Energy, Fatigue And Exhaustion - An Interview With Paul Eck

AJC

"I have known people who will stay on the program
for as long as a year without getting a retest. Then
they will come back to me and say that our program
helped them for a while
and then their condition
returned
. They say they feel as bad as they ever did.
This is what some individuals do today. They try to
save a little money and they end up wasting all their
money."
Seems we have to commit or not do it...

Nah I retested every three months. Saw and felt pretty big changes within the first three months, the next couple retests showed and felt not much different. After about 6-9 months of stagnation I figured enough was enough.

ivy

Nah I retested every three months. Saw and felt pretty big changes within the first three months, the next couple retests showed and felt not much different. After about 6-9 months of stagnation I figured enough was enough.

What initially lead you to try it out, care to explain? Thanks.

Dobbler

This is fantastic piece of information! Why do i notice this now when i needed this information years ago? I can 100% surely say im in a burnout and it warms my heart that feeling hopeless and depressed is not a normal way to feel...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wonder why Paul Eck died so young?

Hugh Johnson

gbolduev mentioned this owa and owa again:
Ray's dietary suggestions are meant more for someone with an already fast, strong metabolism; people that are already in an energized state. In that context, it makes perfect sense to consume more saturated fats, high calcium and copper, more protein, etc. But most people that arrive here are dealing with slow and weak metabolism, and a way of eating like that would only work if you emulated the opposite with thyroid supplements. Saturated fats are not so good for people that are having problems related to inability to generate enough energy, Roy Swank's diet to manage MS is a good example of that. And since eating a diet with more unsaturated fats is not healthy at all, the alternative is eating a very low-fat diet with just enough protein; and perhaps gradually and comfortably increase those nutrients back (easier said than done :ss).
Everything here is wrong, and possibly dangerous. Ray is constantly advising people with damaged metabolism, it's what he does. Coconut oil often has immediate and dramatic effects on people with weak metabolism

Ulysses

From Eck’s description I am obviously a “slow oxidizer” and came to RP with a broken metabolism. But, nothing RP advises has ever made me feel worse. I only felt better and better. I can only think of two exceptions, both of which were wholly my fault: dramatically underestimating my caffeine intake, and gaining a few pounds by dramatically overeating.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Everything here is wrong, and possibly dangerous. Ray is constantly advising people with damaged metabolism, it's what he does. Coconut oil often has immediate and dramatic effects on people with weak metabolism
Hugh, I have the impression that you're actually also getting paid to said that. If you don't believe it, you can suggest the therapeutic milk and orange juice diet to someone who is already suppressed and let's see how long the person can sustain it without tapping out and resorting to thyroid hormones. It's fine, you can include a weekly serving of liver, shellfish, and daily coffee to taste. The saturated fats mentioned above are the long-chain kind, and although shorter chains behave differently, you can also include those in the experiment.

Mito

I wonder why Paul Eck died so young?
Assuming he died because of a degenerative disease, it makes you wonder why his mineral balancing ideas did not work for him. But maybe his death was accidental or something?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Assuming he died because of a degenerative disease, it makes you wonder why his mineral balancing ideas did not work for him. But maybe his death was accidental or something?
That's what I was thinking too. I couldn't find any details beyond years of birth and death of 1925-1996.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

I don't know either. But when a person worked in the health field, the family is usually willing to state it clearly when the death was due to an accident, giving the idea that some fatality got in the way of the person's purpose on the earths. Another attempt is trying to frame the death as progressive unavoidable sickness, also giving an idea that the person was able to contribute to humanity despite the misfortune. And when there's omission on the cause, it's often not accidental, and it can be for fear of discrediting the emerging work. The sad part is that it's justifiable because people do use this things against it. Adelle Davis' work could've been tookened more seriously if the cause was unknown.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I don't know either. But when a person worked in the health field, the family is usually willing to state it clearly when the death was due to an accident, giving the idea that some fatality got in the way of the person's purpose on the earths. Another attempt is trying to frame the death as progressive unavoidable sickness, also giving an idea that the person was able to contribute to humanity despite the misfortune. And when there's omission on the cause, it's often not accidental, and it can be for fear of discrediting the emerging work. The sad part is that it's justifiable because people do use this things against it. Adelle Davis' work could've been tookened more seriously if the cause was unknown.
I suppose he wasn't famous enough to make the headlines.

Hugh Johnson

Hugh, I have the impression that you're actually also getting paid to said that. If you don't believe it, you can suggest the therapeutic milk and orange juice diet to someone who is already suppressed and let's see how long the person can sustain it without tapping out and resorting to thyroid hormones. It's fine, you can include a weekly serving of liver, shellfish, and daily coffee to taste. The saturated fats mentioned above are the long-chain kind, and although shorter chains behave differently, you can also include those in the experiment.
I'm pretty sure you are a paranoid schizophrenic or something similar.

cyclops

Those who are hypothyroid are likely to benefit from eating more saturated fats, for example. Saturated fats provide a good source of energy since they're preferably burned. They can mitigate endotoxic risks and displace PUFAs in store.

I never understood this whole idea of saturated fats displacing PUFAs, but have heard it mentioned many times. If PUFAs are preferentially stored because the body doesn't want to use them and saturated fats are preferably burned, how would consuming saturated fats take the place of any PUFA? It seems logical that the PUFA would just stay where they are and the Saturated fats would get burned (or just stored as well if overeating).

XPlus

I never understood this whole idea of saturated fats displacing PUFAs, but have heard it mentioned many times. If PUFAs are preferentially stored because the body doesn't want to use them and saturated fats are preferably burned, how would consuming saturated fats take the place of any PUFA? It seems logical that the PUFA would just stay where they are and the Saturated fats would get burned (or just stored as well if overeating).
It's a long-term process (e.g. it takes 4 years to deplete PUFA according to Ray Peat).
Preferance means SFAs are burned first when they're available as an energy source.
At times when the there's a shortage of saturated fat supply (ie from diet) , PUFAs are liberated from stores to keep up with the energy demands. As PUFA stores are depleted, they're replaced with saturated fats, given one is making a concious effort to limit dietary PUFAs.