What Happens To Fish Oil In The Body?

Steve

I can't find any evidence of this after an internet search, but if researchers cut out a sample of human fat it would apparently contain saturated & polyunsaturated fats.
Since fish oil goes rancid quickly at room temperature does that mean that the fat from eating fish that is found in human tissue is rancid, or does it stay stable somehow?

I've never read of anyone taking a fat sample from a human & showing that it was full of rancid fats, so I wasn't sure if it goes thru some kind of process I'm not aware of or if it is somehow kept from going rancid.
It doesn't make sense to me that it quickly goes rancid or the big-time salmon eaters where I live in Oregon would all smell terrible & have all kinds of problems. It also doesn't make sense that it stays fresh since the human body is 98.6 degrees.

johnwester130

Even when "fresh" deodorized fish oil is added to the diet, its spontaneous oxidation before it reaches the animal's tissues reduces its caloric value. Without antioxidants, fish oil is massively degraded within 48 hours, and even with a huge amount of antioxidant there is still considerable degradation (Gonzalez, 1988; Klein, et al., 1990).

A diet rich in fish oil causes intense production of toxic lipid peroxides, and has been observed to reduce a man's sperm count to zero. [H. Sinclair, Prog. Lipid Res. 25, 667, 1989.]

The growth and metastasis of a variety of tumors are inhibited by saturated fatty acids, and increased by fish oil--as much as 10 times in number of metastases, 1000 times in size (Griffini, et al., 1998).

"The cheapness of the seed oils led to their use in animal feeds, to promote growth. By the 1940s, the polyunsaturated oils, including fish oils, were known to cause deterioration of the brain, muscles, and gonads in a variety of animals, and this was found to be caused mainly by their destruction of vitamin E. A little later, the disease called steatitis or yellow fat disease was found to be produced in various animals that were fed too much fish or fish oil. "

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals