". Doing It Every Day(soap) Is An "Endocrine Disrupter. "

L

lollipop

Thanks @lisaferraro. Any thoughts on this hand cream? My fiancee just sent it to me for approval lol.

Grown Alchemist - Hand Wash
The problem is @Jsaute21 is they do not show you full ingredients-I am wary...active ingredients look fine, when they don't show full list, usually means rest is junk. I got my husband to use the vintage traditions mildly manly cream. It's awesome! Beef tallow and essential oils:

vintagetraditions.com

Travis

I do know from reading an experiment that vitamin D is absorbed transdermally. This is heavier and bulkier than stearate and very nearly as long. If vitamin D gets absorbed you would expect stearate to be absorbed as well.

But stearate is found in coconut oil at 2.8% so it's Peat-friendly! This is the most Peatish soap here. I can buy this at my local grocery store and the ingredients are (IIRC) just coconut oil, sodium hydroxide, and glycerine.

I would assume that the absorbed saponified oils from soap are eventually metabolized for energy.

(From working on my old SAAB, I can tell you that turpentine and gasoline rapidly permeate the skin and produce confusion.)

Last edited:

Amazoniac

I do know from reading an experiment that vitamin D is absorbed transdermally. This is heavier and bulkier than stearate and very nearly as long. If vitamin D gets absorbed you would expect stearate to be absorbed as well.

But stearate is found in coconut oil at 2.8% so it's Peat-friendly! This is the most Peatish soap here. I can buy this at my local grocery store and the ingredients are (IIRC) just coconut oil, sodium hydroxide, and glycerine.

I would assume that the absorbed saponified oils from soap are eventually metabolized for energy.

(From working on my old SAAB, I can tell you that turpentine and gasoline rapidly permeate the skin and produce confusion.)
Thanks! But what about the endocrine disruptive part?

Travis

I'm not sure what to make of that. I wouldn't expect the sodium stearate from soap to behave any different than the stearate hydrolized from coconut oil in the body.

Luann

Used tea on my hair last night. This morning for work it looked more fluffy and playful and less greasy than usual. Maybe not quite like shampooed hair but pretty darn good.

Kate

Used tea on my hair last night. This morning for work it looked more fluffy and playful and less greasy than usual. Maybe not quite like shampooed hair but pretty darn good.
I have been trying to wash my hair less recently, and tea sounds like a neat alternative to shampoo (what kind did you use?)

Luann

@Kate it was black tea and I left it on my hair all night with a grocery bag cap.

But it only worked that once and so I've moved on to rinsing with spinach water and baking cocoa for the oxalate content. Kind of wondering if oxalic acid will bind some of the calcium in my hard water and help my hair out. Just a thought.

Luann

The egg wash works great if you don't use the egg white. Just saying.

Peater

My endocrines will have to stay disrupted then. I work in construction and ride horses (Not simultaneously :D)

No way I'm foregoing soap and a shower.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut - do you know what can be disruptive in simple soaps? (discussion above)

I don't think pure/simple glycerin soap is disruptive but any other type probably contains a number of very endocrinely-active chemicals, and some of them don't even have to be listed on the label as they are considered "fragrances". Plain, unscented, glycerin soap is best.

Luann

I've started the bentonite clay for hair and I love it so far. Will keep y'all updated. Brushing has become fun again.

Luann

Yep, the bentonite clay mixed with a little vinegar makes my hair feel really clean. Kind of tangled, but surely there's a natural detangler recipe online.

Luann

I don't think pure/simple glycerin soap is disruptive but any other type probably contains a number of very endocrinely-active chemicals, and some of them don't even have to be listed on the label as they are considered "fragrances". Plain, unscented, glycerin soap is best.

I can't use soaps on my hair, no -poo doesn't work very well except clay which I don't like to use all the time, too alkaline for hair. Haven't tried glycerine soap. What about pure sodium laureth sulfate?

I wouldn't use it every day, I don't use other forms of surfactants through the day. Oxidative stress studies show that prolonged exposure is much worse than a five minute shower. I'm thinking this could be a healthy option. No fragrances or sodium chloride, just coconut-based surfactant.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I can't use soaps on my hair, no -poo doesn't work very well except clay which I don't like to use all the time, too alkaline for hair. Haven't tried glycerine soap. What about pure sodium laureth sulfate?

I wouldn't use it every day, I don't use other forms of surfactants through the day. Oxidative stress studies show that prolonged exposure is much worse than a five minute shower. I'm thinking this could be a healthy option. No fragrances or sodium chloride, just coconut-based surfactant.

Sodium laurate is basically soap. So, it should be fine.

I think the endocrine disrupting factor in simple soaps is the burden put on the skin to reproduce the immune factors and oils (including cholesterol sulfate) that are washed away with the soap, I could see that being a drain on hormone production with daily use.

Last edited:

Wagner83

A good shower can have positive effects as well I think (experience), so maybe it can be both ways and after certain types of stress showering can help. I doubt I'm the only one who has enjoyed a good shower at times and felt better afterwards.

raypeatclips

A good shower can have positive effects as well I think (experience), so maybe it can be both ways and after certain types of stress showering can help. I doubt I'm the only one who has enjoyed a good shower at times and felt better afterwards.

Showers are very relaxing, stress reducing and a good way bring up temperatures. Just maybe not every day and/ or water only?

Wagner83

Showers are very relaxing, stress reducing and a good way bring up temperatures. Just maybe not every day and/ or water only?
I can't say what I do is ideal, but a few times a week with a safe soap and even less often with shampoo (as needed for dandruff etc..) works fine for me. I think people who have bad digestion or are under a lot of stress may need more and benefit from more because they stink more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals