How To Prepare Your Skin For Sun Exposure?

kayumochi

As general inflammation decreased, sunburn became a thing of the past for me. I have found that supplementing with D3 goes a long way in gaining resistance to sunburn. Add aspirin and niacinamide, orally and topically, to that and I can now enjoy the sun with the best of them.

Note: 5 grams of niacinamide mixed 100 ml of water in a spray bottle works.

OP
D

dq139

As general inflammation decreased, sunburn became a thing of the past for me. I have found that supplementing with D3 goes a long way in gaining resistance to sunburn. Add aspirin and niacinamide, orally and topically, to that and I can now enjoy the sun with the best of them.

Note: 5 grams of niacinamide mixed 100 ml of water in a spray bottle works.

How long can u stay in the sun now without burning if u take vitD3 and niacinamide with aspirin?

biggirlkisss

depends on the pufa in you and how dark you are. I never burn ever... so but other people are different just start slow.

OP
D

dq139

depends on the pufa in you and how dark you are. I never burn ever... so but other people are different just start slow.

If u don't burn at all u must be atleast medium brown skinned?...cause with light olive I can stay in the sun for about 25 to 30 mins before getting burned. If I already am tanned to light brown I can stay out for hours without getting a painfull burn....I do eat chicken and olive oil so my pufa is probably high

biggirlkisss

I am darker skin but not black.. I remember getting burned as a child but otherwise no. One person calmed she never got burned and she been doing ray peat for 5 years at time of the comment but I dunno if enough Uv could still cause burning.. You hope the detoxification processes from orange to deep red 600-670 help lower that. I'm tanning at a tanning bed 8 minutes every other day and no burning.

tara

Maybe consider solban (idealabs) or similar, a zinc oxide + saturated fat sunscreen, glass filter and limiting exposure with hat and shirt.

xborg

I've consistently found that a high-dose multi-B (100mg) formula plus 4-6mg astaxanthin to be an effective internal shield taken an hour or so before sun exposure. I am very fair and do not apply topical sunblocks. That doesn't mean I can spend hours in the strongest sun, but it definitely keeps me from burning when I otherwise would have after 60-90 minutes out on my bike. Based on other comments, perhaps the 100mg of B3 in the multi-B is its key factor.

OP
D

dq139

I've consistently found that a high-dose multi-B (100mg) formula plus 4-6mg astaxanthin to be an effective internal shield taken an hour or so before sun exposure. I am very fair and do not apply topical sunblocks. That doesn't mean I can spend hours in the strongest sun, but it definitely keeps me from burning when I otherwise would have after 60-90 minutes out on my bike. Based on other comments, perhaps the 100mg of B3 in the multi-B is its key factor.

Is asthaxanthin a dht blocker?

kayumochi

I found astaxanthin along + D3 effective and have found aspirin + niacinamide + D3 equally effective for sunburn protection but the later combo has another benefit - makes my skin look better.

ebs

use conouct oil it will protect you from being burned. I would also recommand 30 minutes max of sunlight then use windows like sitting in a car for the remainder of the sun exposure.

Getting sunlicht through the window is useless. Glass blocks the healthy uv-b while the harmful uv-a goes through it.

biggirlkisss

@ebs yes but you only need a certain amount of sunlight then you get enough D rest of benefits of near infared which glass would be good with and add some uv film on that to block the rest of uva. Glass in cars front windshield block uva as well as uvb.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals