Organic Cocoa Powder - Dutched - Fair Trade Certified

D

danishispsychic

seriously i LOVE it. i am making smoothies with it and it make me happy- really lifts my mood. great added to my coffee too. LOVELOVELOVE

kaybb

We are excited to add another high quality product to our cocoa line, Cocoa Butter! Our cocoa butter is organic and fair trade certified, it is also food grade.

Big thanks to @Travis and @haidut for their recent work and findings of Stearic Acid. Stearic acid is the buzz of the forum lately, and as many of you know cocoa butter is loaded with it. The links below are some recent threads on stearic acid and it's amazing properties. Stearic acid has been shown to improve cardiovascular health, reduce visceral fat, and increase lean muscle mass.

-Just 20g Stearic Acid Daily Improves Cardiovascular Health In Human Males
-Stearic Acid Increases Mitochondrial Function, May Treat Parkinson Disease (PD)
-PUFA Required/essential For Cancer; Stearic Acid Is A PUFA Antagonist & Anti-cancer
-Dietary Stearic Acid Reduces Visceral Fat By 70% And Increases Lean Mass
-Fats High In Stearic Acid Improve Hemoglobin, Lowers LDL Cholesterol

-Cacao Butter: Strong Anti-cortisol, Anti-anxiety Effects

Cocoa butter also contains vitamin E and K. Along with antioxidants and other metabolically stimulating nutrients.

We know you will love this cocoa butter that will "deliver energy to your life"!

Click Here To Purchase Cocoa Butter
I love the organic cocoa powder. I have been making the flourless brownies. I have a question about lead. I am reading how cocoa can be higher in lead if sourced outside of USA. One reason was the equipment being used in USA had to adhere to lead free standards. Do you have info on this?

OP
LifeGivingStore
I love the organic cocoa powder. I have been making the flourless brownies. I have a question about lead. I am reading how cocoa can be higher in lead if sourced outside of USA. One reason was the equipment being used in USA had to adhere to lead free standards. Do you have info on this?
Hi kaybb, thank you for your inquiry. We tested the cocoa powder via a third party laboratory for lead and it was measured at .02 ppm.

If you have any other questions please do ask. :)

kaybb

Hi kaybb, thank you for your inquiry. We tested the cocoa powder via a third party laboratory for lead and it was measured at .02 ppm.

If you have any other questions please do ask. :)
Thank you so much. I’m assuming that is super low? I’m ready to order more but wanted to check. It’s thee best cocoa.

Mito

I’m assuming that is super low?
For what it’s worth the FDA says this:

The chocolate industry data indicate that the mean lead level in 226 dark chocolate samples (consisting of 9 products) was 0.048 ppm, the standard deviation was 0.029 ppm, and the maximum lead level found was 0.275 ppm. Several dark chocolate samples had lead levels exceeding 0.1 ppm, and more dark chocolate than milk chocolate samples had lead levels approaching 0.1 ppm. Dark chocolate samples tended to have higher lead levels than milk chocolate samples because chocolate liquor is the principal source of lead in chocolate products, and dark chocolate products contain higher amounts of chocolate liquor than milk chocolate products.”

https://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/Metals/ucm172050.htm

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This makes a great "dry shampoo" if you're between washes. It works best for dark blond to medium brown or reddish hair. I use a make up brush to apply it to my roots and it absorbs the oils nicely.

L

lollipop

This makes a great "dry shampoo" if you're between washes. It works best for dark blond to medium brown or reddish hair. I use a make up brush to apply it to my roots and it absorbs the oils nicely.
WoW! Great idea @Blossom :):

Blossom

Forum Supporter
WoW! Great idea @Blossom :):
I just wanted to let you know that today I used the cocoa powder as a bronzer on my face and it not only looks nice but I feel good about putting it on my skin- more so than even the cleanest commercial make up.

L

lollipop

I just wanted to let you know that today I used the cocoa powder as a bronzer on my face and it not only looks nice but I feel good about putting it on my skin- more so than even the cleanest commercial make up.
How awesome; what a great idea!

Urrgh...:-/ as I sit here with my makeup (rarely wear, had to today) wishing I could take it off and put on cocoa powder - lol.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
1001 uses for cocoa powder. :D

L

lollipop

Hi @Blossom! I did it today as well!! It feels great on your skin and my husband even agreed it was slightly better than no makeup for giving slight color. I also used a coconut oil mascara and a coconut oil and beet lip color. Feels so light and natural on my face but with a bit more umph...

Luk3

Can someone please tell me the health differences between non-alkalised cocoa and dutch processed? Is the dutch version better because it contains more fat?

denise

Can someone please tell me the health differences between non-alkalised cocoa and dutch processed? Is the dutch version better because it contains more fat?
Dutching has nothing to do with fat. You can find high-fat and low-fat versions of both dutched and natural cocoa. I'm not sure about health differences.

OP
LifeGivingStore
Hi Luk3, the dutch process make it less acidic along with making it easier to mix with milk and other liquids. We find it tastes better too. The fat content has nothing to do with the dutch processing. The higher fat content found in our cocoa powder will have more of the good nutrients and protective properties along with tasting much better then the lower fat versions.

Hope that helps! If you have any more questions please let us know.