Baking Soda+Yogurt Lactic Acid Inhibition?

Jon

I am very new to Peats work and have been introduced to Nathan Hatch's blog F*ckportioncontrol, so bare with my newbie ignorance!

Reading that in the quest for improved metabolism/thyroid state (ridding hypothyroid) it would be most beneficial to decrease blood lactic acid, and exogenous sources like yogurt.

My problem is I'm not jumping to gain a bunch of weight from gorging full fat dairy sources to reach calcium quota, so non fat Greek yogurt is awesome. It also contains a lot of protein which I need atleast 140g of a day to fuel hypertrophy, being that I weight train avidly.

So do any of you experienced peat followers/remissed hypothyroid sufferers think adding baking soda to my yogurt would neutralize the acid enough to assure I wasn't uptaking it during digestion? I recently tried it and was somewhat elated to find that my yogurt was fizzing, indicating some beneficial Co2 forming. Thoughts? Thanks for anyone's input!

keith

I am very new to Peats work and have been introduced to Nathan Hatch's blog F*ckportioncontrol, so bare with my newbie ignorance!

Reading that in the quest for improved metabolism/thyroid state (ridding hypothyroid) it would be most beneficial to decrease blood lactic acid, and exogenous sources like yogurt.

My problem is I'm not jumping to gain a bunch of weight from gorging full fat dairy sources to reach calcium quota, so non fat Greek yogurt is awesome. It also contains a lot of protein which I need atleast 140g of a day to fuel hypertrophy, being that I weight train avidly.

So do any of you experienced peat followers/remissed hypothyroid sufferers think adding baking soda to my yogurt would neutralize the acid enough to assure I wasn't uptaking it during digestion? I recently tried it and was somewhat elated to find that my yogurt was fizzing, indicating some beneficial Co2 forming. Thoughts? Thanks for anyone's input!

I'd be interested in the answer also. I believe the reaction would create sodium lactate, CO2, and water. The latter two are obviously fine, but I'm not sure about sodium lactate.

Koveras

OP
Jon

Jon

I'd be interested in the answer also. I believe the reaction would create sodium lactate, CO2, and water. The latter two are obviously fine, but I'm not sure about sodium lactate.
Not sure about health but it might support the gains

Thank you both for your input! Wow fascinating stuff about caffeine+lactate! Would be pretty damn cool if there were efficacy b/c that's the exact combo I had for my meal lol 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt, large pinch of baking soda stirred in, some cinnamon, liquid stevia, large cup of coffee lol

Last edited by a moderator:

miki14

Sodium bicarbonate with lactic acid will form a salt, sodium lactate, which might be absorbed and released in the body as lactic acid again. I liked to do it as it gives yoghurt and cottage cheese a creamy sweet consistency. The lactic acid content in dairy products is too low to bother anyway for most healthy individuals.

blackface

I am necromancing this thread.

So does adding baking soda to yoghurt help to reduce the content of lactic acid?

Here in europe most of the greek yoghurts have yoghurt cultures in them and I think it is not great for my digestion. But I really like to eat the yoghurt for protein.

Do you guys eat the yoghurt or not?

VitoScaletta

I am necromancing this thread.

So does adding baking soda to yoghurt help to reduce the content of lactic acid?

Here in europe most of the greek yoghurts have yoghurt cultures in them and I think it is not great for my digestion. But I really like to eat the yoghurt for protein.

Do you guys eat the yoghurt or not?
1660591592502.png

I'd like to know aswell, although in the context of kefir
First off all what is the reaction of baking soda + lactic acid and how can we even mix it in the product evenly and reliably cause a reaction...

Have you tried lacto-fermentated products?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals