation of viruses and manifesting their effects on the cells requires activating the serotonin "receptor". Blocking that receptor with something like cyproheptadine may stop pretty much any viral disease, even something as serious as HIV, Ebola, and rabies. Even the deadly condition PML caused by JCV.
The JCV uses a serotonin receptor to infect cells
Cyproheptadine May Prevent And Treat HIV Infection
Cyproheptadine May Treat Ebola Infection"

From Ray Peat:

In the 1980s, there was a big publicity campaign warning parents that giving aspirin to a child with the flu could cause the potentially deadly Reye syndrome. Aspirin sales declined sharply, as sales of acetaminophen (Tylenol, etc.) increased tremendously. But in Australia, a study of Reye syndrome cases found that six times as many of them had been using acetaminophen as had used aspirin. (Orlowski, et al., 1987)

Aspirin, brain, and cancer

OP
L

Lilly

From Ray Peat:

In the 1980s, there was a big publicity campaign warning parents that giving aspirin to a child with the flu could cause the potentially deadly Reye syndrome. Aspirin sales declined sharply, as sales of acetaminophen (Tylenol, etc.) increased tremendously. But in Australia, a study of Reye syndrome cases found that six times as many of them had been using acetaminophen as had used aspirin. (Orlowski, et al., 1987)

Aspirin, brain, and cancer

I love his articles ❤️

Birdie

I love his articles ❤️
For sure.
I'm doing a trial without aspirin after using it for about 5 years, like you I guess. But I've been getting easy bruising for the past few years.. So, I'm trying a period without it. We'll see how that goes. I think it helped with sleep. Since I stopped am awakening abruptly mid sleep. Just thought of this connection! But, even with much vitamin K, the bruising persisted. Too bad but want to work on the bruising. Figure it indicates possible inner bleeding... Hope to fix. :crystalball:

OP
L

Lilly

Dont worry about it Schultz!
Birdie yes I love aspirin and have been taking it for years, off and on, not constantly. It helps with sleep( not more than 100 mg before bed) and it helps with inflammation. I use to have problems adjusting the dose but not anymore. It's important not to overdo it if it's not necessary. I get few bruises if i take too much. It seems to me that the healthier I got every supplement had more effect, the aspirin, thyroid and progesterone.

Lurker

I do sometimes have unexplained outbursts of anger which would suggest I have high serotonin...I also considered lanosterol, lapodin and taurine, but I got a bit lost in the abundance of information I read... chime in if you can:)

I had excellent results with Activated Charcoal for the overwhelmed feelings and angry outbursts. It doesn’t solve the problem but can add some clarity to your life while you figure it all out.

I already shared this elsewhere, but here it is again:
Nutrition in viral infections

Is this the new Rick Roll?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals